Beaten on beach "trying to do the right thing"....

soupy
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Beaten on beach "trying to do the right thing"....

Post by soupy »

southy wrote:Ask any high school student if they know the name of this individual. He, his brother and his group are very well known for going out and kicking the *bleep* out of undeserving people. Just a couple weeks ago, students were having a party up Wiltse and this group shows up and boot stomps the head of a student. Kid was in serious condition and ended up in the hospital. The police know who they are. I will probably be labelled for saying this, but unfortunately it is the truth. They are from across the channel. Restorative Justice my *bleep*! Something needs to be done before someone dies.

Were there no charges in this fight? I havent heard anything about it.
southy
Lord of the Board

Post by southy »

Not that I know. Apparently kids told police who did it, but, yadda yadda yadda yadda … restorative justice ya know.
Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Post by Anonymous123 »

soupy wrote:
southy wrote:Ask any high school student if they know the name of this individual. He, his brother and his group are very well known for going out and kicking the *bleep* out of undeserving people. Just a couple weeks ago, students were having a party up Wiltse and this group shows up and boot stomps the head of a student. Kid was in serious condition and ended up in the hospital. The police know who they are. I will probably be labelled for saying this, but unfortunately it is the truth. They are from across the channel. Restorative Justice my *bleep*! Something needs to be done before someone dies.

Were there no charges in this fight? I havent heard anything about it.

https://www.castanet.net/news/Penticton/255677/Skull-fractured-by-stranger

That's when one of the men punched Eliason in the face. Thomas Kruger-Allen, 21, was charged Monday in connection with the incident, facing counts of aggravated assault, sexual assault and two counts of common assault. Kruger Allen has a history of violent offences, and remains behind bars.
Be careful when you follow the masses.
Sometimes the M is silent
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Sounds like the one assault a couple of weeks ago was a different altercation and happened to a student. I haven't heard anything about that one.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
soupy
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by soupy »

Fancy wrote:Sounds like the one assault a couple of weeks ago was a different altercation and happened to a student. I haven't heard anything about that one.

Yeah the comment about the altercation with the student 2 weeks ago is what caught my attention.
Seems strange that didn't make the news.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

I'm going to assume the student knows there could be retribution and wasn't cooperative for that reason. Not all assaults get in the media.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
soupy
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by soupy »

Quite sad situation.

Sounds like the person who committed the assault should be one who sits a cell for a long long time.

Unfortunately I won't be surprised if we read the name in the news again for a similar assault soon enough.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

you can count on it
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
cr125
Board Meister

Post by cr125 »

liisgo
Lord of the Board

Post by liisgo »

I grew up also in penticton. We had many "run in's" with groups from that side of the channel. They were always looking for a fight and then fight as dirty as they get. The police never could touch them.
They have a lot of hatred and racism over the white people. Its been that way for decades and I imagine many other communities. It never gets acknowledged or talked about and that will not change.
"If I find out who's been running this country for the last 8.5 yrs into the ground, there will be hell to pay",,,,,,,,,Prime Minister Justin Trudeau.
southy
Lord of the Board

Post by southy »

You are so correct. And it's the "police couldn't touch them" part that angers me. Police know who these guys are and what they do, I simply cannot understand why they can't arrest and charge. These gangs are bad dudes and hurt innocent people. They target and attack. Their idea of a fun weekend. My belief is it starts at the top … parents, chief, former chief (I mean hell … Stewart Phillip is still spouting off about how badly his people are treated - never a positive word always the victim) These youth growing up being instilled with that attitude will act out and they are. No accountability. No responsibility. No remorse. A very dangerous group. I was once involved in a restorative justice session and all I can say is what a *bleep* joke. The perpetrators (youth) and parents sat there totally uninterested in what was happening. Not once did any of them truly accept responsibility or say sorry to the victim. Also it is my opinion that the RCMP prefer victims go the RJ route because it lets them off the hook. They don't even have to appear. The entire process is wrong.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

southy wrote:You are so correct. And it's the "police couldn't touch them" part that angers me. Police know who these guys are and what they do, I simply cannot understand why they can't arrest and charge. These gangs are bad dudes and hurt innocent people. They target and attack. Their idea of a fun weekend. My belief is it starts at the top … parents, chief, former chief (I mean hell … Stewart Phillip is still spouting off about how badly his people are treated - never a positive word always the victim) These youth growing up being instilled with that attitude will act out and they are. No accountability. No responsibility. No remorse. A very dangerous group. I was once involved in a restorative justice session and all I can say is what a *bleep* joke. The perpetrators (youth) and parents sat there totally uninterested in what was happening. Not once did any of them truly accept responsibility or say sorry to the victim. Also it is my opinion that the RCMP prefer victims go the RJ route because it lets them off the hook. They don't even have to appear. The entire process is wrong.

