Neighbours complained and said 'what’s going on here Airbnb

Re: Neighbours complained and said 'what’s going on here Air

Postby Jingle44 » Dec 13th, 2018, 4:31 pm

twobits wrote:Jingle, I hope the City fines your butt out of the rental market cuz if ya can't supply close enough to code that got you on the City's radar, you are a slumlord.


Slumlord twobits? Hope harder.

Jingle never a slumlord, Jingle is an honest working hard person never shut her mouth when she sees something crook.

Fire and flood cause from people not being careful.

Jingle’s basement suite was built long before she bought the property with different building bylaws and different codes. Jingle did not build anything new on her property after she bought the property other than renovations and repairs. Jinkle paid permit on renovations that profersonal workers made lately on her house. The city record shows Jingle’s basement exited when the house was built by a previous owner and all the building permit requirements were paid back when the house was built.

So the city is now changing code, building bylaw and turn around giving Jingle a ticket pushing Jingle to pay a building permit and sign a building permit agreement the city claimed that the basement suite was built without a building permit. Imagine signing that building permit and what the city can do to Jingle if Jingle decided to pay the city building permit and sign the building permit agreement. Imagine also the city threat to charge Jingle a $450.00 a day if Jingle decide not to pay the city their building permit. What do you call that and for what? Hmmm, look like gambling for something to take from a hard-working woman.
Jingle44
 
Posts: 6
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Nov 23rd, 2018, 1:03 pm

Re: Neighbours complained and said 'what’s going on here Air

Postby 2manyfords » Dec 14th, 2018, 10:54 am

Removed
Last edited by TreeGuy on Dec 15th, 2018, 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off Topic

Anonymous123 likes this post.
2manyfords
Fledgling
 
Posts: 222
Likes: 195 posts
Liked in: 192 posts
Joined: Aug 29th, 2009, 8:22 am

Re: Neighbours complained and said 'what’s going on here Air

Postby twobits » Dec 14th, 2018, 7:21 pm

Removed
Last edited by TreeGuy on Dec 15th, 2018, 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off Topic
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
twobits
Guru
 
Posts: 7022
Likes: 994 posts
Liked in: 3558 posts
Joined: Nov 25th, 2010, 9:44 am
Location: GPS says Dead Elbow Utah. Think I'm lost

Re: Neighbours complained and said 'what’s going on here Air

Postby Jingle44 » Dec 15th, 2018, 9:26 am

Removed
Last edited by TreeGuy on Dec 15th, 2018, 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off Topic
Jingle44
 
Posts: 6
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Nov 23rd, 2018, 1:03 pm

Re: Neighbours complained and said 'what’s going on here Air

Postby twobits » Dec 15th, 2018, 7:28 pm

Jingle......caveat emptor. You either did not engage a competent realtor or home inspector. The City does not do what you are claiming on hearsay without investigation. I would humbly suggest you make a personal visit to the building inspection department to deescalate your situation.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
twobits
Guru
 
Posts: 7022
Likes: 994 posts
Liked in: 3558 posts
Joined: Nov 25th, 2010, 9:44 am
Location: GPS says Dead Elbow Utah. Think I'm lost

Re: Neighbours complained and said 'what’s going on here Air

Postby Jingle44 » Dec 21st, 2018, 12:09 pm

twobits wrote:Jingle......caveat emptor. You either did not engage a competent realtor or home inspector. The City does not do what you are claiming on hearsay without investigation. I would humbly suggest you make a personal visit to the building inspection department to deescalate your situation.


twobits, I don't get your point, you keep bringing up realtor talk into this conversation. Are you a Realtor?

Let me point out something; I am the nice property owner who invited the city building inspector to come and check my house because I plan to stay in my house and want to rent part of it out. I want the city to tell me if I can do something to get the plan done and the city betrayed me with punishment on the basement suite they claimed it was built without a building permit. The ugly part of this is if the city really going to put daily charges on me for not paying their building permit and not signing their building permit agreement is something that I will not avoid.

My house has been inspected for safety and been renovated following the inspector's note.
Jingle44
 
Posts: 6
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Nov 23rd, 2018, 1:03 pm

Re: Neighbours complained and said 'what’s going on here Air

Postby twobits » Dec 21st, 2018, 9:40 pm

Jingle44 wrote:
twobits, I don't get your point, you keep bringing up realtor talk into this conversation. Are you a Realtor?

Let me point out something; I am the nice property owner who invited the city building inspector to come and check my house because I plan to stay in my house and want to rent part of it out. I want the city to tell me if I can do something to get the plan done and the city betrayed me with punishment on the basement suite they claimed it was built without a building permit. The ugly part of this is if the city really going to put daily charges on me for not paying their building permit and not signing their building permit agreement is something that I will not avoid.

