BC Election issues

Discuss the upcoming elections here.
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Re: BC Election issues

Post by Urban Cowboy »

Methinks the true clueless, would be the ones who think things wouldn't go up under NDP rule.

The only thing the NDP are good at bringing down, is the economy, thanks to their no no no policy.

Then again, what do some of you care, the most vocal on these forums, those who comfortably sit at home on their tushes, collecting pensions, in many cases from the very same evil government they so despise. Naturally unemployment figures would be furthest from their minds.

Their sole purpose in life presently being,to drum up new titles for Clark attack threads, and fabricating alternate facts to support some of their flawed reasoning.

What a truly sad existence!
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
madmudder
Board Meister

Post by madmudder »

I see we have some new Liberal Trolls defending the thieves and bashing the NDP. Yawn
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

madmudder wrote:I see we have some new Liberal Trolls defending the thieves and bashing the NDP. Yawn

Considering the avatar, and recent posts from your gang, that's actually drowning in irony. [icon_lol2.gif]

It must really rub the wrong way, to have an economy doing so well, under a party you so despise.

The main election issue I see is voters resorting to spite, rather than intelligence.

Voters who still support a party, that has had four years to reinvent itself, yet accomplished absolutely nothing in that time, are a huge issue.

In the US that same class of voters put Trump in charge, so there's a bit of a lesson there, to be careful what you wish for.
mr.bandaid
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by mr.bandaid »

Old Techie wrote:Methinks the true clueless, would be the ones who think things wouldn't go up under NDP rule.

The only thing the NDP are good at bringing down, is the economy, thanks to their no no no policy.

Then again, what do some of you care, the most vocal on these forums, those who comfortably sit at home on their tushes, collecting pensions, in many cases from the very same evil government they so despise. Naturally unemployment figures would be furthest from their minds.

Their sole purpose in life presently being,to drum up new titles for Clark attack threads, and fabricating alternate facts to support some of their flawed reasoning.

What a truly sad existence!

I am not so naive as to think that things would not increase under any government, it is a different world we live in and it changes every day. I think that the fact that disgusts me the most is that they taunt this "everything is wonderful. lets give you some money back" budget, let's make it contingent on us getting reelected and let's give ourselves a year to change our minds. I was born in the dark but it wasn't last night. Meanwhile the taxpayers money that could be used for so many more useful programs are being put into advertising boasting leprechauns and unicorns resulting from 15 years of screwing us over on everything from car insurance to electricity and the Lieberal cheerleaders here are buying in.....go figure?
Smiling Clark needs to go and take Horgan with you. Neither one is worth a pinch of *bleep*.
Never argue with an idiot, they will just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

Come up with a viable alternative and I'm certain many here would support you!

Many of us simply don't agree, that jumping from the frying pan, into the furnace, is a sensible solution.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

madmudder wrote:I see we have some new Liberal Trolls defending the thieves and bashing the NDP. Yawn

why are these people "trolls"? Because they don't agree with your mindless following of the NDP at any cost? How about this then? How about telling us why we should vote NDP, without mentioning the Liberals. Just tell us why we shouldn't be "bashing the NDP". And just so you don't waste your time, you can save all of the mindless social justice nonsense. I don't care about the NDP's social programs/policies/new ways to waste money on bad ideas. How is the NDP going to do a better job of managing the economy. And save the enviro-nut fear mongering too while you are at it. I don't care about the fear mongering stupidity backing every NDP rationale for wanting to kill every single economic development in this province. Just tell me why the NDP should get my vote, and why they would do a good job with managing the economy. We are all ears. Go for it.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
gordon_as
Lord of the Board

Post by gordon_as »

Old Techie wrote:
Many of us simply don't agree, that jumping from the frying pan, into the furnace, is a sensible solution.

Many of you are die hard Liberal Supporters , and will never concede how corrupt your chosen party is no matter what new scam is in the news.

