Ask Tracy Van Raes how many times she's showed up for school board meetings

mediaman18

Ask Tracy Van Raes how many times she's showed up for school board meetings

Post by mediaman18 »

Someone should pick up the phone and ask Tracy Van Raes how many meetings she's attended because I know she's only attended just a handful of meetings this year and planning on running for council.

show up for work every day or meetings, then you get a raise or promotion.

"No Show Tracy Van Raes"

told castanet to run a story and hopefully a reporter will ask tough questions
soupy
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Ask Tracy Van Raes how many times she's showed up for school board meetings

Post by soupy »

Bring back the "like" button.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

mediaman18 wrote: Apr 20th, 2022, 2:13 pm Someone should pick up the phone and ask Tracy Van Raes how many meetings she's attended because I know she's only attended just a handful of meetings this year and planning on running for council.
So what did she say when you called?

There should be a minimum number of meetings mandatory or you lose the position.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
pentona
Übergod

Post by pentona »

I think some clarification might be required here, before anyone hangs her out to dry. I don't know her at all, but perhaps, perhaps she attended via Zoom? There was/is a covid situation going on and many many council meetings (and likely School board) ones were held over the internet. She deserves a fair trial. [icon_lol2.gif]
soupy
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by soupy »

pentona wrote: Apr 20th, 2022, 9:13 pm I think some clarification might be required here, before anyone hangs her out to dry. I don't know her at all, but perhaps, perhaps she attended via Zoom? There was/is a covid situation going on and many many council meetings (and likely School board) ones were held over the internet. She deserves a fair trial. [icon_lol2.gif]
Valid point. I think Mediaman18 might be trying to spread some #fakenews

https://www.sd67.bc.ca/apps/pages/index ... ID=1374515

https://www.sd67.bc.ca/apps/pages/index ... ID=1374518

Looks like she only missed a few meetings.
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

Playing DA here but to the point "looks like she only missed a few meetings", I would question why that is OK? When you run for "office" so to speak be it a strata council or municipal all the way up to MLAs and MPs, you shouldn't be missing meetings. It's what you signed on for and you have a responsibility to participate.

You can't treat it as though attendance is optional as so many of our public figures seem to do.

In the corporate world, if one were to miss work like many seem to miss meetings, you would be out of a job.

If this person, and I don't know who she is and don't really care, attended via Zoom, then good on her. If she in fact missed numerous meetings for whatever personal reasons she may have, she should step aside and let someone who is prepared to do justice to the role step in.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
soupy
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by soupy »

mexi cali wrote: Apr 21st, 2022, 8:47 am Playing DA here but to the point "looks like she only missed a few meetings", I would question why that is OK? When you run for "office" so to speak be it a strata council or municipal all the way up to MLAs and MPs, you shouldn't be missing meetings. It's what you signed on for and you have a responsibility to participate.

You can't treat it as though attendance is optional as so many of our public figures seem to do.

In the corporate world, if one were to miss work like many seem to miss meetings, you would be out of a job.

If this person, and I don't know who she is and don't really care, attended via Zoom, then good on her. If she in fact missed numerous meetings for whatever personal reasons she may have, she should step aside and let someone who is prepared to do justice to the role step in.
I get it. But I was pointing out that I believe mediaman18 exaggerated quite a bit.
I have monthly meetings at work, but guess what, sometimes other duties / personal reasons get in the way and I am not able to attend all. Advanced warning, as well as meeting minutes keep everyone in the loop.
We cannot speculate why someone may have missed a few meetings in this case, as it could be a number of scenarios. Maybe irresponsibility, maybe tending to an emergency.
I was just posting attendance to actually add clarity to the situation, as mediaman18 did not provide evidence that is easily available with a quick search.
Tero
Board Meister

Post by Tero »

mediaman18 wrote: Apr 20th, 2022, 2:13 pm Someone should pick up the phone and ask Tracy Van Raes how many meetings she's attended because I know she's only attended just a handful of meetings this year and planning on running for council.

"No Show Tracy Van Raes"

I attend every single School Board meeting. Tracy is in attendance at every single one. Feel free to read the minutes posted to the SD67 website.

What a stupid post.
soupy
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by soupy »

Tero wrote: May 4th, 2022, 9:11 am

"No Show Tracy Van Raes"

I attend every single School Board meeting. Tracy is in attendance at every single one. Feel free to read the minutes posted to the SD67 website.

What a stupid post.
They were linked to already. Hence why i called Mediaman18 (Aka James Miller or his friend) #fakenews
Tero
Board Meister

Post by Tero »

soupy wrote: May 4th, 2022, 9:43 am
Tero wrote: May 4th, 2022, 9:11 am

What a stupid post.
They were linked to already. Hence why i called Mediaman18 (Aka James Miller or his friend) #fakenews
Why is James Miller down on TVR?
soupy
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by soupy »

Tero wrote: May 4th, 2022, 11:13 am
Why is James Miller down on TVR?
Not sure if he is. But based on the this previous thread I assumed "Mediaman18" was Miller, or a close friend.

viewtopic.php?f=110&t=91090

Return to “South Okanagan”