My house has been inspected for safety and been renovated following the inspector's note.


If you do not understand that a legal secondary rental suite requires a certain level of code requirement to be met.....then I can not provide any explanation that will satisfy you.
Reluctantly, I would say that your well intentioned participation with the City Building Inspection department is what screwed you and you would have been much better off not drawing attention to yourself just like 90% of illegal suites in the City such as yours. At your risk though cuz if someone were to die because of non compliant facilities.....kiss the rest of your financial life goodbye.
Please do not whine to us here that you bought a home with an illegal suite without being smart enough to find out if it was illegal. The home inspector you engaged inspected the property for what it was zoned for. A single family residence. Not a multiple dwelling unit. That is what you got. Please don't play stupid here.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.

soupy likes this post.
twobits
Guru
 
Posts: 7022
Likes: 994 posts
Liked in: 3558 posts
Joined: Nov 25th, 2010, 9:44 am
Location: GPS says Dead Elbow Utah. Think I'm lost

Re: Neighbours complained and said 'what’s going on here Air

Postby Jingle44 » Feb 13th, 2019, 12:12 pm

Oh please, your action follows who you are and you should be ashamed of charging people with no sense of kindness. I came to our city for help not for you to jump out and charge me unreasonably just like that. I’ve been a landlord since 1994, nobody dies in my care and you are talking nonsense here.

I say that you are just looking to collect a simple life taking my property just like that for your family. Work harder so you can buy your own property. This is my property and if you want it you can always buy it because there is nothing free in our world. People go to jail taking other people’s property with no good investigation. Your drawing shows everything and I think you need bigger glasses to see your drawing well. I will see you on the way.
Jingle44
 
Posts: 6
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Nov 23rd, 2018, 1:03 pm

Re: Neighbours complained and said 'what’s going on here Air

Postby twobits » Feb 13th, 2019, 6:23 pm

Someone needs to get their meds checked.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.

5 people like this post.
twobits
Guru
 
Posts: 7022
Likes: 994 posts
Liked in: 3558 posts
Joined: Nov 25th, 2010, 9:44 am
Location: GPS says Dead Elbow Utah. Think I'm lost

Re: Neighbours complained and said 'what’s going on here Air

Postby Anonymous123 » Feb 13th, 2019, 7:32 pm

Jingle44 wrote:Oh please, your action follows who you are and you should be ashamed of charging people with no sense of kindness. I came to our city for help not for you to jump out and charge me unreasonably just like that. I’ve been a landlord since 1994, nobody dies in my care and you are talking nonsense here.

I say that you are just looking to collect a simple life taking my property just like that for your family. Work harder so you can buy your own property. This is my property and if you want it you can always buy it because there is nothing free in our world. People go to jail taking other people’s property with no good investigation. Your drawing shows everything and I think you need bigger glasses to see your drawing well. I will see you on the way.


What drawing?
We See
We Judge

2 people like this post.
User avatar
Anonymous123
Grand Pooh-bah
 
Posts: 2621
Likes: 2084 posts
Liked in: 1489 posts
Joined: Feb 8th, 2013, 5:02 pm
Location: The fine line between reality and fantasy

Re: Neighbours complained and said 'what’s going on here Air

Postby Bikes » Feb 14th, 2019, 10:29 pm

This is awesome.
Bureaucracies, with their servants, adherents and sycophants are a disease and blight in society. They are an anchor and retardant to progress. Full of people who can't get or keep jobs with accountability so they hide in the collective of mediocrity. They always want more growth of their overreach and oversight. They satisfy their confirmation bias by forcibly getting involved. They influence and direct policy instead of just implementing it because they don't think the people are smart enough to be in charge of their own lives. They feel that without them we would all perish. When the truth is if they didn't have the taxpayers to forcibly suck off of, most would perish in a meritocracy.
We need more individual free markets and less predatory action by the collectivists in govt.
same same since the beginning of time.
It used to be the plebs vs the nobles with govt as the fulcrum. Now the nobles and the govt are one side and it is the plebs on the other.

I hope this dude figures out how to get his money and ignore the bylaws.
he probably gets paid in crypto so it is untraceable.
Bikes
 
Posts: 75
Likes: 34 posts
Liked in: 44 posts
Joined: Apr 1st, 2015, 6:45 pm

Re: Neighbours complained and said 'what’s going on here Air

Postby twobits » Feb 15th, 2019, 7:17 pm

And now we have heard from the "Anarchist Party".
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
twobits
Guru
 
Posts: 7022
Likes: 994 posts
Liked in: 3558 posts
Joined: Nov 25th, 2010, 9:44 am
Location: GPS says Dead Elbow Utah. Think I'm lost

Previous

Return to South Okanagan

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 1 guest