Re: Clark supports grizzly trophy hunt

Post by George+ »

Do not vote Green.

They will only eat the hide!
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

Seems a lot of people don't understand the difference between hunting and trophy hunting.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

rustled wrote:Seems a lot of people don't understand the difference between hunting and trophy hunting.

I understand the difference but this was what I was referring to and I think others were as well:
George+ wrote:The grizzly hunt is absolutely archaic.

It keeps tourists away from B.C.

Any returns from the hunt is blood money.
I was clarifying grizzly hunts will still continue.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
George+
Walks on Forum Water

Post by George+ »

Still absolutely archaic.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Why? Good sausages come out of the meat.
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

BeingHuman wrote:More lies from Gone_Fishing; state your source please.

"The BC NDP Opposition has pledged to stop the practice of grizzly bear trophy hunting if it wins the upcoming provincial election."

http://www.news1130.com/2017/03/28/fres ... y-hunting/

December 7, 2016

BC NDP on Grizzly Bear Trophy Hunt Ban

The BC New Democrats recently released their position on the British Columbia Grizzly Bear hunt; a number of questions arose from our membership regarding that release.

Here are the BC New Democrat Party’s answers to questions about the details of their proposed ban submitted by the BCWF to John Horgan, Leader, New Democrat Official Opposition.

QUESTION: Under the new proposed policy would residents of B.C. have opportunity under the LEH system to continue to harvest Grizzly bears?

• Yes. This is not about being opposed to hunting. This is about being opposed to the grizzly bear trophy hunt and only the grizzly bear trophy hunt.

B.C. hunters will continue to have the opportunity under the LEH system to harvest grizzly bear utilizing the entire bear. We will ensure we use science-based decisions to determine the numbers of LEH tags allowed in various areas. If there aren't enough bears there won’t be a hunt and vice versa.

http://bcwf.net/index.php/committees/wi ... allocation
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
BeingHuman
Board Meister

Post by BeingHuman »

Wow, that took a while, and even after all that time, all you could find was that the NDP was OPPOSED to Grizzly Bear TROPHY hunting, but not opposed to BC resident grizzly bear hunting.

Wow, you can't figure out the difference between "TROPHY" hunting and just hunting?

Lame response Gone_Fishin.
Periods of cooperation between political parties shouldn't be taken for granted; they are a stunning human achievement ~ Paul Bloom
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

BeingHuman wrote:Wow, that took a while, and even after all that time, all you could find was that the NDP was OPPOSED to Grizzly Bear TROPHY hunting, but not opposed to BC resident grizzly bear hunting.

Wow, you can't figure out the difference between "TROPHY" hunting and just hunting?

Lame response Gone_Fishin.

Personal attacks on me aside, do you even hunt? Do you know the difference? Can you define "trophy hunt" and what that means to a hunter?

Now that you've been proven wrong, and have to submit that the NDP will still allow grizzly bear hunting as long as the meat is utilized, perhaps an apology for your vitriol spewed my way is in order.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
BeingHuman
Board Meister

Post by BeingHuman »

Personal attack
Last edited by dieseluphammerdown on May 3rd, 2017, 6:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: personal attack
Periods of cooperation between political parties shouldn't be taken for granted; they are a stunning human achievement ~ Paul Bloom
Btfsplck
Fledgling

Post by Btfsplck »

oldtrucker wrote:I used to hunt whitetail in Sask long ago.The comradery and the adrenaline of the hunt.I know.
It's after I pulled the trigger and saw what I had done...I kept telling myself it's for the freezer.

So you're a vegetarian now?
When I bag an animal, I tell myself that it's for the freezer, and then for my grill, and then for my family.
BeingHuman
Board Meister

Post by BeingHuman »

In many cases during Grizzly Bear Trophy hunting, the bear's carcass is left to rot on the ground, they usually take just the head and/or the bears paws... a majestic animal life exchanged for someone's cheap thrill.

"A NHL player has been charged after killing a grizzly bear in B.C. He was expected in court Friday morning. While he did not show, his case has now been put over until Nov. 13.

Clayton Stoner, who is from Port McNeil and plays for the Anaheim Ducks, shot the bear two years ago in the Kwatna River Estuary, just east of Bella Bella.

The five-year-old bear was nicknamed ‘Cheeky’ by local field technicians, and was left to rot in a field in the estuary.

Stoner does not deny shooting the bear and released a statement two years ago when a picture was released online of Stoner holding the severed head of the grizzly."

http://globalnews.ca/news/2225913/nhl-p ... ar-in-b-c/
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

If George+ had stated grizzly trophy hunt and not just grizzly hunt, a lot of comments wouldn't have been made. There is a difference as explained above.
BeingHuman
Board Meister

Post by BeingHuman »

The title of this discussion thread is self explanatory, it has the word "Trophy" in the title... can't help it if the BC Lib-Cons are trying to obfuscate the topic and confuse the discussion by introducing another topic such as non-trophy grizzly bear hunting for BC residents. The two are a separate and different issue.

Clearly, the NDP are AGAINST Grizzly Bear Trophy Hunting and Christy Clark's BC Liberals are in FAVOUR of Grizzly Bear Trophy Hunting. Gee... I wonder if the $60,000 donation from the US Serra Club's trophy hunters had anything to do with the BC Liberal position on this?

http://www.straight.com/news/885131/bc- ... n-campaign

Remember, under the BC Liberals this is Pay to Play BC.
Last edited by BeingHuman on May 3rd, 2017, 9:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

The proposed NDP trophy-hunting ban doesn’t preclude hunting grizzly bears for food or ceremonial purposes.

“It isn’t really a ban,” said B.C. Environment Minister Mary Polak, adding it’s no surprise the New Democrats aren’t promising to stop all grizzly hunting.
BeingHuman
Board Meister

Post by BeingHuman »

Fancy wrote:
The proposed NDP trophy-hunting ban doesn’t preclude hunting grizzly bears for food or ceremonial purposes.

“It isn’t really a ban,” said B.C. Environment Minister Mary Polak, adding it’s no surprise the New Democrats aren’t promising to stop all grizzly hunting.

Again, Mary Polak is talking about grizzly bear hunting NOT grizzly bear TROPHY hunting which the NDP is against but the BC Liberals support!

Question: who can afford to travel the world to trophy hunt? Answer: the filthy rich 1% that the BC Liberals support.

On this issue the NDP support the average BC resident who would hunt grizzly for food and ceremonial purposes, this is NOT what rich trophy hunters would hunt grizzly for.

Return to “British Columbia Elections 2017”