Discuss the upcoming elections here.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Re: "We're number one!".........says Christy

Post by Urbane »

George+ wrote:Wel then..
    My, my ,my,
    The NDP have come back very well from their non "near decimation",
    And with a good leader and as a strong opposition.

Time to give them a try. Time for a new number one.
We'll see. I don't rule out an NDP victory at all. It may well happen. People may be tired of having the best economy in Canada with the strongest job growth and the lowest unemployment. Sometimes people just want change and it might happen this time. 50-50 I'd say.
George+
Walks on Forum Water

Post by George+ »

And I say the Lieberals are just playing statistical manipulation.

You have to dig a bit to see what their alternative facts are really made up from.
A lot of part time. Low paying jobs.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

George+ wrote:And I say the Lieberals are just playing statistical manipulation.

You have to dig a bit to see what their alternative facts are really made up from.
    A lot of part time. Low paying jobs.
Yes, better to be collecting unemployment if you can't have an executive position, right?
mr.bandaid
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by mr.bandaid »

Even today I heard an ad from the Liberals with Christy talking stating that all British Columbian's need are good paying jobs. So Urbane from what I gather from you r comments is that BCians just need to have a job regardless of the pay. Spoken like a true retiree on a teacher's pension.
Never argue with an idiot, they will just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

mr.bandaid wrote:Even today I heard an ad from the Liberals with Christy talking stating that all British Columbian's need are good paying jobs. So Urbane from what I gather from you r comments is that BCians just need to have a job regardless of the pay. Spoken like a true retiree on a teacher's pension.

No, I didn't say that. I'm in favour of RAISING the minimum wage as has been happening. "Regardless of the pay" is most definitely NOT something that I said.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

George+ wrote:Wel then..
My, my ,my,
The NDP have come back very well from their non "near decimation",
And with a good leader and as a strong opposition.

Actually, they've lost 4 elections in a row, have a leader who stupidly supports the Leap Manifesto, and are an extremely weak opposition, who still is the party of NO!!!! They seem to be a party run by brain-dead idiots, who just never learn from their mistakes, of which there are many. The NDP should be disbanded.

Time to give them a try. Time for a new number one.

I agree that it's time for a new number one, but the NDP is not that party. They are a disgrace. It's time for the NDP to disband, and allow a new party come into being that is actually an effective intelligent choice. The NDP is the dumb choice. They are awful.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
krocky
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by krocky »

Rwede wrote:Calling Premier Clark sexist names doesn't sit well with the majority of voters, I can assure you that.

The majority of "liberial" voters, maybe, the rest of the voters feel very differently and can't post what they call her on a public forum.

Whatever you do though, don't call her HOT, just ask Russell Peters, he tried that with another :cuss: and got himself into "HOT" water. (pun intended)
krocky
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by krocky »

The Green Barbarian wrote: I agree that it's time for a new number one, but the NDP is not that party. They are a disgrace. It's time for the NDP to disband, and allow a new party come into being that is actually an effective intelligent choice. The NDP is the dumb choice. They are awful.

Make no mistake, Christie and her merry band of thieves will be re-elected. BC should be called the "ostrich" Province because we refuse to get our heads out of the sand. There is no "alternative" to the FIBerals and never will be. The Conservatives don't even exist and can't seem to get their poop together.

I worked with a acquaintance in the last election who wanted to run as an independent so he could "actually" have a voice and represent his constituents rather than be whipped into towing party lines. Although the feedback was pretty good for the most part it was obvious that British Columbians are brain washed into thinking that their MLA's have any say what-so-ever.

They have no idea how partisan politics work and still believe that their "guy" if he/she belongs to the party in power can help them. They have no idea that the minute they are elected they become Christy's little whipping boys or girls. So brace yourselves folks, you can debate it all you want, here comes Christy and "long john" DE JONG for another four..!!
krocky
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by krocky »

I see the BC Liberals have a big banner running on the top of the castanet home page now. Wonder how much that is costing Tax Payers.?? I thought campaigning wasn't allowed until after the writ dropped. Oh wait this is the Liberals they don't have to follow any rules.. Let's see, call it an advertising rather than campaigning then we can pay for it with TAX dollars and start running it anytime, who gives a SH :cuss: about the writ. Sounds about right..!!
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

krocky wrote:Make no mistake, Christie and her merry band of thieves will be re-elected...

as long as it's not John Horgan and his merry band of thieves being elected, I am good.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Apr 5th, 2017, 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Apr 5th, 2017, 1:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: off topic
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
Muzza
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Muzza »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Apr 5th, 2017, 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: response to off topic post
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

as long as it's not John Horgan and his merry band of thieves being elected, I am good.

but your okay with a premier that lied about a police investigation that cost a person their life ? speaks volumes about the folks that would and are okay with that .
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Apr 5th, 2017, 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: response to off topic post
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.

Return to “British Columbia Elections 2017”