Neighbours complained and said 'what’s going on here Airbnb

Re: Neighbours complained and said 'what’s going on here Air

Postby Jingle44 » Dec 13th, 2018, 3:31 pm

twobits wrote:Jingle, I hope the City fines your butt out of the rental market cuz if ya can't supply close enough to code that got you on the City's radar, you are a slumlord.

Slumlord twobits? Hope harder.

Jingle never a slumlord, Jingle is an honest working hard person never shut her mouth when she sees something crook.

Fire and flood cause from people not being careful.

Jingle’s basement suite was built long before she bought the property with different building bylaws and different codes. Jingle did not build anything new on her property after she bought the property other than renovations and repairs. Jinkle paid permit on renovations that profersonal workers made lately on her house. The city record shows Jingle’s basement exited when the house was built by a previous owner and all the building permit requirements were paid back when the house was built.

So the city is now changing code, building bylaw and turn around giving Jingle a ticket pushing Jingle to pay a building permit and sign a building permit agreement the city claimed that the basement suite was built without a building permit. Imagine signing that building permit and what the city can do to Jingle if Jingle decided to pay the city building permit and sign the building permit agreement. Imagine also the city threat to charge Jingle a $450.00 a day if Jingle decide not to pay the city their building permit. What do you call that and for what? Hmmm, look like gambling for something to take from a hard-working woman.
Jingle44

Liked in: 0 post

Postby 2manyfords » Dec 14th, 2018, 9:54 am

Removed
Last edited by TreeGuy on Dec 15th, 2018, 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off Topic

Anonymous123 likes this post.
2manyfords
Fledgling

Liked in: 162 posts

Postby twobits » Dec 14th, 2018, 6:21 pm

Removed
Last edited by TreeGuy on Dec 15th, 2018, 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
twobits
Guru

Liked in: 3320 posts

Postby Jingle44 » Dec 15th, 2018, 8:26 am

Removed
Last edited by TreeGuy on Dec 15th, 2018, 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jingle44

Postby twobits » Dec 15th, 2018, 6:28 pm

Jingle......caveat emptor. You either did not engage a competent realtor or home inspector. The City does not do what you are claiming on hearsay without investigation. I would humbly suggest you make a personal visit to the building inspection department to deescalate your situation.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

twobits
Guru

Postby Jingle44 » Dec 21st, 2018, 11:09 am

twobits wrote:Jingle......caveat emptor. You either did not engage a competent realtor or home inspector. The City does not do what you are claiming on hearsay without investigation. I would humbly suggest you make a personal visit to the building inspection department to deescalate your situation.

twobits, I don't get your point, you keep bringing up realtor talk into this conversation. Are you a Realtor?

Let me point out something; I am the nice property owner who invited the city building inspector to come and check my house because I plan to stay in my house and want to rent part of it out. I want the city to tell me if I can do something to get the plan done and the city betrayed me with punishment on the basement suite they claimed it was built without a building permit. The ugly part of this is if the city really going to put daily charges on me for not paying their building permit and not signing their building permit agreement is something that I will not avoid.

My house has been inspected for safety and been renovated following the inspector's note.
Jingle44

Postby twobits » Dec 21st, 2018, 8:40 pm

Jingle44 wrote:
twobits, I don't get your point, you keep bringing up realtor talk into this conversation. Are you a Realtor?

Let me point out something; I am the nice property owner who invited the city building inspector to come and check my house because I plan to stay in my house and want to rent part of it out. I want the city to tell me if I can do something to get the plan done and the city betrayed me with punishment on the basement suite they claimed it was built without a building permit. The ugly part of this is if the city really going to put daily charges on me for not paying their building permit and not signing their building permit agreement is something that I will not avoid.

My house has been inspected for safety and been renovated following the inspector's note.

If you do not understand that a legal secondary rental suite requires a certain level of code requirement to be met.....then I can not provide any explanation that will satisfy you.
Reluctantly, I would say that your well intentioned participation with the City Building Inspection department is what screwed you and you would have been much better off not drawing attention to yourself just like 90% of illegal suites in the City such as yours. At your risk though cuz if someone were to die because of non compliant facilities.....kiss the rest of your financial life goodbye.
Please do not whine to us here that you bought a home with an illegal suite without being smart enough to find out if it was illegal. The home inspector you engaged inspected the property for what it was zoned for. A single family residence. Not a multiple dwelling unit. That is what you got. Please don't play stupid here.

twobits
Guru

Previous

Return to South Okanagan