Dick Cannings worried about electoral boundaries

rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Re: Dick Cannings worried about electoral boundaries

Post by rustled »

fluffy wrote: May 10th, 2023, 7:52 am
rustled wrote: May 10th, 2023, 7:13 am I made quite clear how Cannings could have his staff get back to any of the people who actually did approach him with boorish and unacceptable behaviour.

He IS paid to respond to ALL of his constituents, and there's no excuse for his office not responding when one of his constituents reaches out.
That's a possible option yes, but it does more or less sanction socially unacceptable behavior. If more of our elected officials took the same approach as Mr. Cannings then it might just start to sink in with some people that aggressive, in-your-face politics is taking us down a dark path. Instead we have politicians who encourage divisive behavior by courting the ill-mannered and intolerant. As I have made it clear myself, the bulk of those condemning Mr. Cannings in this thread are those same discourteous, disrespectful types. In my opinion, they are the problem, not Richard Cannings.
Response from a staff member sanctions socially unacceptable behaviour? IMO, that's quite a stretch!

Again, here, we see the intimation that the people he's ignoring are aggressive and in-your face, that they ill-mannered and intolerant, that they are discourteous and disrespectful "types".

Convincing oneself that the constituents Cannings hasn't bothered himself to respond to are "the problem" in order to maintain illusions about Cannings is, IMO, indicative of divisive thinking.

These posts claiming that's why he isn't responding to people - because they aren't "nice" enough for him to be bothered with - are doing him no favours, IMO. The job he got himself elected to do, and is being paid to do, is not an easy one. He knew that in the first term and ran again anyway.

If you are correct, if Cannings IS shirking one the more difficult parts of the job because some people aren't "nice" enough for him to bother himself with, that significantly reduces my estimation of the man.

There's no integrity in shirking the difficult parts of the job one is paid handsomely to do, neglecting those constituents who aren't "nice" enough simply because they aren't "nice" enough for him to be bothered with.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

rustled wrote: May 10th, 2023, 8:03 amAgain, here, we see the intimation that the people he's ignoring are aggressive and in-your face, that they ill-mannered and intolerant, that they are discourteous and disrespectful "types". .
It's more than an intimation, in my opinion it is a definite likelihood. Some of the crap that floats in from the vocal fringe on this board borders on hate speech, I fully support taking a stand against it.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

fluffy wrote: May 10th, 2023, 8:06 am
rustled wrote: May 10th, 2023, 8:03 amAgain, here, we see the intimation that the people he's ignoring are aggressive and in-your face, that they ill-mannered and intolerant, that they are discourteous and disrespectful "types". .
It's more than an intimation, in my opinion it is a definite likelihood. Some of the crap that floats in from the vocal fringe on this board borders on hate speech, I fully support taking a stand against it.
Support that all you like, while reminding us there's plenty of divisive rhetoric cloaked in niceties, too - and in accusations of hate speech, as well - and in stereotyping those dissatisfied with Cannings' lack of willingness to do the tougher parts of his job.

Cannings isn't taking a stand against "crap that floats in from the vocal fringe on this board". He's ignoring some of the people he's being paid handsomely to represent. If he wasn't up to the job, he ought not to have run again.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

rustled wrote: May 10th, 2023, 8:10 amCannings isn't taking a stand against "crap that floats in from the vocal fringe on this board". He's ignoring some of the people he's being paid handsomely to represent. If he wasn't up to the job, he ought not to have run again.
You are of course, entitled to your opinion, as I am to mine.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

The only hatred on this board is coming from the radical NDPers that consider themselves superior to all others.

Dick is an abject failure in responding to the concerns of his constituents. That is fact.

Dick should resign immediately. He has his pension credits now, and since that's the ONLY reason he signed up, he needs to move aside and let someone with the proper attitude and skillset toward constituents do the job.

