RPAL & PAL licencee murders 4 people in Penticton

honeymuffins
Fledgling

RPAL & PAL licencee murders 4 people in Penticton

Post by honeymuffins »

https://www.castanet.net/news/Penticton/313300/Quadruple-murderer-killed-to-end-feud-between-ex-wife-and-her-neighbours#313300

An example of why PAL & RPAL holders need annual mental health assessments:

https://www.castanet.net/news/Penticton ... urs#313300

"After years of hearing Katherine complain about being picked on by her neighbours, Brittain told police he “snapped” when he saw Rudi Winter across from his home and realized he had the means to stop the harassment."

"He grabbed his .303 rifle and walked across the street, called out to Winter, whose back was turned, and shot him in the back as he turned. Brittain shot him three more times in the back while he was on the ground, with a final shot into the head."

"After taking a .357 magnum from his trunk, he knocked on the garage door of the home of Susan and Barry Wonch at 2400 Cornwall. They opened the garage, and Brittain walked inside and shot Barry and then Susan twice each—both second shots were to the head."

"Brittain then walked next door to the home of Darlene Knippleberg, 75, at 2386 Cornwall. She opened the door and Brittain shot her once in the body and then in her head as she was on the ground."

Only a matter of time before this happens in Kelowna. Too many RPALs driving around with restricted weapons and thousands of bullets.
Last edited by honeymuffins on Oct 15th, 2020, 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: RPAL & PAL licensee murders 4 people in Penticton

Post by GordonH »

impo this murderer should be getting 4 consecutive life sentences (4 x 25 years = 100).
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
vegas1500
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by vegas1500 »

GordonH wrote:impo this murderer should be getting 4 consecutive life sentences (4 x 25 years = 100).

Either way he’s never seeing freedom again.....
JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Post by JagXKR »

honeymuffins wrote:Only a matter of time before this happens in Kelowna. Too many RPALs driving around with restricted weapons and thousands of bullets.

The causality of your rant is flawed. Considering that 99.99.....% of RPAL or PAL do not commit these crimes is proof.
In fact it is proof that almost every single RPAL and PAL citizens, save a tiny few, are not murderers.
More people are killed by drunk drivers. So using your flawed assessment, there are too many drivers with licenses driving around. So I guess we should get rid of all drivers licenses due to the ones that kill while impaired?
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.
honeymuffins
Fledgling

Re: RPAL & PAL licencee murders 4 people in Penticton

Post by honeymuffins »

Last edited by honeymuffins on Oct 15th, 2020, 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
typhoon44
Übergod

Post by typhoon44 »

JagXKR wrote:
honeymuffins wrote:Only a matter of time before this happens in Kelowna. Too many RPALs driving around with restricted weapons and thousands of bullets.

The causality of your rant is flawed. Considering that 99.99.....% of RPAL or PAL do not commit these crimes is proof.
In fact it is proof that almost every single RPAL and PAL citizens, save a tiny few, are not murderers.
More people are killed by drunk drivers. So using your flawed assessment, there are too many drivers with licenses driving around. So I guess we should get rid of all drivers licenses due to the ones that kill while impaired?

Actually the existence of one PAL holder committing murder is enough to take away all your toys.
Someone always ruins it.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

typhoon44 wrote:Actually the existence of one PAL holder committing murder is enough to take away all your toys.
Someone always ruins it.

It has happened, firearms haven't been taken away and I wouldn't consider firearms to be "toys".
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

honeymuffins wrote:An example of why PAL & RPAL holders need annual mental health assessments:

I am totally offended you believe I "need annual mental health assessments"

You do not know me, you have no idea as to what firearms I own, store as per regulations, how much ammunition I have, nor what the purpose of my firearms are for.

I have taken the PAL course delivered by an excellent instructor in Penticton, had the RCMP do a back ground check, had my wife sign off and for all I know, friends contacted.
Your anti gun stance is irksome to say the least. Better to join MADD in my opinion.
I am not wealthy but I am rich
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

honeymuffins wrote:RPAL & PAL licencee murders 4 people in Penticton.

I must have missed the reference to the handguns used - link?
darkaengel

Post by darkaengel »

I mean, it's totally possible... But did they disclose somewhere that he was currently holding a valid PAL? I missed that if so.

and is your RPAL assumption because the other caliber was .357, that it had to be a pistol? was info on that actually released?

the .303 is an old surplus rifle from the late 1800s and lever action 357s exist from the same era... PALS came into existence in 1995... prior to that we had the FAC system and before 1977 we had nothing at all... and the murderer was 70 or so?

whatever the firearms were it could very well be that they were acquired previous to any licensing system, or from within it more recently...
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

honeymuffins wrote:Another stand up RPAL holder

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ek5dEhCIrs&feature=youtu.be

How is this "another" if it's the same person under discussion?
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

I am shattered and devastated for what I have done,' said John Brittain, 69

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british- ... -1.5763505
Irrelevnt really. Nothing he can say or do can make amends for what he did.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Fun fact: Legal gun owners actually commit fewer homicides per capita than non-gun owners.

https://justiceforgunowners.ca/are-pal- ... murderers/
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

The way Brittain was going he easily could have used another weapon.
honeymuffins
Fledgling

Post by honeymuffins »

Fancy wrote:How is this "another" if it's the same person under discussion?

There was just this responsible gun owner in the news not long ago:

https://forums.castanet.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=86473

Everyone speaks on how safe RPAL holders are but the deaths continue to happen.

Return to “South Okanagan”