Phooey On Buoys LOL Party At The Buoys!

Phooey On Buoys LOL Party At The Buoys!

Postby Hmmm » Sep 7th, 2018, 5:15 am

Hahahahahaaha Who do these people think they are? Putting out buoys and telling people no boats? Hahahahahah. I think now that they did this they will not get a few boats every weekend coming over disturbing their little slice of paradise, but will get many, many boaters going there just to show them they can't claim what is everyone's to be theirs alone. What was the address again? Lolololol Enjoy the parties peeps. https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-story-235866-21-.htm#235866
I thought you said your dog doesn't bite....That's not my dog.
Hmmm
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 1114 posts

Re: Phooey On Buoys LOL Party At The Buoys!

Postby dakoda62 » Sep 7th, 2018, 6:05 am

Cut the mooring lines, throw the bouys on the beach.
dakoda62
Fledgling

Liked in: 139 posts

Postby MCAT » Sep 7th, 2018, 7:18 am

People really need to read the boating regulation especially the markings on buoys. Just because there are buoys, doesn't mean you can't boat past them, there are many types and most on Okanagan Lake are not marked with a diamond with a cross inside, that is the ONLY marking that prohibits navigation past the buoy, all others you are good to pass. Just to give an example, all the buoys around gallatly bay are white with orange strip which are mooring buoys only and have no navigation Whatsoever meaning you are free to boat between them and shore. Know the regulations and boat happy.

kgcayenne likes this post.
MCAT

Liked in: 2 posts

Postby Palliser » Sep 7th, 2018, 7:47 am

I just visited Mission hill's face book page...you can post a comment on their. I did.
Palliser
Fledgling

Liked in: 40 posts

Postby Poindexter » Sep 7th, 2018, 7:53 am

Cool, will save me the effort of dropping an anchor now that I have something to tie up to. :up:

2 people like this post.
Poindexter
Guru

Liked in: 4753 posts

Postby westbankkid » Sep 7th, 2018, 9:32 am

Sure as hell not good PR for Mission Hill. They must be wondering who the IDIOT was who authorized it.
westbankkid
Übergod

Liked in: 491 posts

Postby my5cents » Sep 7th, 2018, 11:23 am

I doubt they understand. When you're entitled you can do what you want.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"

GordonH likes this post.
my5cents
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 1689 posts

Postby weedlover » Sep 7th, 2018, 12:19 pm

Cut them all loose! Also everyone should call Mission Hill and the Mark Anthony group to complain
weedlover

Liked in: 36 posts

Postby alanjh595 » Sep 7th, 2018, 12:44 pm

Isn't committing acts of vandalism and taking matters into their own hands, not only also criminal but acting as a person would act as being "self entitled" would act?
Two wrongs do not make a right. A mature and law abiding person would take their complaint to the governing agency and have them do what they have the power to do legally.

OH.....the irony....
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

Jflem1983 likes this post.
alanjh595
Guru

Liked in: 4746 posts

Postby Darkre » Sep 7th, 2018, 1:09 pm

alanjh595 wrote:Isn't committing acts of vandalism and taking matters into their own hands, not only also criminal but acting as a person would act as being "self entitled" would act?
Two wrongs do not make a right. A mature and law abiding person would take their complaint to the governing agency and have them do what they have the power to do legally.

OH.....the irony....

These buoys could easily be considered a safety hazard for jet ski's or anyone being towed behind a boat and they are spaced way to closely together to be used as anchor buoys. Removing these illegal buoys would be similar to removing a floating piece of debris from the lake for everyone's safety. Now if these buoys were spaced correctly and marked as proper anchor buoys, without the "No Boating" signage, that would be a different story. They wouldn't block access to the bay and would be spaced far enough apart to allow people time to react and avoid them.

I do think having a bunch of people tie up to them every weekend and having a big party is a better idea though. I think this little stunt of theirs will end up causing them more problems than if they had left things alone and just put up with the occasional boat in the bay.

weedlover likes this post.
Darkre
Board Meister

Liked in: 85 posts

Postby alanjh595 » Sep 7th, 2018, 2:45 pm

Darkre wrote:These buoys could easily be considered a safety hazard for jet ski's or anyone being towed behind a boat and they are spaced way to closely together to be used as anchor buoys.
What are your qualifications to make you an expert on this matter? None, therefore it is just your opinion.
Anyone that is passing that close to a rock cliff, either towing a skier or some other toy, is exhibiting reckless behavior and is a danger to themselves and others. Why is it so important that they be allowed to do that, so close to shore and foreign objects in that particular location? Wouldn't it be safer to be 200 feet away? Does somebody have to be killed before safety measures are implemented?

