Okanagan Police Force

twobits
Guru

Re: Okanagan Police Force

Post by twobits »

Jflem1983 wrote:Costs a lot to shut down a business. Costs more to start one. POLICE are a business. We get good value for our money now. It will not get better. The laws need to change.

Taxpayers already own the building, equipment, and all vehicles. Then we pay 90% of all operating costs of which 98% are wages and benefits anyway. And we pretty much have diddly squat for say in how that expenditure we paid for our police force to concentrate their efforts on. Don't kid yourself. The Inspector's meetings with our Council are only a courtesy. It is for public consumption only. He/she is under no obligation to do anything our Council asks to be done.
One of the last correct things that Mayor Jak pointed out was his disappointment in the RCMP boss as coming before Council and rather than presenting a plan for property crime plaguing our City was political left wing spew about under funding for social programs.
As right or wrong as he might have been.......that is not his frikken job!! His job is to police the community. When top cops try to become politicians, they need to be removed. But we can't remove him because someone else hired him for us from Ottawa.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
Relentless
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Relentless »

Jflem1983 wrote:Costs a lot to shut down a business. Costs more to start one. POLICE are a business. We get good value for our money now. It will not get better. The laws need to change.

I'm thinking, we really aren't getting too much value from the RCMP.
The RCMP seem to have their own agenda...whatever that is.....

As resident taxpayers, we pay a huge percentage to have the RCMP protect us.
We have a high rate of property crime, and a huge drug/homeless/crime problem.

Many people have given up calling the RCMP about issues because they already know nothing will be done.
The RCMP force and it's members are no where to be found when the streets are full of crime, druggies and craziness.

Everywhere I visit in Kelowna has a serious problem with drivers who are completely crazy, many driving 100 plus kilometers per hour in 50km/hr zones where we live, play and walk, and do so without the thoughts of getting caught.

After midnight most nights, the usual crackheads are out on expensive bicycles scoping out places to steal from, vehicles get broken into, coconuts are in residents yards while we sleep looking to steal whatever isn't bolted down, and if I can see them, then the cops could as well, if there were some cops to actually catch them, if they had an agenda to do so...

The Kelowna RCMP are completely failing to provide proper policing of any kind to the taxpaying residents.
No proper traffic law enforcement, and no patrols to deter property theft.

So we are left with a crime ridden City full of criminals, druggies, and bad drivers who could care less about the good people who are sick of it all.

Now we have basically the same City Council, the ones who really only cares about development, but could care less about health and safety, like they say they do.

Kelowna is a mess, and always will be, with a failing Police force like the RCMP, and a matching City Council full of mostly idiots who have no idea of what really takes place, how could anyone expect anything better?

Good value in the RCMP, absolutely not!
A good City Council...with the exception of a couple....absolutely not!
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Relentless wrote:

I'm thinking, we really aren't getting too much value from the RCMP.
The RCMP seem to have their own agenda...whatever that is.....

As resident taxpayers, we pay a huge percentage to have the RCMP protect us.
We have a high rate of property crime, and a huge drug/homeless/crime problem.

Many people have given up calling the RCMP about issues because they already know nothing will be done.
The RCMP force and it's members are no where to be found when the streets are full of crime, druggies and craziness.

Everywhere I visit in Kelowna has a serious problem with drivers who are completely crazy, many driving 100 plus kilometers per hour in 50km/hr zones where we live, play and walk, and do so without the thoughts of getting caught.

After midnight most nights, the usual crackheads are out on expensive bicycles scoping out places to steal from, vehicles get broken into, coconuts are in residents yards while we sleep looking to steal whatever isn't bolted down, and if I can see them, then the cops could as well, if there were some cops to actually catch them, if they had an agenda to do so...

The Kelowna RCMP are completely failing to provide proper policing of any kind to the taxpaying residents.
No proper traffic law enforcement, and no patrols to deter property theft.

So we are left with a crime ridden City full of criminals, druggies, and bad drivers who could care less about the good people who are sick of it all.

Now we have basically the same City Council, the ones who really only cares about development, but could care less about health and safety, like they say they do.

Kelowna is a mess, and always will be, with a failing Police force like the RCMP, and a matching City Council full of mostly idiots who have no idea of what really takes place, how could anyone expect anything better?

Good value in the RCMP, absolutely not!
A good City Council...with the exception of a couple....absolutely not!

I think you have completely missed what police are for. They are not for protecting the public. Look at the crest. The crown is held high. That is what they care about. Me and you would be serfs. We are to be jailed not looked after.

I support the RCMP. The devil i know is likely better than the devil i dont. Look at Edmonton. Their police are city cops. Some are crooked.

