Wildfire off Westside Rd

Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Wildfire off Westside Rd

Post by Rwede »

Frisk wrote:Wow that's really bizarre. Why would somebody open burn right beside a grass slope? Open burning is also banned right now.

Open fire isn't banned where that fire started.

Some people are exempt from the laws that govern the rest of us.

It's situations like this that outline why everyone should be subjected to one set of laws.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
sashacarde

Post by sashacarde »

The fire is pretty much out now. I recorded this video of an airplane dropping fire retardant on the fire from my house at 1pm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbdyfQDvzhQ
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
Wildfire 3

Post by Wildfire 3 »

ferri wrote:Careless burn cause fire?

http://www.castanet.net/news/West-Kelow ... cause-fire

Yes, someone was burning in their back yard up against the hill and it started rippin. I heard from two eyewitnesses on scene that suspected accelerent was used, as apparently the fire was ripping up the hill in a perfectly straight and narrow line. IA and West Kelowna have cleared the scene, Ministry fire investigation officer remains atm. Source: myself...it was practically in my back yard so I assisted in a volunteer capacity.

Some pics for my fellow forumites:
(open image in new tab to see it all)

Deployed - Destroyed - Enjoyed
Oliver 2015
fall
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by fall »

Rwede wrote:
Open fire isn't banned where that fire started.

Some people are exempt from the laws that govern the rest of us.

It's situations like this that outline why everyone should be subjected to one set of laws.

It was not on indian band land, is West K excempt from the ban?
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

Post removed due to some issue with a perfectly acceptable and appropriate word.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
Lore
Übergod

Post by Lore »

fall wrote:
It was not on indian band land, is West K excempt from the ban?

It is on native land and it was a native who was doing the burning and he should be charged.
He put many homes and people in potential danger and should be held accountable.
Some may think I am being to harsh but I live by here and am angry that this idiot
was open burning.No regard for others at all.
He's an idiot and then some!
Lore
Übergod

Post by Lore »

mexicalidreamer wrote:Post removed due to some issue with a perfectly acceptable and appropriate word.

Wish I saw what word it was.
Same one I used?
fall
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by fall »

Lore wrote:It is on native land and it was a native who was doing the burning and he should be charged.
He put many homes and people in potential danger and should be held accountable.
Some may think I am being to harsh but I live by here and am angry that this idiot

I thought about it after and realized it started on band land and spread up towards Diamond View. The band should absolutely be charged separately for that, they blew their annual fire budget that goes to the COWK right there. Putting lives and homes at risk because the rules do not apply to them is ridiculous. Unbelievable.
Lore
Übergod

Post by Lore »

fall wrote:I thought about it after and realized it started on band land and spread up towards Diamond View. The band should absolutely be charged separately for that, they blew their annual fire budget that goes to the COWK right there. Putting lives and homes at risk because the rules do not apply to them is ridiculous. Unbelievable.

The band should be charged for fighting the fire but can't the idiot be charged for open burning?
Or are natives allowed to open burn whereas no one else can?
fall
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by fall »

That I do not know for certain but was the impression I got skimming through the comments. I am sure somebody will clarify on that point.
kvcc

Post by kvcc »

Just off the ongoing topic for one sec..
I just wanted to say that the fire crews did an exceptional job here , getting this fire out quickly. Excellent work, nothing lost - congrats on a job well done.
Carry on..
generalposter
Board Meister

Post by generalposter »

Burning garbage is likely a ticket able offence over and above burning while restricted. Who's to say what was in all those cans at one time? Who burns garbage in their back yard in this day and age?
Someone has to say it.
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

Some of those photos that were posted on this site sure look as if they were taken by a drone. You know, one of those things that are illegal to fly near a forest fire. One of those things that could bring down a plane. And the photographers even were nice enough to attach their names to the photo. Expect a visit.
zerograv
Banned

Post by zerograv »

Lore wrote:It is on native land and it was a native who was doing the burning and he should be charged.

While i agree he is an idiot i dont think his race or whos land hes on have anything to do with it. The undertones in your multiple comments is quite apparent.
Before giving someone a piece of your mind, make sure that you have enough to spare.

Return to “Fire Watch 2016”