Smoke

nucksRnum1
Lord of the Board

Re: Smoke

Post by nucksRnum1 »

Ya. It was weird that it was so overcast because of smoke and yet so hot. Like heavy heat - almost oppressive.
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

The Air Quality Index for the Okanagan is off the scale at the nasty end.

https://www.env.gov.bc.ca/epd/bcairqual ... table.html

I haven't felt anything personally until later in the day yesterday and this morning, my eyes are irritated.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

I don’t need to be anywhere today, I’m giving my lungs a break and staying indoors.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

I suspect those recovering from covid who had lungs infected are probably having a hell of a time with this smoke.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
65deluxe
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by 65deluxe »

GordonH wrote: Aug 2nd, 2021, 8:52 am I suspect those recovering from covid who had lungs infected are probably having a hell of a time with this smoke.
I'll guarantee there are A LOT more people with copd suffering through this then there are people who have been effected by covid.
"The most powerful governments in the world can't solve homelessness.
But they can change the earths temperature if you pay more taxes."
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

GordonH wrote: Aug 2nd, 2021, 8:52 am I suspect those recovering from covid who had lungs infected are probably having a hell of a time with this smoke.
65deluxe wrote: Aug 2nd, 2021, 10:09 am I'll guarantee there are A LOT more people with copd suffering through this then there are people who have been effected by covid.
You are aware covid attack the respiratory system.
JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Post by JagXKR »

I do agree with the COPD statement as I know people with it including relatives that have it or had it prior to passing on.
Breathing during smoky skies, like we currently have, was very difficult. Even indoors.
They couldn't go outside at all. COPD has been around a long long time. People have suffered for decades during smoke season.
https://www.cdc.gov/air/wildfire-smoke/ ... itions.htm
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

JagXKR wrote: Aug 2nd, 2021, 10:26 am I do agree with the COPD statement as I know people with it including relatives that have it or had it prior to passing on.
Breathing during smoky skies, like we currently have, was very difficult. Even indoors.
They couldn't go outside at all. COPD has been around a long long time. People have suffered for decades during smoke season.
In no way I’m I disagreeing with COPD, I just added this new group to it.
JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Post by JagXKR »

South Okanagan has no official AQHI. It is an estimate
https://www.env.gov.bc.ca/epd/bcairqual ... h_Okanagan
AQHI values for South Okanagan will be unavailable until a new permanent air quality monitoring station is established in the South Okanagan.
Directs you to this page for 2.5 μg/m3.
https://www.env.gov.bc.ca/epd/bcairqual ... id=E317390
Earlier this spring/summer this station was offline. :swear:
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

Clearest day in a while, even some blue sky. Might even get some mail today.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

It was clear, blue and a few fluffy (sorry fluffy) clouds going by for awhile but now I smell smoke and see it moving back in. So it's just a fresh batch I guess. :P

snapshot.jpg
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

And if the smoke in our faces wasn't enough, now it's ruining our wine. Smoke residue settling on grapes and vines is said to be capable of affecting the taste of the wine producing, imparting a flavour akin to a wet ashtray or dirty socks.

https://www.winetraveler.com/wine-makin ... -analysis/
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

ferri wrote: Aug 3rd, 2021, 7:12 am It was clear, blue and a few fluffy (sorry fluffy) clouds going by for awhile but now I smell smoke and see it moving back in. So it's just a fresh batch I guess.
#@$%&**!!
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

fluffy wrote: Aug 3rd, 2021, 7:15 am
ferri wrote: Aug 3rd, 2021, 7:12 am It was clear, blue and a few fluffy (sorry fluffy) clouds going by for awhile but now I smell smoke and see it moving back in. So it's just a fresh batch I guess.
#@$%&**!!
^^X2.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

I got mail !!

Return to “South Okanagan”