Yet another grow op

seewood
Guru

Re: Yet another grow op

Post by seewood »

Gixxer wrote:Market is flooded. Prices are at all time lows. Lots of growers are pulling the plug.

I figured that might happen in several years once the market and share is figured out, but not this soon. Care to show a link or two to enlighten us regarding the above statement?
Thx
I am not wealthy but I am rich
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

seewood wrote:
Gixxer wrote:Market is flooded. Prices are at all time lows. Lots of growers are pulling the plug.

I figured that might happen in several years once the market and share is figured out, but not this soon. Care to show a link or two to enlighten us regarding the above statement?
Thx

Its reality. Watch for a lot of people to suddenly fall on hard times.
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Post by Gixxer »

seewood wrote:
Thx

Nope no links just inside knowledge of those that are in the industry.
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

Brilliant observation lol. Query me these questions? What market are prices falling in? What countries? What products? Edibles, medicinal, or recreational? What countries can Canadian producers already export to without breaking any Canadian laws? Do any of the Canadian Cannabis mega's already have export contracts to other legal jurisdictions? Do you have any clue as to the advantage Canadian Companies (thanks to BC) have in cultivation and what kind of respect this.....technology actually, has on a global platform? I know you don't. You think growing MJ is the same as growing tomatoes or cucumbers.
Well it is not and you should maybe recognize that this is a new industry that is going to be larger than the timber industry (already is if ya pay attention) and will provide more revenues and jobs as well.
Difference between your opinion and mine is that taxpayers will be getting the profit of a recognized and legitimate and already widely used product VS the Hell's Angel's.
Your position is about as smart as complaining the end of prohibition drove down the price of booze to the point that no company could possibly profit from making it. That's just a total disconnect to any sort of reality with special reference to basic supply and demand theory.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Post by Gixxer »

Not sure why the attack and the dump of questions.

I'm only responding to what I know about smaller legal local growers.

You seem to have the answers to your questions. You were waiting for my answers to tell me Im wrong. So how about you tell us. Better yet can you tell us what the current price of a pound of marijuana is and how much it cost to produce a pound a marijuana?
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Gixxer wrote:Not sure why the attack and the dump of questions.

I'm only responding to what I know about smaller legal local growers.

You seem to have the answers to your questions. You were waiting for my answers to tell me Im wrong. So how about you tell us. Better yet can you tell us what the current price of a pound of marijuana is and how much it cost to produce a pound a marijuana?

800 a pound. Costs about 500 a pound to grow in a leased space
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Post by Gixxer »

So it costs $500 to make $300.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Gixxer wrote:So it costs $500 to make $300.

If nothing goes wrong lol

Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Takes six months too. Not a quick pay day

twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

Gixxer wrote:So it costs $500 to make $300.

Any person with an ounce of business sense would be drooling at those profit margins. I also don't believe there are 60% net margins in the MJ industry but the margins that will reportable as required by law as publicly traded companies will reflect their true value. Current valuations are not based upon earnings per share. They are based on future earnings potential and market share. Is it a gamble? Fer sure. About the same as those that stuck with Amazon and Netflix.
There are going to be winners and losers in the MJ market. The winners will be big and the losers will become evident within a cpl of years.
Pick your horse.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Nedroj
Übergod

Re: yet another grow op

Post by Nedroj »

twobits wrote:
Anonymous123 wrote:Growing pot is no where near the pain that beer and/or wine brewing is. Four plants in the garden can yield up to four pounds and it is just as good as the chemically fed plants. It all depends on the strain. If I need more than four pounds a year then I think I've let my habit get the best of me.

Respectfully, I don't agree with any of your points. And I am seriously trying to be respectful here!! No person is going to grow any plant in the "ground" in our growing season outdoors that is anywhere the quality that will come from a controlled indoor environment.
As to four plants grown by individuals indoors......they might come close in quality but that would depend on the desired end product be it recreational or medicinal. But that quality would be hugely dependant on investment in indoor growing from lights, humidity, pest, odour control and the friggin space to do it......plus the controls of the source stock.
True Medical users will always buy from commercial for continuity of quality and strain for their needs. Recreational users who just want to get "high" might try growing their 4 plant allotment but will very soon realize it makes as much sense to do so as it does to go down to the local ubrew and make beer or wine that only they will drink and never offer to friends because they know it is swill. When they do offer it to friends, the friends either politely decline on the next visit or never return. The ones that do are alcoholics and don't care what they drink.
Some will grow four plants well and produce good weed. But they won't be in it to make money or save money. And they will be .1% of the weed users if that.
Vodka can be made with water, sugar, yeast and a pressure cooker with a very simple off the shelf hardware store hack. Heck, any carbohydrate, water and yeast will ferment to ethyl alcohol which is what vodka is. Google it. I haven't heard about a whole bunch of people making their own vodka with a 50 dollar investment required when they can just go to the liquor store and buy it without effort. And please don't play the distillation of alcohol spirits card is illegal.

