Wrong contractor for the slide repair job?

Urban Cowboy
Guru

Re: Wrong contractor for the slide repair job?

Post by Urban Cowboy »

motorhomebabe wrote:Wow! all the years my husband was in highway construction ,This is the first time I have ever seen a company publically gripe about not getting a contract.

I suspect T&A will be getting recognition, for this public shaming of a competitor, just not the kind he's hoping for.
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

Anosa wrote:
LTD wrote:considering the letter is from another contractor who is clearly unhappy about not getting the job I would take it with a grain of salt, its also pretty poor on that contractors part to be publicly shaming other contractors because they didn't get the job, suck it up that kind of crying wont get you hired on the next one either

I believe the issue has very little to do with the contractor not getting the call for the contract, but rather a company that has no experience in a niche market being awarded a job that is funded by taxpayers' money. That's the issue. Why should numerous experienced contractors in the area have to follow a certain process set out by the Ministry of Transportation while an inexperienced contractor gets to skip line? To my knowledge these jobs are paid hourly so they are essentially being paid to learn how to stabilize a slope at the expense of taxpayers...not to mention the lengthy delays as a result of inexperience. This isn't a general construction job, this is a job requiring specialty expertise and qualifications. If the contractor dealing with the slide wants to get into the drilling and blasting industry then maybe take on a contract that isn't funded by taxpayers to learn the ropes. Just a thought.

Got any proof to substantiate that claim, or are you just a T&A troll?

You're coming off as the latter, just in case you want to know, particularly given that it appears as though, you only signed up to post in this topic. Huge red flag for me.
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
christopher
Board Meister

Post by christopher »

Why should numerous experienced contractors in the area have to follow a certain process set out by the Ministry of Transportation.

that says it all
elemke

Post by elemke »

The Peachland slide two years ago ended up costing $1 million. It was tiny compared to this one.
gman313
Lord of the Board

Post by gman313 »

elemke wrote:The Peachland slide two years ago ended up costing $1 million. It was tiny compared to this one.

Curious the District of Peachland pay for that or was it all provincial?
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

Urban Cowboy wrote:
motorhomebabe wrote:Wow! all the years my husband was in highway construction ,This is the first time I have ever seen a company publically gripe about not getting a contract.

I suspect T&A will be getting recognition, for this public shaming of a competitor, just not the kind he's hoping for.

A company cannot just work for the Ministry all willy-nilly like---even in an emergency. This goes for all the sub-contractors enlisted by the original contract holder. There is also a process for notifying when bringing in a sub.

T & A... the branding fits right in with the tone/intent of the letter, mmm hmmmm.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
elemke

Post by elemke »

gman313 wrote:
elemke wrote:The Peachland slide two years ago ended up costing $1 million. It was tiny compared to this one.

Curious the District of Peachland pay for that or was it all provincial?

Peachland had to pay for all the costs, except the Province had some material that we had access to. Staggering costs for a small community!
gman313
Lord of the Board

Post by gman313 »

elemke wrote:
Peachland had to pay for all the costs, except the Province had some material that we had access to. Staggering costs for a small community!

No kidding! I could have looked it up myself but I was lazy! Thank-you :) You and the team at the District do a great job!

Return to “South Okanagan”