Good old days are going to be back!

twobits
Guru

Re: Good old days are going to be back!

Post by twobits »

Queen K wrote: Dec 13th, 2021, 7:32 pm Apologize over a prediction? :135:

It was a prediction. Anyone reading a prediction over the internet and became alarmed and overbought brown beans should be ashamed of themselves. I'm only "senior" here because I refuse to get a life eslewhere, unlike other who have moved on since 2007 [icon_lol2.gif]

Oh and "queen" refers to a female cat I had named Keesa, hence QK, nothing to do with royalty.

I even said somewhere or other here in the forums that I am agog at the impressive speed everything has been done at. So what are you all knot about? that you were right?

:135:
I think it is pretty clear that I confirmed you were unnecessarily alarming people with nothing more than your own speculation. It was not a prediction you made nor did you even add a "IMHO" to your prediction. You know didly squat about hwy construction yet you made a statement as if it was a situation to be alarmed about and factual when all it really was was a complete Henny Penny. And a Henny Penny that caused many to panic when there should have been none.
Thanks your armchair Hwy construction expertise........there are now 200 households with four months of toilet paper and another 200 households wiping their butts with the neighbors shrubbery.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I think I've made it clear that absolutely no one was alarmed by a guess-estimation by someone who was guessing. I guess guessing isn't your thing but it was a guess.

About the TP shortage, that's Drip_Torches fault. If he hadn't loaded up his F150 at Costco, maybe Ethel's shrubbery would be safe.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Drip_Torch
Guru

Post by Drip_Torch »

Queen K wrote: Dec 14th, 2021, 5:57 pm I think I've made it clear that absolutely no one was alarmed by a guess-estimation by someone who was guessing. I guess guessing isn't your thing but it was a guess.

About the TP shortage, that's Drip_Torches fault. If he hadn't loaded up his F150 at Costco, maybe Ethel's shrubbery would be safe.
Blame the game, not the player.
Drip Torch - an upright and steadfast keeper of the flame, but when tilted sideways the contents spill and then our destiny is in the wind...
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

twobits wrote: Nov 21st, 2021, 3:33 pm
Queen K wrote: Nov 20th, 2021, 11:57 pm Oh I have experience with that route, it is not for any faint of heart.

Yes, it's a long drive around but now necessary again. I hope the merchants make the best of it because the Coq is coming back within a year or two. Depends entirely how much Winter damage it sustains after this flood event of the century.
No way it will take a "year or two" for the Coke to be passable again. The main major issue is the one bridge infrastructure washout. A Baily Bridge will be up and running at least two way single lane in both directions within months while the opposing lane crossing is rebuilt. It is far too important a route for the Govt to wait for sunshine weather.
Besides that, HWY 1 will reopen sooner than the Coke so you won't have to torture yourself going thru Pemberton route.
BC civil engineers in road construction are some of the most sought after road building talent in the world given our topography.
And hats off to the BC Civil engineers. They've pulled off a major feat under difficult circumstances. Personally I have no reason to travel but here it is for the transport trucks. Alas Penticton's moment of toxic positivity glory is over, from truckers anyways. Of course you were right Two-Bits. :D

Here's the goods ripped right off the BC Infrastructure and Transport facebook page:

COMMERCIAL DRIVERS: WHAT TO EXPECT ON THE COQ: 🚛🚌🚐
When the Coquihalla (Hwy 5) opens on Monday (time to be determined):
➡️ Commercial traffic (including inter-city buses) from 11,794 kg up to 64,000 kg will be allowed
➡️ There will be increased chain-up requirements, CVSE enforcement, winter maintenance and monitoring.
➡️ Speeds are reduced in areas -- 60 km/h where there is only one lane in each direction; 100 km/h otherwise (the variable speed limit signs are not in service).
➡️ It will take about 45 minutes longer to drive the route (in ideal conditions).
➡️ Cell coverage is reduced.
➡️ Oversize Permit Restrictions: https://www.cvse.ca/.../Notice-07-21-Oversize...
BC Hydro is working hard to restore power along the route, but won't be done by Monday. Until power is restored:
➡️ Lighting in the snow sheds, at brake checks and chain-up areas is limited (generators supplying power).
➡️ Portable toilets will be available, but not the full-service washrooms.
➡️ Four DriveBC webcams will offer views (11 cameras with a total of 22 views are affected by the power outage.)
⭐ PLEASE DRIVE WITH CARE AND CAUTION⭐
➡️ Repairs are temporary; plans for permanent repairs are underway.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
ol goat
Fledgling

Post by ol goat »

My prediction for the coq is
Open Monday morning
Closed at about noon due to vehicle incident
Reopen at 2:30 pm
Closed again at 8:30 pm due to multiple vehicle incident
Reopen Tuesday morning
I truly hope that I’m wrong but watching the drivers on hwy 3 and 5A one can only hope that everyone behaves
You only get one chance to use TODAY wisely otherwise it becomes yesterday and it’s gone
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

It might open Tuesday given how much snow dumped down in Kelowna last night. :up:

Return to “South Okanagan”