Are you voting not *for* a party, but AGAINST a party?

Discuss the upcoming elections here.
lasnomadas
Übergod

Re: Are you voting not *for* a party, but AGAINST a party?

Post by lasnomadas »

Oops.......looks like I edited my comment while you were replying . Let's not get into an argument about the PRH, okay? And my last word on the important issues in this election is, of course the economy is important, but IMHO, the BC Liberals aren't the best party to be holding the reins. You disagree, and we'll have to wait and see who will be entrusted to govern this province for the next four years. Only then will we know which one of us chose the right party.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on May 2nd, 2017, 7:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: personal attack
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
lasnomadas
Übergod

Post by lasnomadas »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on May 2nd, 2017, 7:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: personal attack
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

lasnomadas wrote:Oops.......looks like I edited my comment while you were replying . Let's not get into an argument about the PRH, okay? And my last word on the important issues in this election is, of course the economy is important, but IMHO, the BC Liberals aren't the best party to be holding the reins. You disagree, and we'll have to wait and see who will be entrusted to govern this province for the next four years. Only then will we know which one of us chose the right party.

Being proven right isn't all that important to me. (It's also not the least bit important to me to prove when the work started on PRH, so if you truly wish to believe that by pointing out readily available facts I'm trying to start an argument, that's your prerogative. After all, my integrity's not on the line.)

For me, acting with integrity means using my one and only vote the best way I know how. Regardless of which party wins, regardless of what happens to the economy later on, I'll know I used my vote the best way I could.

I expect at the end of the day, regardless of what happens, you'll feel the same about how you used your vote. That's as it should be.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
lasnomadas
Übergod

Post by lasnomadas »

The only entity whose integrity is 'on the line' right now is the BC Liberal government. It doesn't make any sense for you and I to be arguing about what day or month the construction of the PRH tower began. Christy made campaign promise and she broke it. It happens all the time, and we should be used to it by now.

If it doesn't matter to you if your chosen party wins or not, why are you here defending all their indefensible actions? And please, tell that fan club of yours that they need to learn some more derogatory words to spew at their 'perceived enemies'. "Idiot" is wearing very thin.
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

My goodness. :digging:

Well, I'll leave you to it and allow this thread to get back on topic.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
lasnomadas
Übergod

Post by lasnomadas »

The topic is "Are you voting not *for* a party, but AGAINST a party". Isn't that what we were discussing......in between rude interruptions?
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on May 2nd, 2017, 7:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: response to removed post
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
jayro
Fledgling

Post by jayro »

Back to the topic I strongly feel that we need to vote against the BC Liberals I did vote for the party back in the day but they have since taken their majority for granted and have become the most corrupt and arrogant government in BC history. They do not do what is in the best interest of British Colombians and we have seen many examples of this. Yes... I do support Pipeline development, LNG, and site C but I also support public education, and making life more affordable two things that the Liberals failed miserably at. I have to admit that I was impressed by Andrew Weaver in the debate but........ in order to get rid of Clark the NDP is the only option
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

lasnomadas wrote:Just one question,'rustled', and then we can put this discussion to bed. What exactly IS most important to you? I'm having a bit of trouble understanding why my opinion is so offensive to you. Perhaps we're just having trouble communicating. I didn't mean to ruffle your feathers.........honest.

On second thought, after reading some of your comments on the 'Making stuff up again' thread, I retract the part about having trouble communicating. You obviously want to start an argument.......why? You know I didn't lie about the PRH tower. I just drove by it last week, and there were two big cranes there that weren't there the last time I drove by. In fact, there was nothing but a parking lot there the last time I drove by, and it really wasn't that long ago.

You also stated several times on this forum that nothing has been done on Westside Road. That blatant lie casts doubt on anything you post.

Clearly there are many who disagree with your views, not to mention party of choice, and you seem to take that as an automatic confirmation that they are wrong and you are right.

Maybe it's you that's wrong.

Maybe a lot of us don't care for Clark, but at the same time, don't hate her enough to want to see our economy trashed.

Have you ever considered that?

I see quite a few members being pragmatic, whereas you come across as solely reactionary.

I also note that it seems more than coincidence that a handful of you use the same talking points, and often times even same phrases, almost as if you went to the same class to get indoctrinated.
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
Mr_Mrs_Wolf
Fledgling

Post by Mr_Mrs_Wolf »

I vote for a party each and every election.
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

jayro wrote:Back to the topic I strongly feel that we need to vote against the BC Liberals I did vote for the party back in the day but they have since taken their majority for granted and have become the most corrupt and arrogant government in BC history. They do not do what is in the best interest of British Colombians and we have seen many examples of this. Yes... I do support Pipeline development, LNG, and site C but I also support public education, and making life more affordable two things that the Liberals failed miserably at. I have to admit that I was impressed by Andrew Weaver in the debate but........ in order to get rid of Clark the NDP is the only option

I'm not sure either of the other parties would be able to make life more affordable. A lot of the pressures we face today are a result of people wanting the government to be more involved in our lives, with more programs and more regulations, and this means more taxes, oversight and bureaucracy. Some of those programs, like the $10 daycare promise, will help some individuals at some period in their lives, but overall the result is higher cost for all.

It seems to me the NDP would move us a good deal further in that direction, which is why I'm not prepared to vote for them.
George+
Walks on Forum Water

Post by George+ »

So..you do not like frozen utility costs?
No MSP.
No bridge tolls.
$10 daycare.
Better basic wages.

It is way past time to get these going to help ordinary people.
krocky
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by krocky »

lasnomadas wrote:The topic is "Are you voting not *for* a party, but AGAINST a party". Isn't that what we were discussing......in between rude interruptions?

Doing the same thing over and over and over again and expecting a different result is the definition of "insanity". Ergo voting for the Liberals is PURE, insanity.. As you mentioned in an early post the word "idiot" is used a lot on here and the ones using it the most, well you know.. Thank goodness the election is soon because your head must be getting sore from banging it against a brick wall.. You can't teach an old dog new tricks and you can't teach an idiot, well, anything..!!!
:dash: :dash: :dash:
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

krocky wrote:Doing the same thing over and over and over again and expecting a different result is the definition of "insanity".

You need to be appointed campaign manager for the NDP, and explain this very thing to them, as five elections in a row now they have learned nothing. At all.

Return to “British Columbia Elections 2017”