BC Election issues

Discuss the upcoming elections here.
User avatar
Urbane
Buddha of the Board
Posts: 22749
Joined: Jul 8th, 2007, 7:41 pm

Re: BC Election issues

Post by Urbane »

    mr.bandaid wrote:I don't hate anyone. I don't like her politics, not a big fan of NDP politics either. I find the Christy is about as effective as a screen door in a submarine at representing my riding. It would be nice to have a person representing me who actually cares enough about my area to live here. As a former school board trustee it would be nice to have a premier who respects the public system enough to have here child educated within it.
    As a resident of BC my whole life and living where I do now for 20 years I think I should be allowed my opinion without you cheerleaders ganging up on me. Yesterdays treatment was the preverbial straw.
I'm a bit confused. I was talking to NDP'ers and you're replying. As far as I know you've consistently said that you dislike the Liberals and the NDP so no argument there. I understand people being tired of Christy Clark but the NDP has had a long time to come up with policies that people would support. If they had done that we would now be talking about Premier Dix and whether or not he would be re-elected. NDP'ers, who I was directing my comments toward, seem to blame everyone but their own party for their losses. Time for them to look inward. As for ganging up on you I don't think I've done that. Sometimes I agree with you and sometimes I don't but I'm always interested in what you have to say.
User avatar
krocky
Generalissimo Postalot
Posts: 925
Joined: Oct 28th, 2012, 4:53 pm

Re: BC Election issues

Post by krocky »

Urbane wrote: told us that it would be an uphill battle for the Liberals to win. Of course you omit all that from your memory because it doesn't fit your narrative..

Nope, you are dead wrong. We totally remember that Christy and the Fiberal party won the last election, how could we forget, they remind us every day with their, lying "Tax Payer" funded Propaganda ads, all the lawsuits and their blatant disrespect toward anyone other that their Corporate PARTNERS.
User avatar
Urbane
Buddha of the Board
Posts: 22749
Joined: Jul 8th, 2007, 7:41 pm

Re: BC Election issues

Post by Urbane »

    krocky wrote:Nope, you are dead wrong. We totally remember that Christy and the Fiberal party won the last election, how could we forget, they remind us every day with their, lying "Tax Payer" funded Propaganda ads, all the lawsuits and their blatant disrespect toward anyone other that their Corporate PARTNERS.
Why omit part of what I said in order to change the meaning? Well, we know the answer to that. I was replying, of course, to another poster and it wasn't about remembering who won the 2013 election. It was about what Keith Baldrey and Vaughan Palmer were saying during the campaign. You really shouldn't be omitting important parts of quotes that change the meaning and intent.
mr.bandaid
Grand Pooh-bah
Posts: 2734
Joined: Aug 29th, 2005, 2:06 pm

Re: BC Election issues

Post by mr.bandaid »

Urbane wrote:I'm a bit confused. I was talking to NDP'ers and you're replying. As far as I know you've consistently said that you dislike the Liberals and the NDP so no argument there. I understand people being tired of Christy Clark but the NDP has had a long time to come up with policies that people would support. If they had done that we would now be talking about Premier Dix and whether or not he would be re-elected. NDP'ers, who I was directing my comments toward, seem to blame everyone but their own party for their losses. Time for them to look inward. As for ganging up on you I don't think I've done that. Sometimes I agree with you and sometimes I don't but I'm always interested in what you have to say.

You and your gang have continually accused me of being an NDPer. That comment was directed at me as much as anyone on here. Anyone who doesn't think the sun shines out of Christy backside is an NDPer plain and simple to you and your cheerleaders. I defended myself over and over with my views on The liberals, their leader and have constantly been belittled because I don't hold their view. Yesterday I was asked a question regarding the history of the BCAS than, I took the time to answer that question and not so much yourself but a number of your ilk decided it prudent to then make unkind and unsubstantiated remarks regarding the service and the people in it. The biggest problem with the Liberals and the people who support them is their hatred towards any person who belongs to any union and the undying love of all things big business.
Never argue with an idiot, they will just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
BeingHuman
Board Meister
Posts: 685
Joined: Apr 11th, 2017, 9:18 pm

Re: BC Election issues

Post by BeingHuman »

