BC Election issues

Discuss the upcoming elections here.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Re: BC Election issues

Post by Urbane »

We'll see what happens in May but I think the public has become cynical about politicians in general so when deciding how to vote they tend to look at the bread and butter issues that centre around the economy. Opposition parties always demand more honesty and transparency and as we know one of the common questions asked by an opposition members starts, "When will the minister come clean . . ." or "When will the minister level with the people . . ." Then if they become government the party that was relegated to opposition starts their questions the same way. Round and round we go.

There does come a point when people get so fed up with the party in power that they're willing to take a risk in order to kick the bums out. We'll see if that happens in May. I think the odds are that the Liberals will be re-elected because of those bread and butter issues but it's not a slam-dunk. Not by any means. If voters have concluded that the sleaze factor and arrogance have become unbearable then they'll look at the Liberals and decide that their "best before" date has passed.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Mar 11th, 2017, 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic
alfred2
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by alfred2 »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Mar 11th, 2017, 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Mar 11th, 2017, 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: response to off topic post
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
lasnomadas
Übergod

Post by lasnomadas »

removed.

Also, my two personal issues weren't added to the list: The Site C dam, and the lies, deceit, fraud, and over-all corruption of the BC Liberal party. The NDP, the Green Party, the Libertarians, or even a party of independent candidates would be superior to our present government.
Last edited by Triple 6 on Mar 11th, 2017, 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: discuss the topic, not the mods... thanks!
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

Which issue is most important to you in the coming B.C. election?

Total Votes: 966
Housing costs 18.53%
Jobs 12.01%
Pipelines 5.9%
Economy 38.82%
Education 5.18%
Transit 0.83%
Political donations 6.21%
Other 12.53%
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
mr.bandaid
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by mr.bandaid »

Listen, promises are made every election on the very list of concerns that have been mentioned here then forgotten the day after the election. What is most needed is for our political leaders to better understand who they work for and a proper non partisan venue for lodging complaints that holds even a slight chance they will be investigated. Writing our MLA's is just an exercise in futility.
Never argue with an idiot, they will just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

if social media is a sign of anything ,i would say 90 percent of comments on a bc govt story or clark story is bluntly boot out the libs for anyone . we didnt see that last election . the defenders of the clark govt is 1 vs 9 in a ratio. :smt045
alfred2
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by alfred2 »

maryjane48 wrote:if social media is a sign of anything ,i would say 90 percent of comments on a bc govt story or clark story is bluntly boot out the libs for anyone . we didnt see that last election . the defenders of the clark govt is 1 vs 9 in a ratio. :smt045

Where is your proof. Libs. will win and maybe a new party :smt045 will start, ndp are dead.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

i gave you proof . . go online in facebook or bc news comment sections and read . *removed* :smt045
Last edited by ferri on Mar 12th, 2017, 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

maryjane48 wrote:if social media is a sign of anything ,i would say 90 percent of comments on a bc govt story or clark story is bluntly boot out the libs for anyone . we didnt see that last election . the defenders of the clark govt is 1 vs 9 in a ratio. :smt045

In 2013 I can remember only one, maybe two, posters on here predicting a Liberal victory and social media was dominated by NDP supporters. How do you see social media as a BC election issue though?? I'm looking at the thread title and trying to see the issue here. What is it?
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

well i guess if you have the ndp as a facebook frei d you might have gotten that but the facts are last election most online and social media comments were against the ndp . now its reversed
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Mar 12th, 2017, 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

Opposition members were repeatedly ruled out of order in the B.C. legislature Monday as they demanded the BC Liberal government reform the province's campaign finance laws by banning "big money" donations from corporations and unions.

Premier Christy Clark revealed her own version of reform instead, legislation to force all parties to disclose donations within two weeks of receiving them, as the BC Liberal Party started doing in January.

"In my view this should happen before the next election," Clark said, suggesting that Election Act amendments introduced Monday may be pushed through before the legislature adjourns at the end of this week.

NDP leader John Horgan and other opposition members were cut off by Speaker Linda Reid as they tried to press the government to turn off the corporate donation taps that helped the BC Liberal Party collect $12 million last year.

Horgan later described the "sad spectacle" of watching Reid apparently taking signals from BC Liberal house leader Mike de Jong about what questions should be accepted.

:smt045
alfred2
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by alfred2 »

the ndp is :smt045 *bleep* because their donations are small so they want taxpayers funding,NO WAY :130:

Return to “British Columbia Elections 2017”