For all we know, those being cut from the constituency borders are probably rejoicing that they don't have to deal with an unresponsive Dick. And that's probably why we've received NO update from Dick on comments received.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

fluffy wrote: May 10th, 2023, 8:15 am
rustled wrote: May 10th, 2023, 8:10 amCannings isn't taking a stand against "crap that floats in from the vocal fringe on this board". He's ignoring some of the people he's being paid handsomely to represent. If he wasn't up to the job, he ought not to have run again.
You are of course, entitled to your opinion, as I am to mine.
Gee, thanks :up:
Gotta wonder which opinion presented here does more to tarnish Cannings' reputation, though - the opinion he should be doing the job he's paid to do even though it's a tough job, or the opinion he's not doing the job he's paid to do because after he got the job he decided some people aren't nice enough for him to be bothered with, but he ran again anyway!
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

Dick just voted to bypass democratic debate and push through confiscation of private property.

There were still over 100 amendments to the bill that were not discussed in Committee.

Dick is a lazy prick, owned by Justin Trudeau.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

Gone_Fishin wrote: May 10th, 2023, 10:52 am Dick just voted to bypass democratic debate and push through confiscation of private property.

There were still over 100 amendments to the bill that were not discussed in Committee.
Are you talking about Bill C-47 ? The target of a Conservative fillibuster, the last-minute introduction of large numbers of insignificant amendments in order to talk a bill to death ?
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

fluffy wrote: May 10th, 2023, 6:26 am

I disagree. Mr.Cannings is well within his rights to turn away from boorish and socially unacceptable behavior.
Fair enough. But why is Dickie hiding from people how are not engaging in boorish behavior? Oh right, because he's lazy and stupid.
To say he is obliged to engage with such people is to condone that sort of behavior,
Except that no one is saying this. This "boorish behavior" stupidity is being dredged up with zero proof it even exists, as an excuse for dumb Dickie to be a lazy loser.
and that is not the path to reducing the divisive climate that surrounds politics these days.
How about a path that includes an MP responding to his constituents? There's a path that should reduce "divisiveness". But we know Dickie is too lazy to do that.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

rustled wrote: May 10th, 2023, 8:03 am

If you are correct, if Cannings IS shirking one the more difficult parts of the job because some people aren't "nice" enough for him to bother himself with, that significantly reduces my estimation of the man.
In my case, how do you significantly reduce your estimation of Dickie, when I was already starting below zero on the scale?
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

It's more than an intimation, in my opinion it is a definite likelihood.
No one cares. Given the huge bias, this means nothing.
Some of the crap that floats in from the vocal fringe on this board borders on hate speech, I fully support taking a stand against it.
And here we go with the "hate speech" nonsense again. Yes, anything that isn't praising Dick for doing such a terrible job is "hate speech". How did we know this stupidity would rear its ugly head?
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Gone_Fishin wrote: May 10th, 2023, 10:52 am Dick just voted to bypass democratic debate and push through confiscation of private property.

Dick is a lazy prick, owned by Justin Trudeau.
Sounds like something lazy Dickie and the dumb idiot NDP would do. Just disgusting.
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

fluffy wrote: May 10th, 2023, 1:11 pm

Are you talking about Bill C-47 ? The target of a Conservative fillibuster, the last-minute introduction of large numbers of insignificant amendments in order to talk a bill to death ?
Nope.

Dick just voted to cease the SECU, and move forward with kicking in doors and confiscating law-abiding citizens' property.

Dick is a patsy of Justin Trudeau.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

Gone_Fishin wrote: May 10th, 2023, 2:04 pm Dick just voted to cease the SECU, and move forward with kicking in doors and confiscating law-abiding citizens' property.
A link would be helpful.
A Concerned Citizen
Lord of the Board

Post by A Concerned Citizen »

fluffy wrote: May 10th, 2023, 5:20 pm
Gone_Fishin wrote: May 10th, 2023, 2:04 pm Dick just voted to cease the SECU, and move forward with kicking in doors and confiscating law-abiding citizens' property.
A link would be helpful.
Why would a link be helpful? Aren't classic ndp supporters lazy deflectors that try to avoid doing any work themselves which has been characteristic of dick himself? ... it's about the same as his late to the party invitation to provide input into electoral boundaries and that dumb calendar that also came four months late with pictures that were of such poor quality it was nothing but a trinket characteristic of dick's failure in leadership which of course is most likely inspired by his partnership with black face boy that dressed up like a cheesy Bollywood dancer that couldn't dance and has something like five ethics violations under his belt including interference in criminal prosecutions ...

It's surprising anyone would prop up dick given that's the company dick keeps ...

Return to “South Okanagan”