The Conservatives among the BC Liberals tend to be mean, and they tend to bully, it's in their nature.
Periods of cooperation between political parties shouldn't be taken for granted; they are a stunning human achievement ~ Paul Bloom
User avatar
Urbane
Buddha of the Board
Posts: 22749
Joined: Jul 8th, 2007, 7:41 pm

Re: BC Election issues

Post by Urbane »

    mr.bandaid wrote:You and your gang have continually accused me of being an NDPer. That comment was directed at me as much as anyone on here. Anyone who doesn't think the sun shines out of Christy backside is an NDPer plain and simple to you and your cheerleaders. I defended myself over and over with my views on The liberals, their leader and have constantly been belittled because I don't hold their view. Yesterday I was asked a question regarding the history of the BCAS than, I took the time to answer that question and not so much yourself but a number of your ilk decided it prudent to then make unkind and unsubstantiated remarks regarding the service and the people in it. The biggest problem with the Liberals and the people who support them is their hatred towards any person who belongs to any union and the undying love of all things big business.
This has been a particularly nasty campaign, by Canadian standards, but at least the candidates aren't debating the size of their hands or other body parts.

I know that on here I've been accused of being a "Christy-Liberal cheerleader" even though for two successive elections I've said that the Liberals deserve to be defeated. And I've said that win or lose Christy Clark should move along in the not too distant future. But for some, if you're not pushing the NDP you're automatically a Liberal. I've posted many times about the shortcomings of the Liberals but I haven't posted about how wonderful the NDP is. That makes me a "ChristyLiberal cheerleader." See the double-standard here?

Double-standards are part of politics, as are spin, deflection, and outright fabrications. I just do my best to call them as I see them but if I were worried too much about hurt feelings I wouldn't be on here. Some people on here don't like me. Go figure, eh? Anyway, I do enjoy your posts and I hope you keep contributing.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board
Posts: 21652
Joined: Jul 9th, 2005, 8:56 am

Re: BC Election issues

Post by flamingfingers »

Urb wrote\;

I know that on here I've been accused of being a "Christy-Liberal cheerleader" even though for two successive elections I've said that the Liberals deserve to be defeated. And I've said that win or lose Christy Clark should move along in the not too distant future. But for some, if you're not pushing the NDP you're automatically a Liberal. I've posted many times about the shortcomings of the Liberals but.....


You have still voted for Christy and the ChristyLiberals. Each. And. Every. Time.
Chill
mr.bandaid
Grand Pooh-bah
Posts: 2734
Joined: Aug 29th, 2005, 2:06 pm

Re: BC Election issues

Post by mr.bandaid »

My dilemma is that my MLA happens to be the premier. It is double jeopardy for me to vote for someone who I have little regard for. The liberals may lose this election and I fully expect that if they do Christy and a few of the most liberal twits will be gone. They will reinvent themselves again and maybe just maybe come back with something that deserves our support. In order for this to happen this election needs to be close. The closer it is the better chance we have to ridding this province of the like of Horgan, Kwan( if she is actually still around I ma not sure) Clark, Coleman and Dejong. For some reason the longer they are around the bigger the sense of entitlement they have. The thing everyone seems to forget is that these people are public servants. The same as a paramedic, teacher, nurse and any number of others that have been so badly disrespected because of their civil service union. At the end of the day these elected officials have their benefits paid for, they will leave with a good pension and they make a good living wage which is what they should be working towards for all BC people.
Never argue with an idiot, they will just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
User avatar
Urbane
Buddha of the Board
Posts: 22749
Joined: Jul 8th, 2007, 7:41 pm

Re: BC Election issues

Post by Urbane »

    flamingfingers wrote:You have still voted for Christy and the ChristyLiberals. Each. And. Every. Time.
You told us a while back that you were voting NDP and since you never seem to have a problem with NDP policy, not that you've articulated on here anyway, that's an easy decision for you. Some of us, however, have a real problem with the Liberals but find the alternative to be worse. That's a concept you either don't understand or choose to ignore. I won't be sipping bubbly on Tuesday night if the Liberals win but I will be relieved if the NDP loses.
User avatar
krocky
Generalissimo Postalot
Posts: 925
Joined: Oct 28th, 2012, 4:53 pm

Re: BC Election issues

Post by krocky »

Urbane wrote: No. If your party had policies that most people supported the NDP would not have lost four elections in a row. You know, I remember back in 2013 Keith Baldrey and Vaughan Palmer telling us that the NDP would win the election. They hammered away at the HST fiasco, talked about the unpopularity of the Liberals, and told us that it would be an uphill battle for the Liberals to win. Of course you omit all that from your memory because it doesn't fit your narrative. And that narrative is that the NDP is a victim of some sort. Well, they're a victim alright. A victim of their own bad policies.