Christy's Plan - Tell enough lies and make enough promises , and the idiots will vote for you again.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

gordon_as wrote:
Many of you are die hard Liberal Supporters , and will never concede how corrupt your chosen party is no matter what new scam is in the news.

Christy's Plan - Tell enough lies and make enough promises , and the idiots will vote for you again.

How is this gibberish above changing my mind about the NDP? Why would I ever vote for the NDP, when I consider that party, and the people who vote for them the biggest idiots I've ever met? And I'm basing that on the fact that the NDP has such a crappy track record of governing, everywhere they've ever been elected. Why is this BC NDP going to be any better. Rather than telling people they are idiots for voting for Clark, (how did that work out for Hillary Clinton BTW?) why not tell us why the NDP is better? In what way? The corruption thing is a waste of time, the NDP is beyond corrupt, and they always will be as long as the unions are running the show. So tell us, why is the NDP going to do a better job at running the economy? What will they do differently? How will they make everyone's lives better? Will they cut my taxes? Finally make changes to health care to make our system more efficient? Cut spending on really stupid stuff? What will they do better/differently?
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
gordon_as
Lord of the Board

Post by gordon_as »

The Green Barbarian wrote:
The corruption thing is a waste of time,

Not to the taxpayers. Sorry.
frazdog
Fledgling

Post by frazdog »

The biggest issue for the NDP is not their ties to unions (these are working people looking for steady employment) but the extreme environmental groups that push to stop all development. Many unions are backing the liberals because they have a vision for development of resources that will bring jobs.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

gordon_as wrote:
Not to the taxpayers. Sorry.

I agree. And that's why even talking about it in the context of the Liberals are corrupt is a waste of time, as our only other option is a party that is even more corrupt in the NDP. So just say the two parties are equal on that basis, even though we all know the NDP are worse. Don't even talk about it as there is no point, the NDP can't compete on the basis of corruption. So tell us how they do compete. Where do they compete? Why are they better? What makes them so good, that I would vote out the current government, even though they are just as corrupt or worse? Please tell me as I honestly don't know the answer.
gordon_as
Lord of the Board

Post by gordon_as »

The Green Barbarian wrote:
our only other option is a party that is even more corrupt

More corrupt than Christy's Liberals ? Really ? Are you trying to be funny ?

So just say the two parties are equal on that basis, even though we all know the NDP are worse.

No , you are just trying to convince everyone of that , luckily most people can think for themselves. They can also read the newspaper every day and come to their own conclusions.

Don't even talk about it as there is no point, the NDP can't compete on the basis of corruption.

You're right , nobody even comes close to Christy. Quebec a decade ago comes a close 2nd.

Please tell me as I honestly don't know the answer.

Get rid of the current government , which has become completely corrupted by donations from their corporate buddy's , and let another party do away with Corporate and Union donations. Everyone EXCEPT THE LIBERALS has agreed to that. Take the big money out of Politics , and make the government earn your donations and your vote.
alfred2
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by alfred2 »

If you want more unemployment , taxes , and more deficits , more dumb things . by all means vote NDP///// [icon_lol2.gif] :130:
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

gordon_as wrote:
Get rid of the current government , which has become completely corrupted by donations from their corporate buddy's , and let another party do away with Corporate and Union donations. Everyone EXCEPT THE LIBERALS has agreed to that. Take the big money out of Politics , and make the government earn your donations and your vote.

So who should we vote for then, to "get rid of the current government". You are ducking the question (why am I not surprised). You can continue on this track about corruption with the Liberals, but that's just a failed tactic that has cost the NDP 4 elections in a row. If you are just going to go on about corruption, and pointing fingers at everyone else, without telling me why I should vote for the NDP instead, then you've already lost. Again.
gordon_as
Lord of the Board

Post by gordon_as »

http://www.castanet.net/news/Vernon/192 ... eedy-event

saw the headline and thought Christy was throwing another party.

Return to “British Columbia Elections 2017”