Less trouble downtown ?

W105
Guru

Re: Less trouble downtown ?

Post by W105 »

looking at the pictures of that Winnipeg house...wow...what a slum...

I can't believe that the next door neighbor was the one who had to pay the $3500 bailiff fee...

slumlords like this should be forced to sell if they cannot or will not maintain the property and rent to decent Tenants...

and no, any good Tenant would never rent something like that
soupy
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by soupy »

W105 wrote:looking at the pictures of that Winnipeg house...wow...what a slum...

I can't believe that the next door neighbor was the one who had to pay the $3500 bailiff fee...

slumlords like this should be forced to sell if they cannot or will not maintain the property and rent to decent Tenants...

and no, any good Tenant would never rent something like that

Agreed. Hopefully city inspectors go through this property thoroughly and deliver requirements that MUST be met prior to this property being rented again.
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

soupy wrote:
Agreed. Hopefully city inspectors go through this property thoroughly and deliver requirements that MUST be met prior to this property being rented again.

I hope you are kidding. The only next thing to occupy this site will be workers in hazmat garb and an excavator loading the pieces into end dump bins for the landfill.

And what is this about the neighbour paying the 3500 dollar sheriff bill for eviction?? Any link or proof of that? The City should be paying that bill and adding to the property tax bill for ragjeet or whatever the property owners name was to pay.

I hope the owners of this blight are shunned by the local indo canadian population because many of them are being tainted by this.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
W105
Guru

Post by W105 »

here you go twobits..

https://www.castanet.net/news/Penticton ... eg-evicted

Matt Taylor, the owner of the apartment building next door, paid the $3,500 fee required to have the bailiff at the home. The bailiff was overheard saying, “it's done today,” to Taylor while the eviction was getting underway.
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

Yes, I saw that today and the City should be ashamed that a citizen had to pony up 3500 to get quiet enjoyment of his own property.
In fairness, I also have call shame on the Provincial Govt for the utter failure of the Residential Tenancy Act that does not allow property owners or a City/Municip/RD to trump the regs in the public interest. If there has ever been a better reason for a re evaluation of the whole RTA, I have not seen it.
Dan Ashton......care to take this up as a private member"s Bill?
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

W105
Guru

Post by W105 »

I agree, the City should be ashamed that a neighbor had to pay for their quiet enjoyment and safety of their homes...the City should have just tacked the $3500 on the actual homeowner/slumlord's tax bill...

this homeowner's rental property had the electricity and water cut off awhile ago, had constant complaints about his "tenants" and didn't do a damn thing until he was literally forced to do so...and it was his neighbor that actually paid and made it happen..

this Slumlord knew full well what type of Tenants he was renting too...once the water and power was cut off and he was still receiving rent on the property proves he could careless who he rents to, so long as he gets his rent..
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

Yup, fer sure. Now write a letter to Horgan and Ashton and ask them to please do something to fix the Residential Tenancy Act so action can be taken against problem properties.

coolworx
Fledgling

Post by coolworx »

Maybe we should ask the owners of Smart Shopper if there's less trouble downtown.
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

coolworx wrote:Maybe we should ask the owners of Smart Shopper if there's less trouble downtown.

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#234630

My heart sank this morning when I read this story.
I am not wealthy but I am rich
JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Post by JagXKR »

They said it exactly how it is. The system lets the scumbags back on the street to do the same thing again. There are no real repercussions. The scumbags know this. That's why they continue to steal even when the cops are right there. If they are caught they will be back to do it again right away. Not even a slap on the wrist as that would be assault and we would not want that on these scumbags.
If our head cop would say the same thing I would respect him but I'm surprised he has not blamed the store owners for not doing enough and that it's their fault for leaving their valuables out in the open.
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

JagXKR wrote:They said it exactly how it is. The system lets the scumbags back on the street to do the same thing again. There are no real repercussions. The scumbags know this. That's why they continue to steal even when the cops are right there. If they are caught they will be back to do it again right away. Not even a slap on the wrist as that would be assault and we would not want that on these scumbags.

My wife said exactly the same after I brought this to her attention.
I am not wealthy but I am rich
dogspoiler
Buddha of the Board

Post by dogspoiler »

The law protects the criminals far more than it protects the victims.
Black Dogs Matter
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

JagXKR wrote:They said it exactly how it is. The system lets the scumbags back on the street to do the same thing again. There are no real repercussions. The scumbags know this. That's why they continue to steal even when the cops are right there. If they are caught they will be back to do it again right away. Not even a slap on the wrist as that would be assault and we would not want that on these scumbags.
If our head cop would say the same thing I would respect him but I'm surprised he has not blamed the store owners for not doing enough and that it's their fault for leaving their valuables out in the open.

And that is why the police should be concerned about vigilante justice. People are becoming fed up and the result will not be attractive. We will end up charging people for assault that are only trying to protect their own property and interests while the social justice advocates support the criminals and blame the lack of govt funded support for their need to commit crimes.

coolworx
Fledgling

Post by coolworx »

Is that Penticton Regulators group still active?
And are they accepting new members?
I'm completely fed up with the garbage and the needles and the thievery and the overall scumbaggery.
JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Post by JagXKR »

They stood down pending the results of the new enforcement plan. More catch means more release though.

The story is on inf0tel web site. This forum will not allow me to post a link to their story. I even had to replace the o with an 0 as it keeps bleeping the name. I would post a link to the Castanet story but there is not one. Not the one where they say they are standing down.
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.

Return to “South Okanagan”