Krocky wrote:Nope, you are dead wrong. We totally remember that Christy and the Fiberal party won the last election, how could we forget, they remind us every day with their, lying "Tax Payer" funded Propaganda ads, all the lawsuits and their blatant disrespect toward anyone other that their Corporate PARTNERS.

That Better..??? Changes nothing..!!!
lasnomadas
Übergod
Posts: 1296
Joined: Jun 3rd, 2008, 11:41 am

Re: BC Election issues

Post by lasnomadas »

@Urbane:
Have you ever heard the old adage, 'If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem'? Well, after reading most of your comments on this thread (and others), I have concluded that you're part of the problem we have with our B.C. government. So I must ask you this: If you really don't think the BC Liberals are fit to govern this province, why do you continually vote for them? (And don't give me that old excuse about being afraid of the 'socialist hordes'. Nobody since WAC has been able to safely say that without being laughed out of whatever venue they were in).
User avatar
Urbane
Buddha of the Board
Posts: 22749
Joined: Jul 8th, 2007, 7:41 pm

Re: BC Election issues

Post by Urbane »

    lasnomadas wrote:@Urbane:
    Have you ever heard the old adage, 'If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem'? Well, after reading most of your comments on this thread (and others), I have concluded that you're part of the problem we have with our B.C. government. So I must ask you this: If you really don't think the BC Liberals are fit to govern this province, why do you continually vote for them? (And don't give me that old excuse about being afraid of the 'socialist hordes'. Nobody since WAC has been able to safely say that without being laughed out of whatever venue they were in).
See my reply to flamingfingers. It applies to you as well.
User avatar
Urbane
Buddha of the Board
Posts: 22749
Joined: Jul 8th, 2007, 7:41 pm

Re: BC Election issues

Post by Urbane »

    krocky wrote:That Better..??? Changes nothing..!!!
No, since your original reply hasn't been changed. A conversation about apples gets a reply about oranges. That's the way the NDP seems to be going. Oh well.
lasnomadas
Übergod
Posts: 1296
Joined: Jun 3rd, 2008, 11:41 am

Re: BC Election issues

Post by lasnomadas »

Nope, you're going to have to insult me personally, Urbane. Just remember that I'm not your enemy simply because I think your chosen party is corrupt. You don't like me for two obvious reasons; because I speak my mind, and because you think I support the NDP, but in truth, you have no idea who I vote for. Perhaps I've decided not to vote at all this time because I can't find a candidate worth voting for in my riding. Or perhaps I did find a candidate worth voting for and he/she was an independent candidate.

Now can we put this NDP-bashing to bed and concentrate on the issues?
User avatar
Urbane
Buddha of the Board
Posts: 22749
Joined: Jul 8th, 2007, 7:41 pm

Re: BC Election issues

Post by Urbane »

    lasnomadas wrote:Nope, you're going to have to insult me personally, Urbane. Just remember that I'm not your enemy simply because I think your chosen party is corrupt. You don't like me for two obvious reasons; because I speak my mind, and because you think I support the NDP, but in truth, you have no idea who I vote for. Perhaps I've decided not to vote at all this time because I can't find a candidate worth voting for in my riding. Or perhaps I did find a candidate worth voting for and he/she was an independent candidate.

    Now can we put this NDP-bashing to bed and concentrate on the issues?

Talking generally now . . . there do seem to be some NDP'ers on here who don't want to admit that they're actually voting NDP. Understandable of course. It's hard to get anyone to say, "I'm voting NDP and here's why you should to." Instead it's all about Christy Clark being a bad person or the Liberals being corrupt, or the last sixteen years having been something worse than a major disaster. Breathtaking really and devoid of any real substance or truth. Anyway, if you want to keep your voting intentions a secret that's fine with me. Sorry to disappoint you but I don't care how you're voting. I certainly don't assume that those on the left are voting NDP because many will be voting Green. Good on them because that's far better than voting NDP.

Return to “British Columbia Elections 2017”