Removing these illegal buoys would be similar to removing a floating piece of debris from the lake for everyone's safety.
The difference is that a "floating piece of debris is not easy to see in the water. These bouys are very easy to see, even under less than ideal lighting conditions. Now if these buoys were spaced correctly and marked as proper anchor buoys, without the "No Boating" signage, that would be a different story. They wouldn't block access to the bay and would be spaced far enough apart to allow people time to react and avoid them. If people can not see and react to them in time, just imagine if they were floating pieces of debris? Debris that any experienced/responsible boater would expect that close to a shoreline.

I do think having a bunch of people tie up to them every weekend and having a big party is a better idea though. I think this little stunt of theirs will end up causing them more problems than if they had left things alone and just put up with the occasional boat in the bay. If it was "just the occasional boat", maybe the buoys would not be required, but because there are multiple boats that cause a ruckus into the wee hours of the morning and disturbing the residents, is a completely different matter. If that ruckus was from a land based residence next door, the residents would have the option to call the police or bylaws for assistance, but since it is waterborne, there is little that can be done except take the extreme measures as they have done.
alanjh595
Guru

Postby weedlover » Sep 7th, 2018, 2:54 pm

Who cares how many boats use this bay! If you don't want to see or hear boats then don't buy waterfront! I suspect you are one of these people that buy lakefront then think you own the lake. If the buoys are there when I go out on my boat I will cut them loose.

alanjh595 wrote:
Darkre wrote:These buoys could easily be considered a safety hazard for jet ski's or anyone being towed behind a boat and they are spaced way to closely together to be used as anchor buoys.
What are your qualifications to make you an expert on this matter? None, therefore it is just your opinion.
Anyone that is passing that close to a rock cliff, either towing a skier or some other toy, is exhibiting reckless behavior and is a danger to themselves and others. Why is it so important that they be allowed to do that, so close to shore and foreign objects in that particular location? Wouldn't it be safer to be 200 feet away? Does somebody have to be killed before safety measures are implemented?

Removing these illegal buoys would be similar to removing a floating piece of debris from the lake for everyone's safety.
The difference is that a "floating piece of debris is not easy to see in the water. These bouys are very easy to see, even under less than ideal lighting conditions. Now if these buoys were spaced correctly and marked as proper anchor buoys, without the "No Boating" signage, that would be a different story. They wouldn't block access to the bay and would be spaced far enough apart to allow people time to react and avoid them. If people can not see and react to them in time, just imagine if they were floating pieces of debris? Debris that any experienced/responsible boater would expect that close to a shoreline.

I do think having a bunch of people tie up to them every weekend and having a big party is a better idea though. I think this little stunt of theirs will end up causing them more problems than if they had left things alone and just put up with the occasional boat in the bay. If it was "just the occasional boat", maybe the buoys would not be required, but because there are multiple boats that cause a ruckus into the wee hours of the morning and disturbing the residents, is a completely different matter. If that ruckus was from a land based residence next door, the residents would have the option to call the police or bylaws for assistance, but since it is waterborne, there is little that can be done except take the extreme measures as they have done.
weedlover

Liked in: 36 posts

Postby MAPearce » Sep 7th, 2018, 3:54 pm

alanjh595 wrote:Isn't committing acts of vandalism and taking matters into their own hands, not only also criminal but acting as a person would act as being "self entitled" would act?

OH.....the irony....

Alan ..... Von Mandle has so much money , it's stupid . He's a good buddy of Truderp so there goes the idea of a governing agency doing anything ...

If he ordered his minions to block the bay , or not , he should know that he just can't go help himself or let his "people" do it . PERIOD .

I'm thinking that because he hasn't ordered a response to medias questions yet , he has no intentions to. He's just going to treat the people like peons and do what he thinks he can because hes rich ...

What an *bleep*..
I payed attention in High school....But not to what they were trying to teach me..

2 people like this post.
MAPearce
Walks on Forum Water

Liked in: 4864 posts

Postby alanjh595 » Sep 7th, 2018, 5:54 pm

weedlover wrote:Who cares how many boats use this bay! If you don't want to see or hear boats then don't buy waterfront! I suspect you are one of these people that buy lakefront then think you own the lake. If the buoys are there when I go out on my boat I will cut them loose.

Then you can expect to be charged criminally and risk have your boat seized and storage fees applied until your case is heard before a judge in about 2 years. Good luck with that.
Is the reward really worth the risk?
alanjh595
Guru

Postby MAPearce » Sep 7th, 2018, 7:47 pm

Then you can expect to be charged criminally and risk have your boat seized and storage fees applied until your case is heard before a judge in about 2 years. Good luck with that.
Is the reward really worth the risk?

You're kidding , right ??

It's the Mark Anthony Group , AKA Anthony Von Mandel , that is breaking the law here by imposing restrictions on water ways that they have NO right to ...

If the law worked the way it is written , ole Tony would have HIS @$$ in a sling ....

And rightfully so .
I payed attention in High school....But not to what they were trying to teach me..

weedlover likes this post.
MAPearce
Walks on Forum Water

Liked in: 4864 posts

Next

Return to South Okanagan