4 Dead in shooting spree

Nooby
Übergod

Re: 4 Dead in shooting spree

Post by Nooby »

Even worse is the local paper's latest announcing the name of the suspect (not sure if I'm allowed to post the link here). What the h*** does the guy's salary at the time he retired have to do with this??? :-X
OllyV
Board Meister

Post by OllyV »

Two white male shooters in as many days in our region and all we hear about is immigrants being a threat.

When are we going to address the real epidemic in North America which is the angry white male?

It is so frustrating that we vilify immigrants while acting like this isn't the real threat to stability in our society. We need to call it what it is so we can begin addressing it face on. We need to quit excusing it as simply a mental health issue while calling anyone with dark pigmentation gangsters or terrorists.
I'd like to thank God for making me an atheist.
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

Even Steven wrote:Four people dead over some neighbor dispute? Holy *bleep*.

That's what i fear when i see somebody raging online labour their neighbors doing something trivial.

Friend of mine who lives down there, just told me it was about a tree on victims own property that he cut down, caused the neighbor to go berserk. :200:

What a stupid thing to kill people over.
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Post by JagXKR »

sixxonesixx wrote:I think inept was the omission of a few extra words and making excuses for writing those words.
"police were happy the way it ended"? instead of"police were glad it happened" period. Quite obvious the reporter didn't finish his sentence. This is a very sensitive time for many people and it is quite obvious that there is no room for error/sensationalism from a junior reporter. Are you glad it happened? The police are not... I'm not on here to clap and say hello. I'm here to correct a sensitive blunder. Article was informative but to STATE anyone was just "glad it happened." is just wrong. Can you say semantics? Lets be clear and concise.
just sayin... I won't argue this anymore as there is nothing to argue. Flail your arms and go hard.

As has been said to you, you are clearly inept.
The wording is what has you upset? WOW. Get a grip.
Glad you are done we don't need this kind of faux outrage due to grammar. :-X :thumbsdown:
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.
Rider59
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Rider59 »

JagXKR wrote:
As has been said to you, you are clearly inept.
The wording is what has you upset? WOW. Get a grip.
Glad you are done we don't need this kind of faux outrage due to grammar. :-X :thumbsdown:

That seems like a common practice around here. Must be something in the water.
Fast, Good or Cheap. Pick Two
Symbonite
Lord of the Board

Post by Symbonite »

I wonder why the police does not release the names of the victims.

its like all we know is the killers name and almost like everyone will know his name like a celebrity...but to the unamed victims no one can actually morn the actual faceless/innocent victims.

I can say more about this to add to what I said..but people will jump all over me for being heartless.
**Disclaimer: The above statement is in my OPINION only.
W105
Guru

Post by W105 »

the Penticton Herald released the name of the first victim and what the reason was that started the dispute...I posted it on page one...

Penticton shooting victims were gunman's former neighbours

A “dark day” in Penticton that saw four people gunned down may have begun with a dispute between neighbours, says the wife of one of the victims.

10:30 a.m. outside a duplex on Lakeview Street where he was doing maintenance work for a friend who owned the building.

The shooter then drove about 10 minutes to Cornwall Drive, where his estranged wife and the Winters lived, and killed three more people there.

Winter’s wife, Renate, said she shares a property line — and frosty relationship — with the suspect’s estranged wife.

“We cut a tree down in our yard and she had a fit, so any time we did anything she had a fit, so we don’t talk to her,” said Renate.

“She called the cops because my husband was putting rocks in between our properties, and maybe his big toe went on her property

http://www.pentictonherald.ca/news/arti ... fc24f.html
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Hopefully this as :cuss: hole is charged with 4 counts of premeditated murder.
In a prefect world he would receive 25 years each & serve them consecutively.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
W105
Guru

Post by W105 »

so do I Gordon..1st degree murder because it was obviously very premeditated...just insane that an educated 60 yr old man could crack like this..and what can one do if you're dealing with a neighbor from hell ??

call the Police and or Bylaw and it most likely just makes it worse...
RupertBear
Übergod

Post by RupertBear »

GordonH wrote:Hopefully this as :cuss: hole is charged with 4 counts of premeditated murder.
In a prefect world he would receive 25 years each & serve them consecutively.

He has been charged with three counts of first-degree murder and one count of second-degree murder. If convicted, it's safe to say he'll be put away for awhile.
One of the stories did say he left his job with the city due to "illness". Could it be of the mental-health variety? If so, it might be a building block for his defence.
"Do the best with what you know, and when you know better, do better." -- Maya Angelou
OllyV
Board Meister

Post by OllyV »

Symbonite wrote:I wonder why the police does not release the names of the victims.

its like all we know is the killers name and almost like everyone will know his name like a celebrity...but to the unamed victims no one can actually morn the actual faceless/innocent victims.

I can say more about this to add to what I said..but people will jump all over me for being heartless.

The police don't release the names of the victims pending notification of relatives.

The press releases them because they don't care if people find out about the death of a loved one via a news release.

One group is displaying compassion while the other only cares about clicks.
I'd like to thank God for making me an atheist.
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

It's weird a 60yr old guy goes off like this without some history of violence or something.
Not that it changes anything but maybe he legitimately went berserk.
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

Symbonite wrote:I wonder why the police does not release the names of the victims.

I realize normally that's how it goes but if the victims aren't part of a crime that got them killed, I'm not sure who it serves to release names unless families want them released.
Maybe I'm missing something
Symbonite
Lord of the Board

Post by Symbonite »

well i did see that he is 68...and if he has an illness...if its mental health..ya like someone said...that could be a defense...if its something else...maybe he may rely asnd the Jail system and taxpayers to pay for his illnesses...

As for a guy just snapping like this? I dont know be it does remind me of this movie.

**Disclaimer: The above statement is in my OPINION only.
candicewalker

Post by candicewalker »

Didn't the family ask that the deceased loved one's names NOT BE RELEASED?? You go and look up land titles and in the same article that mentions the family wishes you post the individual's names?? How dare you!

Return to “South Okanagan”