I am not trying to say Kelowna isnt a mess. Not saying the cops could not do more.

You are right. No one bothers to call the cops.

The answers are simple. 2a Canadians need to arm themselves. Neighbourhood watch. Walking patrols.

My neighbourhood has banded together. Lots of target shooters. Axe throwers , carpenters. All tired of the bs . We do patrols now.
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

you patrol with rifles axes and framing hammers ?
Tony
Übergod

Post by Tony »

I'm not sure how it would work. There are many areas in the Okanagan that would be Provincial jurisdiction, as they are between towns. What about areas like Okanagan Falls that isn't incorporated? How does the payment get split up? Where would their Head Office be? Would each town pay it's own officers, or would everyone just throw into a big pot and it would get split up based on population? What about the highways that are not municipal (I know... little redundant on that, but it's a big one) who would patrol them? How far does this go, Salmon Arm (which has a Federal Highway going through it) to Osoyoos? Where would we set up a training facility?

Leave it to the RCMP. They are the best trained police force in the world. I know this because my niece is a member and countries from all over the world send their police in to train with the RCMP.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

LTD wrote:you patrol with rifles axes and framing hammers ?

No. There are many people keeping an eye on my neighborhood though. Some are framers. Some are axe throwers. Some collect rifles . Some have bad *bleep* long range rigs. Have about 50 neighbours on an email list. When there is trouble everyone is together. Exits are sealed up if possible and we try to get the guys. Police have not been any help. So we went a different route. Tour mileage may vary. It has been working here.
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

If it's been working there, what are the conviction rates?
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Fancy wrote:If it's been working there, what are the conviction rates?

Zero BNE or car thefts in several weeks. Not since buddy chased those 2 idiots with the hammer. Word gets round. Skids tell other skids. Ran off another 2 few weeks before. We find em and get em to nove along. Let some other neighborhood deal with it

Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

These are all things anyone could do . We were getting hit every night here for a long time. Took a group approach. Now the whole block is in contact . Ready to help at the drop of a hat. Bristling in fact. It works. Get out. Meet your people. Talk to them. Know your neighbours

Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Moving the problem isn't a solution - it's just someone else's problem. The problem still exists.
JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Post by JagXKR »

And neither has been left wing touchy feely programs that attempt to coddle and understand these poor criminals. We need to give them a hug. Bunch of garbage. And having the chief of police in your town blaming victims is just acid in a wound. Get rid of him.
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.
Relentless
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Relentless »

Fancy wrote:Moving the problem isn't a solution - it's just someone else's problem. The problem still exists.

Yes, the problem will always exist if those elected in our Municipal, Provincial and Federal Governments don't make changes to stop or deter it.
The problems are clear, the solutions need to be made by elected officials, and since none of them are actually doing anything to remedy the situation, it's only going to drive residents to become criminals themselves by defending their neighborhoods and property, because they are sick of it.

Our Police force and Government(s) are failing, and no one will make a move ?
These problems are all across Canada right now, people are sick of druggies and property theft.
Aren't those elected in Government there to represent our best interests?
Apparently Not !
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Opportunities to access education/housing/drug rehabilitation is a start but one needs to also look at the court system and understand why the revolving door. The police can keep arresting but they just can't keep them locked up.
one wheel
Übergod

Post by one wheel »

In a comment in forum from - Tony he says, countries from all over the world send their police to train with the RCMP ?
So does the Canadian Government receive money from those countries for training these people ?

I wonder what the truth is when I read that several communities in the Okanagan Valley are operating with below recommended levels of policing & it's been that way for some time ?

Are there actually RCMP officers trained & ready to fill these positions such as in West Kelowna or is the real problem with funding or is it a shortage of people that can qualify or want the job of working for the RCMP anymore ?

Has our Government found that training police from other countries to be a profitable program & doesn't worry about Canada anymore ?
I wouldn't want to be a police officer working in either a Okanagan Force or the RCMP with our current revolving door system of justice as we have now. Haul 'em in but you have to let 'em go, what a concept.
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

Fancy wrote:Moving the problem isn't a solution - it's just someone else's problem. The problem still exists.

True to a point Fancy but it seems we all may have become too complacent in our own security. I can't find fault with a neighborhood that got proactive to enforce their own property rights.
Perhaps if every neighborhood actually gave a chit, there would be no place for these cockroaches to roam. And to be clear, I am not talking about vigilantism. These cockroaches are crackhead cowards. They run away as soon as they are confronted just the same as a cockroach scurries away when the light is turned on them.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.

Return to “South Okanagan”