Okanagan Police Force

Re: Okanagan Police Force

Postby Jflem1983 » Nov 12th, 2018, 9:01 pm

twobits wrote:
Fancy wrote:Moving the problem isn't a solution - it's just someone else's problem. The problem still exists.

True to a point Fancy but it seems we all may have become too complacent in our own security. I can't find fault with a neighborhood that got proactive to enforce their own property rights.
Perhaps if every neighborhood actually gave a chit, there would be no place for these cockroaches to roam. And to be clear, I am not talking about vigilantism. These cockroaches are crackhead cowards. They run away as soon as they are confronted just the same as a cockroach scurries away when the light is turned on them.

This is true. No one wants to hurt these skids. Just want them to make a living off someone else.
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Jflem1983
Guru

Liked in: 3272 posts

Postby Tony » Nov 13th, 2018, 7:55 am

one wheel wrote:In a comment in forum from - Tony he says, countries from all over the world send their police to train with the RCMP ?
So does the Canadian Government receive money from those countries for training these people ?

I wonder what the truth is when I read that several communities in the Okanagan Valley are operating with below recommended levels of policing & it's been that way for some time ?

Are there actually RCMP officers trained & ready to fill these positions such as in West Kelowna or is the real problem with funding or is it a shortage of people that can qualify or want the job of working for the RCMP anymore ?

Has our Government found that training police from other countries to be a profitable program & doesn't worry about Canada anymore ?
I wouldn't want to be a police officer working in either a Okanagan Force or the RCMP with our current revolving door system of justice as we have now. Haul 'em in but you have to let 'em go, what a concept.

It's probably the RCMP who receive the money, but I promise, they don't do it for free! The prison system and Canadian Border Services sends some people there as well, and they pay.

As far as why we are short on active members - it's funding. If communities want to pay more, then they could get more members. Going to a Municipal Police force would have the same issues. If you put the same money in, you'll get the same results. RCMP aren't pay tons of money for the job they do. I believe that they are underpaid, and if people don't think so, that's fine, you go and put your life on the line every day. They are always recruiting and you too, can go through the 6 months of the most intense training that any police force in the world goes through.
Tony
Übergod

Liked in: 382 posts

Postby twobits » Nov 14th, 2018, 8:02 pm

Jflem1983 wrote:

This is true. No one wants to hurt these skids. Just want them to make a living off someone else.

What is wrong in assuming they should make a living for themselves like the majority of the population. These "skids" are not on crutches or in wheelchairs for lord sake. If they are capable of packing a crowbar to pry open doors and hop fences to evade capture, I am pretty sure they are capable of some kind of employment that meets their physical capacity.
We have very clear differences on the definition of "people in need" and the people that fit my definition do not roam neighborhoods at 3 am with breakin tools that they stash in the bush just outside the property line of the Gov't funded Motel converted suite they sleep in.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.

Jflem1983 likes this post.
twobits
Guru

Liked in: 3558 posts

Postby twobits » Nov 14th, 2018, 8:07 pm

Tony wrote:As far as why we are short on active members - it's funding. If communities want to pay more, then they could get more members.

Tony, we would have more boots on the ground if our budget was not paying for a bunch of the to members to stay at home with full wages and benefits while it takes half a decade to terminate them. Great system.
I say bring on City police. Surrey just appointed a manager to oversee the transition. I can guarantee you that many City's are going to watch this process unfold and even if it costs Surrey 10% more, it will be worth it to gain some control over local policing issues and power over who is running local law enforcement.
It will be a happy day for me when the RCMP only exist in Nunavic and Ollala.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

twobits
Guru

Postby Tony » Nov 15th, 2018, 10:34 am

twobits wrote:
Tony wrote:As far as why we are short on active members - it's funding. If communities want to pay more, then they could get more members.

Tony, we would have more boots on the ground if our budget was not paying for a bunch of the to members to stay at home with full wages and benefits while it takes half a decade to terminate them. Great system.
I say bring on City police. Surrey just appointed a manager to oversee the transition. I can guarantee you that many City's are going to watch this process unfold and even if it costs Surrey 10% more, it will be worth it to gain some control over local policing issues and power over who is running local law enforcement.
It will be a happy day for me when the RCMP only exist in Nunavic and Ollala.

I, for one and in my opinion, am exceptionally proud of the RCMP. OUR budget isn't paying for members to stay home. That comes from a portion of our tax base, true, but we'd be paying that no matter what police force we have. Bear in mind, that the cost of the RCMP is divided across the 31 million people we have in Canada. Bringing in a Municipal Police Force would cost millions, and this thread is about an Okanagan Force, which gets so much more convoluted. The ONLY way we get more boots on the ground is to hire more officers, be them Federal, Provincial or Municipal, that's just logical. How else would you get them? Our Income Tax would not decrease because we are using local police, but our property taxes would. I just had a discussion on a forum with you about having to pay more to use the pool because I live outside of Penticton. Wouldn't this end up being the same? Kelowna would pay more because they have a bigger population, so would they get more police time than Penticton?
Last edited by Tony on Nov 15th, 2018, 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tony
Übergod

Liked in: 382 posts

Postby Jflem1983 » Nov 15th, 2018, 12:50 pm

Here is an example of a poor confused elderly person getting taken for a nasty ride.

