Green S*** Show in Penticton

Discuss the upcoming elections here.
Glacier
Admiral HMS Castanet

Green S*** Show in Penticton

Post by Glacier »

Okay, so this green party lady in Penticton getting raked over the coals for simply stating the obvious that guys are guying you drinks at the bar so they can get inside your pants (when asked why corporate money flowing into political parties is bad). Is the media really ignorant enough to not know guys do this?
"For the first time in history the ineffectiveness of a medicine is being blamed on those who refuse to take it."
~ Dr. Robert Malone
Jflem1983
Guru

Re: Green S*** Show in Penticton

Post by Jflem1983 »

Personally I am so offended by this comment . Painting men and women in a sleazy light . Of course when I offer to buy that pretty young lady a drink . I just want conversation . Someone to spend money on and time with . Furthest thing from my mind is in her pants :135:
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Lemme get this straight, there's a link to this and you're not posting it? Are you sick? Feeling okay Glacier?

And since when do guys buy ladies drinks just for one thing and one thing only?
When it's all and only fun and games, no one needs to censor you. Get close to an ugly truth though...
fluffy
Buddha of the Board

Post by fluffy »

I listened to that on internet radio last night, it was at the all candidates' forum at the Lakeside. The line got a good laugh and a smattering of applause at the time, but somehow I'm not surprised that the media, predators that they are, are taking advantage. She had some good ideas, and shares a level of environmental responsibility that doesn't usually make friends in political circles, especially with a government so closely tied to the corp[orate community. This will be her first big lesson in the way things are.
There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance—that principle is contempt prior to investigation.
fluffy
Buddha of the Board

Post by fluffy »

Queen K wrote:And since when do guys buy ladies drinks just for one thing and one thing only?

I guess it depends on how many drinks are involved, and the cost of each. Some guys might want three or four things. And a couple more in the morning. :)
There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance—that principle is contempt prior to investigation.
Glacier
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by Glacier »

Queen K wrote:Lemme get this straight, there's a link to this and you're not posting it? Are you sick? Feeling okay Glacier?

And since when do guys buy ladies drinks just for one thing and one thing only?

I didn't have a link to it, but for the record, this is not me. I've never done that and never will, and many (most?) guys would not do that either, but in a bar situation some guys do this, which is why a stereotype exists. As Captain Awesome would say, "stereotypes exist because they're true [in general terms]." I know lots of guys who have done this and bragged about it at work, school, etc. It happens all the time, and no, not every guy buying drinks is doing it to score, though, if he's never seen you before, the odds are high that he is.

The analogy works because corporations also give money to buy personal favours. They don't all donate to get a personal kickback, but certainly some do.

EDIT: Here you go: https://okanaganedge.net/2017/04/28/les ... hed-civil/
"For the first time in history the ineffectiveness of a medicine is being blamed on those who refuse to take it."
~ Dr. Robert Malone

Return to “British Columbia Elections 2017”