i have sad this for years restorative justice is a complete joke,its just another way to keep them out of jail
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

southy wrote:You are so correct. And it's the "police couldn't touch them" part that angers me. Police know who these guys are and what they do, I simply cannot understand why they can't arrest and charge. These gangs are bad dudes and hurt innocent people. They target and attack. Their idea of a fun weekend. My belief is it starts at the top … parents, chief, former chief (I mean hell … Stewart Phillip is still spouting off about how badly his people are treated - never a positive word always the victim) These youth growing up being instilled with that attitude will act out and they are. No accountability. No responsibility. No remorse. A very dangerous group. I was once involved in a restorative justice session and all I can say is what a *bleep* joke. The perpetrators (youth) and parents sat there totally uninterested in what was happening. Not once did any of them truly accept responsibility or say sorry to the victim. Also it is my opinion that the RCMP prefer victims go the RJ route because it lets them off the hook. They don't even have to appear. The entire process is wrong.

I agree. Too many, adult and child alike, are stuck looking at “honesty” from a point of what they can get away with, not what is truly right or wrong. Until they can figure that out for themselves there can be no helping them. Even when caught and punished they will continue to see their problems as “somebody else’s fault”, taking responsibility for their own actions never even enters their mind. Sadly, if the message can’t get through then removing them from society is the only option and that just perpetuates the issue as they are unlikely to learn much in prison where they are surrounded by people while suffer from the same twisted thinking. Vicious circle.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
liisgo
Lord of the Board

Post by liisgo »

Lets start calling it for what it is. "Racism". That will draw attention to the issue.
This group is attacking, beating, and intentionally going out to attack, hurt, white people.
Through hatred that has been ingrained with in them.
So guess its, RACISM, right in penticton. Horrible.
Plaster the news with it as RACISM, exactly like happens when one single incident happens to any other race.
We are so quick to label Racism in our country, so here is an example of complete, disgusting, hatred driven RACISM.
Horrible Racist attack these individuals did.
(did I call it Racist???)
"If I find out who's been running this country for the last 8.5 yrs into the ground, there will be hell to pay",,,,,,,,,Prime Minister Justin Trudeau.
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

This kind of crapp goes on every day across the country. Violence being levelled at unassuming Caucasians by indigenous people just because they are white.

All you need do is read the local papers or know folks from these areas to hear the stories.

In the US, it's whites who do this to black folk and the black folk, in a lot of cases, fight back.

Here, you can't fight back because the system is tilted toward being empathetic to the indigenous and any overt act of violence toward them, no matter the reason, results in cries of racism and prejudice.

What I don't understand is the extremists who cry about the disproportionate number of indigenous people populating our jails when it seems that very few are ever prosecuted as in this case. But that statement in and of itself can't be true because we are told that there is an overabundance of natives in jail?

What that says is, if you think there's a lot of them in there now, can you imagine what it would be like if all the deserving native criminals were prosecuted and jailed irrespective of their heritage? In other words, if they were treated like the rest of us?

The justice system, as it exist today is not equipped to effectively deal with the issue of crime and aboriginal people because whenever the system supports punishment, or in the case of Gerald Stanley, non punishment for what the native population deemed to be an overt act of racism and murder, they lose.

If the decision is incarceration, Gladu comes up. That same consideration doesn't apply to non-aboriginal people though as if to deny that a bad or violent upbringing can't affect the actions of anyone who is not aboriginal.

Because of the history we have with indigenous people here in Canada, the default position in seemingly a lot of cases is to turn a blind eye or to offer an overabundance of sympathy toward aboriginal criminals most likely out of concern over backlash if the appropriate punishment were to be applied.

These asssholes should be locked up period and be branded as repeat violent offenders. The fact that they are natives is irrelevant and should not in any way be a consideration when being tried and sentenced.

I don't think that the aboriginals believe in restorative justice because if they did, this wouldn't happen.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition

Return to “South Okanagan”