Who do the NDP blame this time??

Discuss the upcoming elections here.

Who do the NDP blame if they lose this time?

John Horgan
4%
Big Business
12%
BC Conservatives
No votes
BC Green Party
40%
Any other party
12%
Donald Trump and Softwood
4%
ISIS
4%
Their policies and platform
4%
The electorate
No votes
None of the above
20%

Total votes: 25

fall
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Who do the NDP blame this time??

Post by fall »

The Green Barbarian wrote:
Good luck. One thing about the NDP, when they make insanely stupid policy, they stick with it extremely stubbornly, because the alternative would be to admit they were wrong, and I've yet to ever see an NDP supporter ever admit they were wrong about anything. And I doubt I ever will.

Are you admitting your certainty about the outcome was wrong?
There are a lot more NDP supporters these days, new times.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

fall wrote:
Are you admitting your certainty about the outcome was wrong?

I'm admitting that the NDP never admit they are wrong. Which is why even though they monumentally screwed the pooch with their discriminatory riding policy, and that pooch screwing might have cost them the election as Glacier pointed out, they won't admit that their horribly discriminatory policy is wrong. Ever. Which is what is defined as zealotry.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

rustled wrote:Interesting. Perhaps this will cause them to re-think their policy.

Good luck. One thing about the NDP, when they make insanely stupid policy, they stick with it extremely stubbornly, because the alternative would be to admit they were wrong, and I've yet to ever see an NDP supporter ever admit they were wrong about anything. And I doubt I ever will.

It's certainly a problematic character trait, isn't it? I've seen several people in these threads admit to being human and making a mistake. (Clark has said she and her party need to do things differently, too.)

But some folk simply cannot bring themselves to do that, even when it's compellingly obvious, as though admitting they weren't entirely correct as some kind of weakness (all the while decrying untruthfulness and arrogance in others).

It's weird to me that people would rather stick to their guns than acknowledge their mistakes, or changing information, or changing situations that require a fresh approach and a different solution. Instead of re-assessing their beliefs and assumptions and focusing policies aimed at improvement, they get caught up in deflection and blame trying to cling to their past beliefs and failed solutions.

Heaven help us if these are the people who take charge.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
mr.bandaid
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by mr.bandaid »

Glacier wrote:Seriously, I think the NDP should blame Jerry Taft and their idiotic "no straight white males" policy for their loss. Had they not excluded straight white males, there wouldn't have been the fiasco in Columbia River - Revelstoke, and Jerry Taft wouldn't have had to publicly disclose that he's bisexual after dividing the local NDP riding association, and then the NDP could have won the riding yet again, pushing the NDP into a tie with the Liberals.

Seriously!?!?!? The loss is all about sex? God all mighty. That is one of the stupidest posts I have seen in a long time.
Never argue with an idiot, they will just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

mr.bandaid wrote:Seriously!?!?!? The loss is all about sex? God all mighty. That is one of the stupidest posts I have seen in a long time.

I don't think you followed the logic through on that one.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
mr.bandaid
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by mr.bandaid »

Yeah, I must have. Re reading it hasn't helped much either. Again.....whatever?
Never argue with an idiot, they will just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

mr.bandaid wrote:Yeah, I must have. Re reading it hasn't helped much either. Again.....whatever?
There was a controversy about Taft's nomination, and some fallout afterward, which may have cost the NDP some votes.
http://news.nationalpost.com/full-comme ... e-criteria
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

mr.bandaid wrote:Seriously!?!?!? The loss is all about sex? God all mighty. That is one of the stupidest posts I have seen in a long time.

Die hard NDPers would never change their vote even if the party were calling for the gassing of Jews, BUT most voters are not faithful to any one party, so in a close race where every vote counts, doing something utterly stupid like banning everyone who isn't a straight white male will cost you votes with the unaffiliated, and in this case enough to change the entire dynamics of the election. Imagine if Christy Clark decided that there's already more than their population percentage would dictate for turban Sikhs, so no more Sikhs with turbans allowed to run. Should would have lost votes, and the election. It's just that stupid to care more about quotas than qualifications.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
mr.bandaid
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by mr.bandaid »

Glacier wrote:

Die hard NDPers would never change their vote even if the party were calling for the gassing of Jews, BUT most voters are not faithful to any one party, so in a close race where every vote counts, doing something utterly stupid like banning everyone who isn't a straight white male will cost you votes with the unaffiliated, and in this case enough to change the entire dynamics of the election. Imagine if Christy Clark decided that there's already more than their population percentage would dictate for turban Sikhs, so no more Sikhs with turbans allowed to run. Should would have lost votes, and the election. It's just that stupid to care more about quotas than qualifications.

I must have missed something or, more like me, could care less about gender, sexuality or the color of their skin. I pretty much paid attention to my riding and tried to stay out of the rest of it. Christy was in my riding and that is why I spoke out against her. A minority government looks good on her and a few of the dinosaurs in that party. The unfortunate part of this scenario is that the NDP picked up seats from them and lost them to the Greens. Imagine had this election ended 50-50?
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

mr.bandaid wrote:I must have missed something or, more like me, could care less about gender, sexuality or the color of their skin.

Exactly. As should everyone. But the NDP is so freaking stupid, they actually institutionalized racism into their nomination procedures. And that's Glacier's point. The NDP's stupid racist policy cost them the Columbia River-Revelstoke Kootenay riding, and probably the entire election.
mr.bandaid
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by mr.bandaid »

mr.bandaid wrote:I must have missed something or, more like me, could care less about gender, sexuality or the color of their skin.

Exactly. As should everyone. But the NDP is so freaking stupid, they actually institutionalized racism into their nomination procedures. And that's Glacier's point. The NDP's stupid racist policy cost them the Columbia River-Revelstoke Kootenay riding, and probably the entire election.

The proverbial "fat lady" has not sung yet. Interesting times ahead possibly.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

George+ wrote:Because that is exactly what happened,
Right after their leader messed up at the debate.
The Cons will only make a small difference in a few ridings this time.

The Liberals must draw Green or NDP support to do well.

Chances of that happening...zero to none.

Well George+, has anyone other than me noticed that you called it well back on April 27th?
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

blame for what exactly ? for winning ? [icon_lol2.gif]
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

maryjane48 wrote:blame for what exactly ? for winning ? [icon_lol2.gif]

winning what?
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

maryjane48 wrote:blame for what exactly ? for winning ? [icon_lol2.gif]

Who won what exactly?

They haven't finished counting ballots yet, so maybe reign in the gloating, particularly since your team is the one losing.
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien

Return to “British Columbia Elections 2017”