This type of crime while funny. Probably is more common than we know.

https://www.castanet.net/news/Kamloops/ ... atest-scam
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Jflem1983
Guru

Postby Fancy » Nov 15th, 2018, 12:56 pm

Jflem1983 wrote:Here is an example of a poor confused elderly person getting taken for a nasty ride.

How is any type of fraud funny? The elderly are constantly being bombarded with all sorts of scams and they have lost substantial amounts. Losing $4,000 can be critical to a senior (or anyone for that matter). There are dedicated officers that investigates these type of crimes. Having a separate police force isn't going to change that.
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Fancy
Grand Pilgrim

Liked in: 7060 posts

Postby Jflem1983 » Nov 15th, 2018, 12:58 pm

Fancy wrote:
Jflem1983 wrote:Here is an example of a poor confused elderly person getting taken for a nasty ride.

How is any type of fraud funny? The elderly are constantly being bombarded with all sorts of scams and they have lost substantial amounts. Losing $4,000 can be critical to a senior (or anyone for that matter). There are dedicated officers that investigates these type of crimes. Having a separate police force isn't going to change that.

Oh it is horrible i agree. Just reading how they did it to themselves with apple cards lol. Ya its pretty funny to think a bank would want apple gift cards. But what do i know.

Jflem1983
Guru

Postby Jflem1983 » Nov 15th, 2018, 1:01 pm

Posted it here cuz its not worth a new thread.

Jflem1983
Guru

Postby Fancy » Nov 15th, 2018, 1:02 pm

No, it's not funny. In fact, it's sad. It's hard to watch people get ripped off because they don't understand what's happening and are far too trusting. Still does not have anything to do with a new police force.
Fancy
Grand Pilgrim

Postby Jflem1983 » Nov 15th, 2018, 1:14 pm

Fancy wrote:No, it's not funny. In fact, it's sad. It's hard to watch people get ripped off because they don't understand what's happening and are far too trusting. Still does not have anything to do with a new police force.

Trusting amd stupid are different

Jflem1983
Guru

Postby Fancy » Nov 15th, 2018, 2:07 pm

You want this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=52026

Fancy
Grand Pilgrim

Postby twobits » Nov 15th, 2018, 6:33 pm

Jflem1983 wrote:
Trusting amd stupid are different

I agree. We are stupid if we continue with the RCMP model of law enforcement costs and local input to policing policy directives being controlled by a command center on the other side of the country.
Just trust us they say.
How does Nelson BC....population what....12k.....manage to have it's own community police force for decades and no one in Nelson BC is asking for the RCMP to take over??
No one can argue with RCMP economies of scale but it is sure easy to argue with the level of service and lack of local accountability.

twobits
Guru

Postby Chessman » Nov 17th, 2018, 8:16 pm

I am very disappointed in the actions of the RCMP in the Okanagan. Community after community is having issues with crime and safety concerns for its citizens and while the RCMP continues to deploy substantial resources to highway speed traps. I drove to Vancouver last week on a sunny day and there was no less than 8 speed traps on Hwy 1 from Hope to the Port Mann bridge with at least 20 officers involved. Same occurrences happen in the Valley every week while break and enter crimes are at an all time high in Penticton, Kelowna and Vernon and the RCMP almost is saving nothing ( or very little ) we can do about it . That is unacceptable. If the RCMP does not start focusing more of its efforts on the priorities of local communities they will have fewer and fewer communities to serve and more Municipalities and Cities will move to local , regional or provincial police forces.
COME ON RCMP you are supposed to be the gold standard for law enforcement.
I’m not on the Forum to debate, I don’t engage with cretins and there is nothing you can do about a sub 80 IQ.
Chessman

Liked in: 32 posts

Postby Jflem1983 » Nov 17th, 2018, 8:21 pm

Chessman wrote:I am very disappointed in the actions of the RCMP in the Okanagan. Community after community is having issues with crime and safety concerns for its citizens and while the RCMP continues to deploy substantial resources to highway speed traps. I drove to Vancouver last week on a sunny day and there was no less than 8 speed traps on Hwy 1 from Hope to the Port Mann bridge with at least 20 officers involved. Same occurrences happen in the Valley every week while break and enter crimes are at an all time high in Penticton, Kelowna and Vernon and the RCMP almost is saving nothing ( or very little ) we can do about it . That is unacceptable. If the RCMP does not start focusing more of its efforts on the priorities of local communities they will have fewer and fewer communities to serve and more Municipalities and Cities will move to local , regional or provincial police forces.
COME ON RCMP you are supposed to be the gold standard for law enforcement.

Cops are to protect banks . The crown. Any politicians or ruling class. They are not to protect serfs. This has been laid out in court

Jflem1983
Guru

PreviousNext

Return to South Okanagan