Off-leash dogs disrespectful

DoDo1975
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Off-leash dogs disrespectful

Post by DoDo1975 »

JagXKR wrote: Jul 5th, 2021, 10:57 am
How about the City of Penticton?
This is from their website and the map clearly shows the city boundary and the PIB land beside the channel.
https://open.penticton.ca/documents/4d8 ... b8/explore
or
https://open.penticton.ca/documents/3cf ... ef/explore
This doesn't really help.

It clearly shows that it is not PIB IR land and also that it is not city land. Maybe it is RDOS? Their mapping system is also unclear.Or because it is a river it might be BC Crown land?
JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Post by JagXKR »

It is clear. Look at the bottom right corner for the legend. The color that says PIB is the same for the entire length of the west side of the channel. It is also the same color as the oxbows on the east side of the channel which are PIB land. One north of Warren and the other north of Skaha Lake Rd. It shows that Red Wing is PIB land, which is correct. The area in the industrial park which is also PIB.
How can it not be clear?
Also, the map was updated June 10th 2021.
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

Talk about flogging a dead horse. For the brain dead......absolutely every inch of land to the west of the navigable waters of the waterway identified as the "penticton river channel" is in fact designated lands belongings to the PIB. Further to that, those boundaries also include lands that are west of the original oxbow channel from the trickle ditch flowing through Sudbury beach at Skaha Lake all the way North to the Industrial Ave confluence of Ellis Creek at the Industrial Rd intersection with HWY 97.
It is FN land and people better get used to that reality.
Those campgrounds across from Skaha Lake Rd Sudbury Beach........they are FN lands leased from FN Locatee owners.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
DoDo1975
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by DoDo1975 »

I am going to keep flogging it because no actual evidence has been put forward. All maps from all government entities that I can find (CoP, RDOS, BC, Canada) clearly show the majority of the trail as non PIB land.

Jag, zoom in on the same map you linked and you will see why its not clear. The delineation for the PIB IR is to the west of the trail. I have included this for clarity.

So there is lots of evidence saying its not part of the IR. There are a few condescending folks on here edumacating us, but they seem to have nothing to stand on. Just the fact that they know more than others.

Now, they may be right, but if so the PIB has control over this somehow outside of the IR system. I think it is a good question to find a real answer to.

TB, Thanks for your quarter, but it's worthless.
Attachments
Jagzoom.JPG
Canada Lands 1.JPG
Canada Lands 2.JPG
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

^^^^ the red lines are what I understand is the boundary from PIB and Penticton. The red lines inside the red lines are locatee owned land.
For me, I will walk my dogs off leash at the north end after crossing the dam. The boundary to me( map) is the fence line behind the red Wing residents.

North of Fairview and Green Mt. road, there is a fence that corresponds with the red line on the map.

Works for me.

Like Trump, because they say it is, does not mean it is. Change the maps and I'll move my opinion.
I am not wealthy but I am rich
JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Post by JagXKR »

twobits wrote: Jul 5th, 2021, 5:22 pm Talk about flogging a dead horse. For the brain dead......absolutely every inch of land to the west of the navigable waters of the waterway identified as the "penticton river channel" is in fact designated lands belongings to the PIB. Further to that, those boundaries also include lands that are west of the original oxbow channel from the trickle ditch flowing through Sudbury beach at Skaha Lake all the way North to the Industrial Ave confluence of Ellis Creek at the Industrial Rd intersection with HWY 97.
It is FN land and people better get used to that reality.
Those campgrounds across from Skaha Lake Rd Sudbury Beach........they are FN lands leased from FN Locatee owners.
100% correct on where the PIB land is located. I remember talking to the only Chief I respected, Jonathan Kruger, and asking about the channel pathway. It was indeed 100% on their land and he would have loved to see it developed with cooperation from the city. Alas he didn't last long enough to complete his vision. Done in by the Philip clan.
DoDo1975
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by DoDo1975 »

JagXKR wrote: Jul 5th, 2021, 7:42 pm
100% correct on where the PIB land is located. I remember talking to the only Chief I respected, Jonathan Kruger, and asking about the channel pathway. It was indeed 100% on their land and he would have loved to see it developed with cooperation from the city. Alas he didn't last long enough to complete his vision. Done in by the Philip clan.
I must say I am jealous that you can be 100% confident in something you heard 3rd hand from someone and I can only be 90% sure of an official government surveyed map layer.

I wish I had your kind of faith in what I think is true!
JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Post by JagXKR »

DoDo1975 wrote: Jul 5th, 2021, 7:51 pm I must say I am jealous that you can be 100% confident in something you heard 3rd hand from someone and I can only be 90% sure of an official government surveyed map layer.

