"We're number one!".........says Christy

Discuss the upcoming elections here.
lasnomadas
Übergod

"We're number one!".........says Christy

Post by lasnomadas »

LOL.......the only thing her and her crew are number one at is lying to British Columbians. I sincerely hope she'll be the number one BC Liberal MLA giving her concession speech in West Kelowna on May 9. Go Shelley Cook!!

BTW, why is Princess Photo-Op wearing a Remembrance Day poppy in April? Couldn't she afford a daffodil?
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Re: "We're number one!".........says Christy

Post by Urban Cowboy »

lasnomadas wrote:LOL.......the only thing her and her crew are number one at is lying to British Columbians. I sincerely hope she'll be the number one BC Liberal MLA giving her concession speech in West Kelowna on May 9. Go Shelley Cook!!

It's good to have dreams!

lasnomadas wrote:BTW, why is Princess Photo-Op wearing a Remembrance Day poppy in April? Couldn't she afford a daffodil?

She did it on purpose to tick off her cyber stalkers!

Seems to have worked. [icon_lol2.gif]
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

lasnomadas wrote:LOL.......the only thing her and her crew are number one at is lying to British Columbians. I sincerely hope she'll be the number one BC Liberal MLA giving her concession speech in West Kelowna on May 9. Go Shelley Cook!!

BTW, why is Princess Photo-Op wearing a Remembrance Day poppy in April? Couldn't she afford a daffodil?
Is that really necessary? Comments like these really turn me off and I think they turn off a lot of people. If there are similar comments directed John Horgan's way, or Andrew Weaver's way, I condemn them as well. We criticize our politicians for the way they conduct themselves sometimes but by comparison they're angels compared to what we see on here. So Christy Clark is cheerleading and rallying the troops before the election campaign. So what! There are issues to discuss and I really think that the personal attacks against Christy Clark will backfire. Not smart!
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

who the hell is Shelley Cook?
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
lasnomadas
Übergod

Post by lasnomadas »

She's the candidate who will win Kelowna West this time. And I refuse to apologize for calling out the most arrogant, dishonest politician I've ever witnessed. She's indefensible, and anyone who thinks I should not say anything detrimental about her is welcome to his/her opinion as well.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

lasnomadas wrote:She's the candidate who will win Kelowna West this time. And I refuse to apologize for calling out the most arrogant, dishonest politician I've ever witnessed. She's indefensible, and anyone who thinks I should not say anything detrimental about her is welcome to his/her opinion as well.
No, you should read my post again. I was talking about all the personal attacks on Christy Clark. Why do you feel that those are necessary? Why call her sexist names like "Princess Photo-op" and why criticize the poppy? I think it hurts your cause and it's mean-spirited.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

lasnomadas wrote:She's the candidate who will win Kelowna West this time. .

What the hell is "Kelowna West"?
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
alfred2
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by alfred2 »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Apr 3rd, 2017, 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

Of course it does Urbane, the personal attacks are all they have though. They don't have a party with a plan or platform so they have to base it on hate.

I don't know many positive groups in this world that base success on how much you can hate other people but it seems quite the standard practice here in BC for political rationalization.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

So since you didn't answer my question, I looked up Shelley Cook and she's the NDP candidate for "West Kelowna". I don't know why you would wish such a horrible fate on the people of West Kelowna or why you despise them so much, but as a resident I do not want to be represented by that awful party. What else do you wish for the people of West Kelowna? A giant forest fire? A giant meteor to hit Westbank?
lasnomadas
Übergod

Post by lasnomadas »

Oh, please..........your hero would be very disappointed if she found out that her followers were so thin-skinned. You don't hear me whining when one of Weaver's detractors calls him an environut, or calls Horgan a flip-flopper, do you? You have written far more mean spirited things in your comments that I could even dream of.

Shall we get back to the topic of this conversation now?
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

lasnomadas wrote:O

Which apparently is Christy Clark announcing that the Liberals are the first party to have a full slate of candidates. That and the fact that she was wearing a poppy instead of a daffodil and was behaving like a "photo-op princess." Some thread!
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

I not defending CC (or any politicians), if you notice at bottom of that picture it was taken from FB.... chances are also from last November, not recently.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

GordonH wrote:I not defending CC (or any politicians), if you notice at bottom of that picture it was taken from FB.... chances are also from last November, not recently.

Facts are bad, don't mention them to the people who feel hate is a campaign.

lasnomadas wrote:Oh, please..........your hero would be very disappointed if she found out that her followers were so thin-skinned. You don't hear me whining when one of Weaver's detractors calls him an environut, or calls Horgan a flip-flopper, do you? You have written far more mean spirited things in your comments that I could even dream of.

Who's hero? Who has called her a hero? You seem to feel that if we don't desire to murder or burn someone at the stake as a witch we then must worship them.....either your rage against her is either yet an additional account for the past haters, or simply irrational hatred, which as it stands is still a garbage platform to win an election.

Look you hate the Libs, many agree, give the people an option.....if you think that is NDP, have them put out a platform and competing budget. The election time is a job interview, they are currently losing as they say "i want this job" and when asked what skills they have they say "I'm not the person who currently does the job"

not a qualification.
lasnomadas
Übergod

Post by lasnomadas »

Hate? No. Contempt? Yes. An administration that has crippled this province with insurmountable debt, sold our resources for peanuts to foreign corporations in order to stash enough money in their war chest to keep them elected for 4 terms, de-funded every social safety net we ever had, put our health and our children's education in jeopardy, spent millions of our tax dollars fighting (and losing) a court battle with teachers, stole - yes, STOLE - millions from our Crown corporations in order to 'balance' the budget.

All this while laughing at how gullible their 'fans' are. Their arrogance and contempt for the people they are supposed to be working for.....British Columbians, is what I find most appalling. So excuse me for having a little fun once in awhile at their head honcho's expense. She deserves far worse.

Return to “British Columbia Elections 2017”