Close All Borders

fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Re: Close All Borders

Post by fluffy »

OKkayak wrote:No reason not to travel as long as you take simple precautions.

That's the meat of it right there, taking proper precautions. These days it's enough of a risk just going to Safeway with all the people who think there is nothing going on worth worrying about.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Post by OKkayak »

fluffy wrote:These days it's enough of a risk just going to Safeway with all the people who think there is nothing going on worth worrying about.

Not really, if you see people not taking appropriate measures, just stay away from them.
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

Jimbop wrote:Well Captain, or is it Admiral now? I think you need to do your research on Covid. You think it's ok to vacation if precautions are taken? Like what, wearing a mask, gloves, pocket full of sanitizer? I personally would not risk that for my family. Drive by the beaches. Packed! Lots, and I mean lots of red and white plates. Don't see anyone taking precautions there. Maybe a stay at home vacation for a year, or at least until Covid is under control.

We live in one of the largest and most stunningly beautiful Countries on the planet. Why would you think that "vacation" needs to be synonymous with crowds.
Personally most of our best vacay's ever have been to where there are no big crowds and those there are of like mind to ourselves. Works great and have made long term friendships in the process. I would humbly suggest you try to expand your circle of reference when you consider your time off. I think you will be surprised and also pleased at the new things you can continuously find.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

Yup, the BS whining shut down. Amazing what happens when one confronts the radical clueless that suddenly developed a stutter

removed
Last edited by Catsumi on Aug 17th, 2020, 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Making it personal
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
Jimbop

Post by Jimbop »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Aug 18th, 2020, 7:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Making it personal
vegas1500
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by vegas1500 »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Aug 18th, 2020, 7:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Response to removed post.
Richadio
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Richadio »

Talk about a petty post. Don't see anything posted regarding plates from Sask., Man., Ont., or Que. for that matter.
If they want to travel to our province and drop their wad of cash here into our retail, let them.

The ones you really should be concerned about are the vehicles travelling through communities far from the Alaska route which include Texas, California, Washington, Idaho, Montana. I have witnessed these plates driving through my region travelling in the wrong direction to be heading to Alaska. How they are getting over the border makes you wonder.

If you're one of the ones continually posting that you have health issues and don't want to get sick, then you should be the one staying at home, it's simple.
FREEDOM's don't come from a vaccine, PRIVILEGE's do.
The TRUTH never denies EXAMINATION.
Replacement migration = White genocide.
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Post by OKkayak »

Richadio wrote:The ones you really should be concerned about are the vehicles travelling through communities far from the Alaska route which include Texas, California, Washington, Idaho, Montana. I have witnessed these plates driving through my region travelling in the wrong direction to be heading to Alaska. How they are getting over the border makes you wonder.

Who says they're heading to Alaska? There are several other legitimate reasons for them to be here.
Laurie-cvglass

Post by Laurie-cvglass »

I am rather mystified by the reaction to closing borders within Canada. When in all of our history of living on this planet, have all the countries closed down their lives, borders and jobs; To rid the planet of any kind of pandemic? What diseases have been obliterated by closing down anything? Why is the government deciding who gets to stay open and who doesn't? Why are we letting the government put us in a position to fail, and lose all our livelihoods. Less then .03% of the population here and in USA have had or have the disease.
Every year many thousands of people get the flu, do we shut down all our boarders?
We need to get back to living before there are no jobs to go to. We need to let our country open their borders, and allow families to see each other again.
Masks will not save you and neither will closing the borders.
The media makes it sound like we are one step away from the whole planet is about to die at any given moment. How many of your personal friends or anyone that you know have had this disease?
JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Post by JagXKR »

https://calgaryherald.com/news/local-ne ... g-to-banff

A Kentucky man could face a fine of up to $750,000 or six months in jail for allegedly violating a quarantine order in the Alberta Rockies in late June.

John Pennington, 40, was initially given a $1,200 ticket on June 25 after staff at a Banff hotel called the RCMP saying they believed the United States citizen was violating the Alberta Public Health Act during the COVID-19 pandemic.

The very next day.....

“They located Mr. Pennington up on Sulphur Mountain. As a result of him again allegedly being in violation of the quarantine through his travels, there was some consultation with a quarantine officer in Calgary and the decision was made to charge Mr. Pennington under the federal Quarantine Act,” Keibel said.
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.
Richadio
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Richadio »

OKkayak wrote:
Richadio wrote:The ones you really should be concerned about are the vehicles travelling through communities far from the Alaska route which include Texas, California, Washington, Idaho, Montana. I have witnessed these plates driving through my region travelling in the wrong direction to be heading to Alaska. How they are getting over the border makes you wonder.

Who says they're heading to Alaska? There are several other legitimate reasons for them to be here.

And what would those reasons be? I would hardly say that they are working here when the vehicles are carrying families.
It does not appear that any of them are doing commerce or transporting goods. Interesting to know these reasons.
Richadio
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Richadio »

Laurie-cvglass wrote:I am rather mystified by the reaction to closing borders within Canada. When in all of our history of living on this planet, have all the countries closed down their lives, borders and jobs; To rid the planet of any kind of pandemic? What diseases have been obliterated by closing down anything? Why is the government deciding who gets to stay open and who doesn't? Why are we letting the government put us in a position to fail, and lose all our livelihoods. Less then .03% of the population here and in USA have had or have the disease.
Every year many thousands of people get the flu, do we shut down all our boarders?
We need to get back to living before there are no jobs to go to. We need to let our country open their borders, and allow families to see each other again.
The media makes it sound like we are one step away from the whole planet is about to die at any given moment. How many of your personal friends or anyone that you know have had this disease?

In BC, 4825 infected = 0.095 % of population
-3845 recovered
= 980 still infected = 0.019 %
200 deaths account for 0.0039 % mortality

MSM fear mongering has you thinking it's larger than it is.
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

Laurie-cvglass wrote:I am rather mystified by the reaction to closing borders within Canada. When in all of our history of living on this planet, have all the countries closed down their lives, borders and jobs; To rid the planet of any kind of pandemic? What diseases have been obliterated by closing down anything? Why is the government deciding who gets to stay open and who doesn't? Why are we letting the government put us in a position to fail, and lose all our livelihoods. Less then .03% of the population here and in USA have had or have the disease.

Well, actually there are 328.2 million people in the US and 5.59 million have caught the virus, which makes it around 1.70% have caught the disease.

With your rational,,, auto theft... in Canada the most recent stats I could find was 2017. 85,000 cars stolen, 34.3 million cars registered. So the theft rate is only .25% (actually .2478%). So we shouldn't be locking our vehicles, correct ?
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
typhoon44
Übergod

Post by typhoon44 »

More BAD MATH ALERT.
In Canada there are 124,099 cases with 9060 deaths for an 8% mortality rate.
"This parachute has slowed my descent. Clearly I never needed this parachute so I should remove it".

or blame MSM.
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Post by OKkayak »

Richadio wrote:And what would those reasons be? I would hardly say that they are working here when the vehicles are carrying families. It does not appear that any of them are doing commerce or transporting goods. Interesting to know these reasons.

Why not check CBSA website? All the info is there. Having to repeat the same info over and over again is getting quite old.

Return to “South Okanagan”