Who best will stop this ?

Discuss the upcoming elections here.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Who best will stop this ?

Post by maryjane48 »

http://glbn.ca/Ahmzc8

out of the gates the bclibs are disqualified because they have been allowing it .
fluffy
Buddha of the Board

Re: Who best will stop this ?

Post by fluffy »

maryjane48 wrote:out of the gates the bclibs are disqualified because they have been allowing it .

Disqualified? They are already working on it. Did you even read the article?

I do, however, look forward to reading the study when it is released and see what kind of numbers are associated with the problem. Not to belittle the work that the Suzuki Foundation does but it's no secret that they are bent on curbing fossil fuel use in its entirety and thus will have a definite bias. That is evident in the total absence of anything in that article that would allow the reader some insight into just how signficant the problem is when compared to things like energy production, automoblile use and even cow farts.

@ maryjane48 - I suspect your motivation in this issue is not to help clean up our environment but to dump on the BC Liberals yet again. With that obvious bias I suggest that you be disqualified from further discussion. :)
There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance—that principle is contempt prior to investigation.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Apr 26th, 2017, 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

fluffy wrote:
maryjane48 wrote:out of the gates the bclibs are disqualified because they have been allowing it .

Disqualified? They are already working on it. Did you even read the article?

I do, however, look forward to reading the study when it is released and see what kind of numbers are associated with the problem. Not to belittle the work that the Suzuki Foundation does but it's no secret that they are bent on curbing fossil fuel use in its entirety and thus will have a definite bias. That is evident in the total absence of anything in that article that would allow the reader some insight into just how signficant the problem is when compared to things like energy production, automoblile use and even cow farts.

@ maryjane48 - I suspect your motivation in this issue is not to help clean up our environment but to dump on the BC Liberals yet again. With that obvious bias I suggest that you be disqualified from further discussion. :)

X100 :up:
“We isolate now so when we gather again, no one is missing" - Unknown
fluffy
Buddha of the Board

Post by fluffy »

Every government BC has ever had since the advent of oil & gas extraction in the province has been "allowing" it, including past NDP regimes. You take an issue that has just come to light, an issue that the BC Liberals have already recognized and are taking steps to deal with, and suddenly it's another reason to turf the current regime. Tell me this, what have the NDP ever done about this issue other than point fingers at the Liberals?
There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance—that principle is contempt prior to investigation.

Return to “British Columbia Elections 2017”