Bobbitt is back in the news

my5cents
Guru

Bobbitt is back in the news

Post by my5cents »

Well Bobbitt is back in the news. In March 2015 he was sentenced to an indeterminate term for being a dangerous offender.
https://www.castanet.net/news/Penticton ... role-again
The media is reporting that he was turned down for parole. What they are missing is the story.

It was determined by experts that he likely would never be suitable for release, but he applied in 2018, 2020, and now in 2022 for release.

What about the victim being re-victimized every two years ?

Every two years, the gift of victimization that keeps giving.
Last edited by my5cents on Jul 22nd, 2022, 1:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Re: Bobbitt is back in the news

Post by Catsumi »

^^^That’s the gift of re-giving pain as practiced by our insane judicial system. Why is this allowed to happen, over and over again?
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Catsumi wrote: Jul 19th, 2022, 6:05 pm ^^^That’s the gift of re-giving pain as practiced by our insane judicial system. Why is this allowed to happen, over and over again?
Victims have to revisit painful memories just to keep this :swear: hole behind bars.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
blueliner
Übergod

Post by blueliner »

Surprised his Prison Pals haven't dealt with him !
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

blueliner wrote: Jul 21st, 2022, 3:36 pm Surprised his Prison Pals haven't dealt with him !
they put them with the same kind of offenders these days, the old prison justice in general is long gone,
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
blueliner
Übergod

Post by blueliner »

the truth wrote: Jul 21st, 2022, 3:42 pm
blueliner wrote: Jul 21st, 2022, 3:36 pm Surprised his Prison Pals haven't dealt with him !
they put them with the same kind of offenders these days, the old prison justice in general is long gone,
To bad , that old system seem to weed out so called tough guys that did what Bobbitt did , just saying ..........
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

These are the situations where I support humane euthanization. I don't wish violence on him but his violence will continue if he isn't put down. Everything about this is just horrific.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

JLives wrote: Jul 21st, 2022, 10:36 pm These are the situations where I support humane euthanization. I don't wish violence on him but his violence will continue if he isn't put down. Everything about this is just horrific.
I agree 100%, perhaps the negative wording has society stuck “execution” verses euthanasia. Sometimes you have to cull the herd, that’s just realistic.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

my5cents wrote: Jul 21st, 2022, 10:59 pm
JLives wrote: Jul 21st, 2022, 10:36 pm These are the situations where I support humane euthanization. I don't wish violence on him but his violence will continue if he isn't put down. Everything about this is just horrific.
I agree 100%, perhaps the negative wording has society stuck “execution” verses euthanasia. Sometimes you have to cull the herd, that’s just realistic.
Agreed. I've never been comfortable with the vindictiveness and revenge aspect. But in some cases it's best to put violent people down. We treat dogs more humanely.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

JLives wrote: Jul 21st, 2022, 11:04 pm Agreed. I've never been comfortable with the vindictiveness and revenge aspect. But in some cases it's best to put violent people down. We treat dogs more humanely.
:up: :up:
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

the truth wrote: Jul 21st, 2022, 3:42 pm
Not completely true. One of my inlaws is employed in Corrections. Before sentencing and while held in Remand, which can be years, there is plenty of jail house law doled out.
I kinda like that since it is more feared than what our wet rag justice system hands out.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

I'm generally on the bleeding heart side of the crime and punishment spectrum, but rapists need to be executed for sure. I attended a class last week taught by a guy who counsels men who have been victims of sexual abuse to deal with the trauma. The average sex offender abuses 200 people in their lifetime. That's 200 people who have had their lives ruined. That's 200 people who will grow up broken, confused, and in perpetual mental anguish. 200 people who will turn to drug and alcohol addiction to numb the pain. 200 people who will raise dysfunctional children because the trauma is more than they can handle. 200 people who will hurt the people who love them the most because their souls have been warped by a sex offender. 200 people who will battle depression, guilt, and shame for something that wasn't their fault. The the most prolific rapists ruin far more than 200 lives.

Executing people like this is the only way to end the cycle.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

Does anyone, other than me see a bit of a gap between the reasonable thoughtful suggested consequences for these types of offenders, and our "learned" government's 10 year maximum before parole eligibility with the haunting, disturbing, bi-yearly application for freedom by the rapist ?
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

Glacier wrote: Jul 25th, 2022, 10:27 am
I'm generally on the bleeding heart side of the crime and punishment spectrum, but rapists need to be executed for sure. I attended a class last week taught by a guy who counsels men who have been victims of sexual abuse to deal with the trauma. The average sex offender abuses 200 people in their lifetime. That's 200 people who have had their lives ruined. That's 200 people who will grow up broken, confused, and in perpetual mental anguish. 200 people who will turn to drug and alcohol addiction to numb the pain. 200 people who will raise dysfunctional children because the trauma is more than they can handle. 200 people who will hurt the people who love them the most because their souls have been warped by a sex offender. 200 people who will battle depression, guilt, and shame for something that wasn't their fault. The the most prolific rapists ruin far more than 200 lives.

so your a bleeding heart when it suits you, typical bleeding heart
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
dreamon
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by dreamon »

Glacier wrote: Jul 25th, 2022, 10:27 am

Castration would be a good intermediate step.

Return to “South Okanagan”