TV Leaders' Debate

Discuss the upcoming elections here.
krocky
Generalissimo Postalot

Re: TV Leaders' Debate

Post by krocky »

Jx3 wrote: Personally I have absolutely zero attachment to Christy Clark or the BC Liberals, in fact I hate that I am forced to mark my ballot in favour of a party with "Liberal" in its name BUT there simply is no other viable alternative for actual conservative voters (as opposed to make-believe internet forum conservative voters). Not voting is not an option as that is the same as a vote for the NDP so there really is no other choice.
To be honest, after 16 years the BC Liberals are well past their best before date and it wouldn't be a bad thing for a change in government, so long as that change doesn't involve the letters N, D or P.

Spoken like a true "closet" Liberal.. Don't worry your secret is safe with us, You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time. (Abraham Lincoln)

We know your true colors and it's OK , don't be ashamed.
George+
Walks on Forum Water

Post by George+ »

*removed*
When all other realistic polls show Horgan leading
Last edited by ferri on Apr 27th, 2017, 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic
Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Post by Hassel99 »

George+ wrote:*removed*
When all other realistic polls show Horgan leading

Like in 2013?

Why do you refuse to learn from your mistakes?
Jx3
Übergod

Post by Jx3 »

Jx3 wrote: Personally I have absolutely zero attachment to Christy Clark or the BC Liberals, in fact I hate that I am forced to mark my ballot in favour of a party with "Liberal" in its name BUT there simply is no other viable alternative for actual conservative voters (as opposed to make-believe internet forum conservative voters). Not voting is not an option as that is the same as a vote for the NDP so there really is no other choice.
To be honest, after 16 years the BC Liberals are well past their best before date and it wouldn't be a bad thing for a change in government, so long as that change doesn't involve the letters N, D or P.

krocky wrote:Spoken like a true "closet" Liberal.. Don't worry your secret is safe with us, You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time. (Abraham Lincoln)

We know your true colors and it's OK , don't be ashamed.

LOL.... that's just weak, even for you. [icon_lol2.gif]
krocky
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by krocky »

Jx3 wrote:"Who would any sane and rational person vote for other than the Liberals (in the absence of any viable alternative)?" Perhaps you missed it so I bolded it for you. Clearly you were excluded.

Jx3 wrote:
krocky wrote:No Problem, I welcome your "PERSONAL ATTACKS", that's what some species do when they are backed into a corner and can't get away.. You aren't the first and certainly won't be the last, especially as the NDP start pulling away.. I suspect the personal attacks and name calling will grow exponentially at that point. You know, that's what Christy and De Jong are good at (the only thing) so why would their party faithful lap dogs be any different.

Oh spare the dramatics.

Oh so that wasn't a personal attack then, thanks for clearing that up..
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

George+ wrote:When all other realistic polls show Horgan leading

So if a poll shows anyone else leading it's unrealistic? (in your mind)

All polls are BS anyway.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Jx3
Übergod

Post by Jx3 »

krocky wrote:No Problem, I welcome your "PERSONAL ATTACKS", that's what some species do when they are backed into a corner and can't get away.. You aren't the first and certainly won't be the last, especially as the NDP start pulling away.. I suspect the personal attacks and name calling will grow exponentially at that point. You know, that's what Christy and De Jong are good at (the only thing) so why would their party faithful lap dogs be any different.

Jx3 wrote:Oh spare the dramatics.

krocky wrote:Oh so that wasn't a personal attack then, thanks for clearing that up..

No problem.
George+
Walks on Forum Water

Post by George+ »

Castanet is totally not a realistic poll of provincial opinion.

The Sun poll was done by an independent, conservative, polling company..Mainstream.

The Castanet poll can be easily rigged.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

George+ wrote:Castanet is totally not a realistic poll of provincial opinion.

The Sun poll was done by an independent, conservative, polling company..Mainstream.

I keep saying this: there is only 1 poll that matters, the rest are just predictions.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
krocky
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by krocky »

Jx3 wrote: as opposed to make-believe internet forum conservative voters..

Just for fun, answer this for me, if you would.. I am a native Albertan and have voted Conservative in every election (except this one) both provincial and federal since I was old enough to vote.. Can you say the same..?? ( just a real question, not looking for all the rhetoric)
Last edited by krocky on Apr 27th, 2017, 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

krocky wrote:Just for fun, answer this for me, if you would.. I am a native Albertan and have voted Conservative in every election (except this one) both provincial and federal since I was old enough to vote.. Can you same the same..?? ( just a real question, not looking for all the rhetoric)

Yes. I will never vote NDP because they are a disgusting horrible party that wrecked BC's economy during their last reign of terror in the 1990's. I can admit this. Can you say the same?
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
krocky
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by krocky »

George+ wrote:Castanet is totally not a realistic poll of provincial opinion.

And don't forget her hindness has her riding in Castanet territory and she has spent a lot of money buying their votes..
Jx3
Übergod

Post by Jx3 »

Jx3 wrote: as opposed to make-believe internet forum conservative voters..

krocky wrote:Just for fun, answer this for me, if you would.. I am a native Albertan and have voted Conservative in every election (except this one) both provincial and federal since I was old enough to vote.. Can you say the same..?? ( just a real question, not looking for all the rhetoric)

Nope, I can't say the same. Having spent a career in the Canadian Forces I've lived (and voted) in 6 different provinces and 2 territories. I've voted Conservative when there was a viable Conservative option but that hasn't always been the case, such as we currently have in BC. In those cases I look to the next best option that most closely represents my own personal values and beliefs. More often than not I find that no one particular party's platform represents my values and beliefs completely so there is always a degree of compromise. What I can say is that when there was no viable Conservative party to vote for I have never once entertained the idea of voting NDP, ever. I simply cannot support their radical leftist policies and their attempts to be all things to all people by pandering to diametrically opposed organisations such as the radical environmentalists and resource sector unions. I'd have at least an ounce of respect for the NDP if they would return to their roots representing labour and ditch the job killing environmentalists.
lasnomadas
Übergod

Post by lasnomadas »

I don't think the Castanet poll is 'rigged'. Castanet is an Okanagan publication and since the 1950s when old Socred leader WAC Bennett, a resident of Kelowna, first built a four-lane highway from the outskirts of Kelowna to about 5 miles north, the voters have been enamored with the name 'Bennett', even after the Socreds crashed and burned back in the 1980s, then rose from the ashes as the BC Liberals. Brad Bennett, WAC's grandson is Christy's campaign manager, and also the head honcho on BC Hydro's Board of Directors (a conflict of interest if ever I saw one).

But I digress....... Until all the old Socred faithful are dead and gone, the Okanagan Valley will continue to support the BC Liberals, or whatever name they choose if or when they lose an election. It's just something we 'newcomers' must accept. However, this could be the election they lose because they have become so corrupt that even some of heir most avid supporters will switch to either the Greens or the NDP. We'll just have to wait and see.
Jx3
Übergod

Post by Jx3 »

lasnomadas wrote:But I digress....... Until all the old Socred faithful are dead and gone, the Okanagan Valley will continue to support the BC Liberals, or whatever name they choose if or when they lose an election. It's just something we 'newcomers' must accept. However, this could be the election they lose because they have become so corrupt that even some of heir most avid supporters will switch to either the Greens or the NDP. We'll just have to wait and see.

Your story doesn't hold water. What was the population of Kelowna in the 50's? It's approx 125,000 now, how many of those 125k people were here when WAC Bennett was premier, or Bill Bennett for that matter? Very few.

Return to “British Columbia Elections 2017”