Barriers going up downtown!

southy
Lord of the Board

Barriers going up downtown!

Post by southy »

I find it very difficult to understand that our city staff cannot investigate, consult and act in a more positive manner to deal with the issues downtown. Penticton is not an isolated case .. I'm sure other towns and cities have found solutions. And probably better solutions than: a/ spending close to $50,000 to get rid of one panhandler.
b/ Build barriers to keep said panhandlers away (cost unknown at this time)
c/ Other costs not disclosed with regard to patrols day and night.
d/ LED lighting to improve visibility … but ONLY in the 100 - 300 blocks … I see this all the
time. Does the city/downtown improvement association not recognize the 400 and 500
blocks? What a joke. What about Ellis, Martin??? Oh yes the downtown revite .. 100 -300
blocks … never mind I get it now! :cuss:

Here is link if you care to read: https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#231328
XT225
Lord of the Board

Re: Barriers going up downtown!

Post by XT225 »

I was also surprised to see these barriers going up. Doubt it will do what they want them to, either. If it does work, it will just drive the folks further up the blocks anyways. Heck, they are already at the Blue Church and "deposit" Pharmacy. I would rather see funds spent on installing decent cameras to find out who is doing the vandalism.

Return to “South Okanagan”