BC Election issues

Discuss the upcoming elections here.
JollyGreenBully
Banned

Re: BC Election issues

Post by JollyGreenBully »

Queen K wrote:I believe GB was going towards the monetary output value of a human being post-education.

Yes, because people with "leftist" degrees can't sell their writing, creativity, and other skills to work for a company or start a business.

What a load of flaming barrel horse crap.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

JollyGreenBully wrote:]

Yes, because people with "leftist" degrees can't sell their writing, creativity, and other skills to work for a company or start a business.

What a load of flaming barrel horse crap.

If you want to pay for these people to take creative writing from the taxes you earn, feel free. That's your choice, to fund a flaming barrel of horse crap. That's what makes this "taxpayers pay for education" thing so cool. Those who want to fund what they want can fund what they want.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

JollyGreenBully wrote:
Urbane, you have a "leftist" degree in the arts. Yes, it allowed you to become a teacher which is great, but such degrees are bashed relentlessly by people like your buddy GB here.

Why do you never say anything about the worth of art degrees?

This is a flaming barrel of horse crap. I am not saying that arts degrees shouldn't be offered. All I am saying is, pay for them yourself, or take the already lavish subsidies provided by our current system, but don't expect it to be "free". I guess to backward leftists that is "bashing", but really I am just trying to say that if you want my tax dollars to pay for your education, I should have a say in what you are taking as an education. That's totally fair.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
d0nb
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by d0nb »

Christy "Ubered?" :200: Did the Liberal's failure to meet the expectations of B.C.'s South Asians cost them their majority?

B.C.'s South Asians helped hand eight ridings to the NDP - Douglas Todd (Vancouver Sun) http://www.theprovince.com/news/local+n ... story.html
The biggest problem of censorship is that it tends to be the last resort of the ideologically arrogant and intellectually lazy … A day spent in defense of freedom of speech is a day spent in the company of bigots and hate mongers. – Omid Malekan
d0nb
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by d0nb »

I see that the BC Green Party leader says that he will try to use (abuse?) his power in the legislature to block the pipeline expansion Albertans need to start getting better prices for their oil exports and lessen the province's dependence on the US market. Weaver also plans to support current efforts in the courts to block the pipeline expansion.

If it turns out that the courts rule against the project, the people of landlocked Alberta and Saskatchewan might be forced to deal with the fact that they have more in common with the States than with the other provinces. As Alberta Premier Rachel Notley observes, if the expansion can be blocked by parochial interests, "Canada would be less a country and more a combination of individual fiefdoms, fighting with each other for advantage."

Way to unite the country, Weaver. :-X
The biggest problem of censorship is that it tends to be the last resort of the ideologically arrogant and intellectually lazy … A day spent in defense of freedom of speech is a day spent in the company of bigots and hate mongers. – Omid Malekan
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

d0nb wrote:I see that the BC Green Party leader says that he will try to use (abuse?) his power in the legislature to block the pipeline expansion Albertans need to start getting better prices for their oil exports and lessen the province's dependence on the US market. Weaver also plans to support current efforts in the courts to block the pipeline expansion.

If it turns out that the courts rule against the project, the people of landlocked Alberta and Saskatchewan might be forced to deal with the fact that they have more in common with the States than with the other provinces. As Alberta Premier Rachel Notley observes, if the expansion can be blocked by parochial interests, "Canada would be less a country and more a combination of individual fiefdoms, fighting with each other for advantage."

Does anyone other than me want to chime in and say that an NDPer, Alberta's Premier, made an observant and smart statement?
Thought not, saying so would not fit the narrative.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
mr.bandaid
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by mr.bandaid »

d0nb wrote:I see that the BC Green Party leader says that he will try to use (abuse?) his power in the legislature to block the pipeline expansion Albertans need to start getting better prices for their oil exports and lessen the province's dependence on the US market. Weaver also plans to support current efforts in the courts to block the pipeline expansion.

Is there anyone who expected less from these nut bars? Their true colors will soon be flying for all to see.
Never argue with an idiot, they will just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
A_Britishcolumbian
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by A_Britishcolumbian »

Confederation (not my word/belief)

a more or less permanent union of countries with some or most political power vested in a central authority.

"Canada would be less a country and more a combination of individual fiefdoms, fighting with each other for advantage."

Rachel Notley obvioudly has a strange idea of 'canada' , typical 'albertan' :)
I'm not worried what I say, if they see it now or they see it later, I said it. If you don't know maybe that would hurt you, I don't know. You should know though, so you don't get hurt, so you know what side to be on when it happens.
T.Tsarnaev
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

whats interesting is the greens have to vote no if its piple lines or site c . now lets say clark gets 44 seats . shes still in a bad spot because one the oil and gas market will collapse . and more importantly percentage wise more bcers will be against anything she does that doesnt line up with the ndp or greens .

i think she should have stepped down . her govt long term plan didnt get a majority of voters and she has no mandate . to forge ahead now with huge debt involved is something a banana republic would do .

anything short of killing transmiuntain and sending site c to bcuc is political suicide for the bclibs now .
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

The K-M pipeline is pretty much a done deal.

The BC NDP are also against it (what else is new from the "Noooo" crowd). Not sure why though. Never really 'splained it very well. A unionist party that fights to shut down union jobs is kind of an oxymoron.

The current iteration of circumstances (with the federal level adjustments) makes the K-M an ok project, provided K-M take off their 10 gallon black hats and work with folks like the city of Burnaby instead of against them.

The Greens at least have a sound ideological reason for their opposition.

But it is indeed very much a nimby deal when they choose to ignore the high paying construction jobs plus the overall circumstance where Canada, and especially Alberta, needs the revenue to pursue forward looking strategies. You can't just LEAP.

The investments from the federal government in improved marine safety (and for the whole coast) plus the tabled legislation banning tankers on the north coast pretty much eliminate the tanker issue. Premier Clark deserves some credit for holding out for those things.

And the project will help fund transition away from fossil fuels: http://bc.ctvnews.ca/b-c-premier-says-5-conditions-met-on-trans-mountain-pipeline-1.3237261

"She said the financial agreement with Kinder Morgan will provide up to $1 billion to the province over the next 20 years that will go toward a B.C. Clean Communities Program that will fund local environmental projects."
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

more people voted against km pipeline and site c . facts are sometimes hard to swallow but there they are . it can be spun like a top but the story will always be 57 percent voted against your conservative bclibs while at the most 44 percent voted for . 57 is larger than 44 . simple math.

even if clark flips a seat her days are numbered and her staying amounts to tax payer rape .shamefull and elitist in the most blatant way .
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

hobbyguy wrote:
The Greens at least have a sound ideological reason for their opposition.
"

What sound reason is that?
George+
Walks on Forum Water

Post by George+ »

The ENVIRONMENT.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

George+ wrote:The ENVIRONMENT.

I don't know what that means.
neilsimon
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by neilsimon »

The Green Barbarian wrote:
George+ wrote:The ENVIRONMENT.

I don't know what that means.

No surprises there. Let me help you:
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/environment

Return to “British Columbia Elections 2017”