I wish I had your kind of faith in what I think is true!
WT :cuss: ?!
3rd hand? I talked with the Chief of the PIB! No 3rd hand, first hand.
He doesn't know where his lands are?
You are looking at a map that was done via the internet and you are confident in that?
Outrageous.
You are wrong and you are using the internet and maps with disclaimers. It is not accurate.
DoDo1975
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by DoDo1975 »

JagXKR wrote: Jul 5th, 2021, 9:43 pm
WT :cuss: ?!
3rd hand? I talked with the Chief of the PIB! No 3rd hand, first hand.
He doesn't know where his lands are?
You are looking at a map that was done via the internet and you are confident in that?
Outrageous.
You are wrong and you are using the internet and maps with disclaimers. It is not accurate.
The maps are not wrong. It is not a coincidence that all different government organizations have maps showing the parcels the same way. They are not maps btw, they are GIS layers based on legal land surveys.

It is fairly likely that most of the trail is not part of the IR. Whether or not some PIB controlled private entity owns that land fee simple is unknown here but it is not (or at very least historically has not been) part of PIB #1.

The former chief is no different than any other guy. Good guy or not, he did not do the survey. He heard it from someone, supposedly told it to you and you are passing on to us. That is third hand for sure. Likely more than that because the former chief probably didn't get that info directly from the surveyor. I am pretty sure your mayor can not tell you every land parcel delineation line in town so why you expect the former chief to be the authority on land parcels is beyond me.

Now if you can tell me that land was owned by x and was transferred fee simple to some band controlled entity in year y, then maybe you have some reasonable case. *removed*
Last edited by ferri on Jul 6th, 2021, 6:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Making it personal
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

Stay on topic and stop making this personal. Discuss the topic, not each other.
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

My lord??? The reserve lands are clearly defined. GIS overlay maps are grossly inaccurate. Just google your own residential property and see how inaccurate those overlay lines really are.
I actually find it stunning that there still remains a few holdouts that do not understand and believe that all lands west of not only the dredged Penticton Okanagan Channel but also AS WELL AS ALL LANDS TO THE WEST OF THE ORIGINAL OXBOW NATURAL WATERCOURSE.........are PIB designated reserve lands.
Get off of Google Maps. If you are actually interested in real truth, pony up about 25 shekels and request a legal printout of property lines from a legal legit land titles Service Provider that will show you that what you are presenting as fact is actually....and appropriately.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

DoDo1975
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by DoDo1975 »

twobits wrote: Jul 7th, 2021, 3:22 pm My lord??? The reserve lands are clearly defined. GIS overlay maps are grossly inaccurate. Just google your own residential property and see how inaccurate those overlay lines really are.
I actually find it stunning that there still remains a few holdouts that do not understand and believe that all lands west of not only the dredged Penticton Okanagan Channel but also AS WELL AS ALL LANDS TO THE WEST OF THE ORIGINAL OXBOW NATURAL WATERCOURSE.........are PIB designated reserve lands.
Get off of Google Maps. If you are actually interested in real truth, pony up about 25 shekels and request a legal printout of property lines from a legal legit land titles Service Provider that will show you that what you are presenting as fact is actually....and appropriately.
You are the only one presenting anything as fact. I have merely pointed out that the Canada Lands SURVEY layer (not google maps) clearly shows the band lands going right to the waterline a hundred meters or so south of the bridge, but being on the west side of the path north of that. In the 80's it was common knowledge that that path was not PIB land. Note, this is in a GIS program, not google earth. You can google that if you want. They look pretty darn accurate to me.

The fact that it was common knowledge that that part of the trail was not PIB, the legal land surveys from the federal government says its not PIB, RDOS, CoP, BC Government says its not PIB sort of sways me to believing it is not PIB without having to pay 25 bucks and thats good enough for me. It certainly trumps two Castanetters just telling me they know it's true.

Go onto the RDOS map viewer yourself and then come back on and explain why it clearly shows the path on Reserve Land at the south end of the channel and a very purposeful and distinct change in the line at the aforementioned point? This is not due to gross inaccuracy.
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

I believe in the 80's the junior JC'S ? were responsible for the original paving of the path on the west side of the channel.
Next time I see a fellow that was involved, I'll ask him.
I am not wealthy but I am rich
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Jan 11th, 2024, 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Making it personal

DoDo1975
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by DoDo1975 »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Jan 11th, 2024, 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Response to removed post.

Return to “South Okanagan”