Mom Run Over By Friend

Mom Run Over By Friend

Postby Mark1111 » Jan 7th, 2019, 11:49 am

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#246089

How drunk do you have to be to not notice you ran over a body? Very sad for her.
If you want to test a man's character, give him power.
A. Lincoln
Mark1111
Fledgling
 
Posts: 324
Likes: 120 posts
Liked in: 319 posts
Joined: May 3rd, 2008, 10:22 am
Location: Kelowna

Re: Mom Run Over By Friend

Postby kgcayenne » Jan 7th, 2019, 12:03 pm

Someone needs to invent a timed safe in which to put keys at a party. Alcohol makes people far too stupid.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
User avatar
kgcayenne
Walks on Forum Water
 
Posts: 13327
Likes: 1980 posts
Liked in: 4107 posts
Joined: Aug 10th, 2005, 6:35 pm
Location: West Kelowna

Re: Mom Run Over By Friend

Postby OKkayak » Jan 7th, 2019, 12:41 pm

kgcayenne wrote:Alcohol makes people far too stupid.

Alcohol can make some people stupid. This is one of those cases. And yet others drink the same alcohol, night after night and not have any lack of judgement. It's a people problem, not an alcohol problem.

common_sense_guy likes this post.
User avatar
OKkayak
Übergod
 
Posts: 1823
Likes: 1527 posts
Liked in: 1832 posts
Joined: May 14th, 2018, 11:10 pm

Re: Mom Run Over By Friend

Postby soupy » Jan 7th, 2019, 12:55 pm

Good to see there is a GoFundme already started ... :thumbsdown:

ICBC / driver's insurance / lawsuit will cover expenses.

4 people like this post.
soupy
Board Meister
 
Posts: 656
Likes: 1224 posts
Liked in: 589 posts
Joined: May 14th, 2006, 10:31 pm

Re: Mom Run Over By Friend

Postby Fancy » Jan 7th, 2019, 12:56 pm

After the fact though - right?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
User avatar
Fancy
Grand Pilgrim
 
Posts: 47962
Likes: 1349 posts
Liked in: 7074 posts
Joined: Apr 15th, 2006, 6:23 pm

Re: Mom Run Over By Friend

Postby W105 » Jan 7th, 2019, 1:00 pm

can't understand the "considering" pressing charges against the driver ?? she knows who ran her over, she knows he was intoxicated and he came back to see what he had done..

nothing to consider in my opinion..seems pretty black and white to me..

OllyV likes this post.
W105
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 3970
Likes: 1692 posts
Liked in: 3698 posts
Joined: Apr 20th, 2012, 8:46 am

Re: Mom Run Over By Friend

Postby RVThereYet » Jan 7th, 2019, 1:02 pm

soupy wrote:Good to see there is a GoFundme already started ... :thumbsdown:

ICBC / driver's insurance / lawsuit will cover expenses.


Don't like it, don't donate, simple. I've seen far less worthy GFM causes ...

OKkayak likes this post.
User avatar
RVThereYet
Generalissimo Postalot
 
Posts: 711
Likes: 239 posts
Liked in: 582 posts
Joined: Nov 1st, 2011, 12:10 pm
Location: Mars

Re: Mom Run Over By Friend

Postby OKkayak » Jan 7th, 2019, 1:06 pm

W105 wrote:can't understand the "considering" pressing charges against the driver ?? she knows who ran her over, she knows he was intoxicated and he came back to see what he had done..

nothing to consider in my opinion..seems pretty black and white to me..

Investigators don't simply take one persons word as the truth.

common_sense_guy likes this post.
User avatar
OKkayak
Übergod
 
Posts: 1823
Likes: 1527 posts
Liked in: 1832 posts
Joined: May 14th, 2018, 11:10 pm

Re: Mom Run Over By Friend

Postby Fancy » Jan 7th, 2019, 1:07 pm

W105 wrote:can't understand the "considering" pressing charges against the driver ?? she knows who ran her over, she knows he was intoxicated and he came back to see what he had done..

nothing to consider in my opinion..seems pretty black and white to me..

That's the media talking. There would be an investigation conducted before charges are laid.
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
User avatar
Fancy
Grand Pilgrim
 
Posts: 47962
Likes: 1349 posts
Liked in: 7074 posts
Joined: Apr 15th, 2006, 6:23 pm

Re: Mom Run Over By Friend

Postby kgcayenne » Jan 7th, 2019, 1:15 pm

It’s a horrible situation. What if the authorities still view it as a criminal offence?
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
User avatar
kgcayenne
Walks on Forum Water
 
Posts: 13327
Likes: 1980 posts
Liked in: 4107 posts
Joined: Aug 10th, 2005, 6:35 pm
Location: West Kelowna

Re: Mom Run Over By Friend

Postby Fancy » Jan 7th, 2019, 1:22 pm

Oh I assume there will be criminal charges. Fines, possible jail time, losing licence, installation of the ignition locking thingamajig, mandatory participation in a driving course. And of course she could sue him for damages.
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat

gcooper likes this post.
User avatar
Fancy
Grand Pilgrim
 
Posts: 47962
Likes: 1349 posts
Liked in: 7074 posts
Joined: Apr 15th, 2006, 6:23 pm

Re: Mom Run Over By Friend

Postby soupy » Jan 7th, 2019, 1:37 pm

Fancy wrote:Oh I assume there will be criminal charges. Fines, possible jail time, losing licence, installation of the ignition locking thingamajig, mandatory participation in a driving course. And of course she could sue him for damages.


The he counter sues saying he was invited to a party, provided free liquor and not provided with a safe ride home.

TreeGuy likes this post.
soupy
Board Meister
 
Posts: 656
Likes: 1224 posts
Liked in: 589 posts
Joined: May 14th, 2006, 10:31 pm

Re: Mom Run Over By Friend

Postby soupy » Jan 7th, 2019, 1:41 pm

RVThereYet wrote:
soupy wrote:Good to see there is a GoFundme already started ... :thumbsdown:

ICBC / driver's insurance / lawsuit will cover expenses.


Don't like it, don't donate, simple. I've seen far less worthy GFM causes ...


I'd just honestly like the media to stop posting DIRECT links to the GoFundme.
My chiropractic benefits are fairly low through work, can I get a media source to advertize a GoFundme link that will get thousands of views?
soupy
Board Meister
 
Posts: 656
Likes: 1224 posts
Liked in: 589 posts
Joined: May 14th, 2006, 10:31 pm

Re: Mom Run Over By Friend

Postby Fancy » Jan 7th, 2019, 1:43 pm

Tell the media then. There's nothing wrong with co-worker starting a GoFundMe to help with expenses in the interim.
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
User avatar
Fancy
Grand Pilgrim
 
Posts: 47962
Likes: 1349 posts
Liked in: 7074 posts
Joined: Apr 15th, 2006, 6:23 pm

Re: Mom Run Over By Friend

Postby LTD » Jan 7th, 2019, 1:43 pm

soupy wrote:
Fancy wrote:Oh I assume there will be criminal charges. Fines, possible jail time, losing licence, installation of the ignition locking thingamajig, mandatory participation in a driving course. And of course she could sue him for damages.


The he counter sues saying he was invited to a party, provided free liquor and not provided with a safe ride home.

seems like you have really thought this through
LTD
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 4207
Likes: 2940 posts
Liked in: 3341 posts
Joined: Mar 31st, 2010, 3:34 pm

Next

Return to South Okanagan

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 2 guests