Phooey On Buoys LOL Party At The Buoys!

Re: Phooey On Buoys LOL Party At The Buoys!

Postby totoramona » Sep 13th, 2018, 11:40 am

It seems the most appropriate contact to file a complaint with is:

The Navagation Protection Program, Pacific Region
604-775-8867

Email: [email protected]
totoramona
Board Meister

Liked in: 284 posts

Postby pentona » Nov 9th, 2018, 11:20 am

Transport Canada cleaned up Shuswap Lake; perhaps they will now look at Okanagan Lake and any illegal buoys or docks.

https://www.castanet.net/news/Salmon-Ar ... ys-removed
pentona
Übergod

Liked in: 621 posts

Postby Ken7 » Nov 21st, 2018, 4:56 pm

MCAT wrote:People really need to read the boating regulation especially the markings on buoys. Just because there are buoys, doesn't mean you can't boat past them, there are many types and most on Okanagan Lake are not marked with a diamond with a cross inside, that is the ONLY marking that prohibits navigation past the buoy, all others you are good to pass. Just to give an example, all the buoys around gallatly bay are white with orange strip which are mooring buoys only and have no navigation Whatsoever meaning you are free to boat between them and shore. Know the regulations and boat happy.

Having a buoy with such markings, who actually has the right to place them? I do not believe JOHN DOE can just say, enough is enough no more boats. Purchase ten buoys and cut off access to his beachfront.

I do not believe it works that way.
Ken7
Guru

Liked in: 3089 posts

Postby Ken7 » Nov 21st, 2018, 5:06 pm

alanjh595 wrote:

Then you can expect to be charged criminally and risk have your boat seized and storage fees applied until your case is heard before a judge in about 2 years. Good luck with that.
Is the reward really worth the risk?

Your very own statement as quote
What are your qualifications to make you an expert on this matter? None, therefore it is just your opinion.
Why is it so important that they be allowed to do that, so close to shore and foreign objects in that particular location? Wouldn't it be safer to be 200 feet away? Does somebody have to be killed before safety measures are implemented?

I personally would not suggest cutting them free.

However, tie to them if you like and I don't think there is anything that can be done.
Ken7
Guru

Liked in: 3089 posts

Previous

Return to South Okanagan