Respectfully I dont think you and others know what you're talking about. Yes "Outdoor" weed is not the same quality as "indoor" in most cases but I've smoked some good outdoor and I've smoked bad indoor so anything is possible. But let me break it down for all of you. A human CANNOT mimic the amount of Lumens broadcast naturally by the sun by artificial light. Which is one of three key ingredients to growing any plant. So technically if the temperature is ideal and the plants are fed the ideal amount of nutrients and are also given a higher than usual dosage of CO2 on a daily basis then it is possible for Outdoor to be just as good as indoor.

There is ZERO difference between "Medical" weed and "Recreational" Period. And it doesnt take much equipment, time or space to grow 4 plants and yield 4 lbs or 1 lb per plant. Remember, its a weed it will grow as long as you give it the basics. Odor control is not really needed for only 4 plants plus its legal so who cares. The main reason people invested thousands of dollars into charcoal/UV filters was to prevent someone from smelling it and calling the cops. No need to worry about that. Grow equipment is super cheap now, 2 1000 watt HPS/MH ballasts with light shades can be bought for a couple hundred bucks, Roll of poly for environmental and pest control, Make a big planter out of 2x10's, fill it with PROMIX dirt, add in a fresh air intake to replenish the used up CO2, An exhaust or AC unit to take away the excess heat and humidity, a couple gallons of a good 3-part nutrient mix, get yourself 4 clones and in 3 months you'll have a great crop of weed. In the end you will save money, learn a new hobby that some people quite enjoy and have weed to share between friends during get together's. Plus the following crops all you will need is more clones (or take your own) and possibly some more nutrients. The bulk of the grow op is reusable. After a few rounds the dirt will need to be replaced but just throw it out in your veggie garden and you'll have the best tomatoes your neighbors have ever seen. Conservatively speaking a 500$ investment will return you 4,000$ in product on the first crop alone if you grow it right. A standard in pot growing is 1 lb of product per 1000 watt light is the bare minimum. If you cant pull that then you are doing something very wrong.

Trust me I grew in downtown Kelowna for years. Started with 2-400 watt lights and a 4x8' storage room grew into a 5-1000 watt 15X15' grow op. I was pulling 1.7lbs per 1000 watt light without any fancy equipment. Its easy.
'I hear and I forget, I see and I remember, I do and I understand' - Confucius
twobits
Guru

Re: yet another grow op

Post by twobits »

Nedroj wrote:Respectfully I dont think you and others know what you're talking about. Yes "Outdoor" weed is not the same quality as "indoor" in most cases but I've smoked some good outdoor and I've smoked bad indoor so anything is possible. But let me break it down for all of you. A human CANNOT mimic the amount of Lumens broadcast naturally by the sun by artificial light. Which is one of three key ingredients to growing any plant. So technically if the temperature is ideal and the plants are fed the ideal amount of nutrients and are also given a higher than usual dosage of CO2 on a daily basis then it is possible for Outdoor to be just as good as indoor.

And let me respectfully say you need to put your bong down once and awhile. I am not a MJ hater. I support this transition in our laws.
I will however call bullchit on your growing knowledge. Read your posting above for lordies sake!! You are supporting the quality of outdoor grown weed while saying that "if you control ideal temperatures" and somehow "give higher than usual doses of CO2" it is possible for outdoor grown weed to be just as good as indoor.
What kind of outdoor setup do you have that can control temperatures and CO2? My lord. Seriously?

theseeker
Fledgling

Post by theseeker »

Well, up in smoke again. Jflem1983 I question your math, at the possible going rate of $7.50 a gram and 28 grams to a ounce and 16 ounces to a pound my calculations come to $3,360.00 a pound, and in my day of growing pot, dope , it was a male and female plant, water and sun and a bit of Miracle grow for my tomatoes and my pot plants,and I would have a plants 6 to 8 feet tall on the coast, and get 1 to 2 pounds and cost under $20 bucks, go figure, so yes, people will grow their 4 plants if Hulk Hogan allows it. Just saying.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

theseeker wrote:Well, up in smoke again. Jflem1983 I question your math, at the possible going rate of $7.50 a gram and 28 grams to a ounce and 16 ounces to a pound my calculations come to $3,360.00 a pound, and in my day of growing pot, dope , it was a male and female plant, water and sun and a bit of Miracle grow for my tomatoes and my pot plants,and I would have a plants 6 to 8 feet tall on the coast, and get 1 to 2 pounds and cost under $20 bucks, go figure, so yes, people will grow their 4 plants if Hulk Hogan allows it. Just saying.

Why pay 7.50 when u can buy for 2.50. I question your math

theseeker
Fledgling

Post by theseeker »

Where do you get the 250?

Return to “South Okanagan”