Developer takes Issue

Discuss the upcoming elections here.
gordon_as
Lord of the Board

Developer takes Issue

Post by gordon_as »

https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/1 ... akes-issue

Gotta love how Castanet runs this on the front page , without opening the comments. Some people who vote based on headlines may never know who Renee Wasylyk is , and what government appointed her to the Board of Directors of Interior Health. There was also a land deal between her (troika) and the government. She is also on Christy Clarks "Womens Economic Council"

Don't have to be a genius to figure out who's bread she butters , and who butters hers.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jflem1983
Guru

Re: Developer takes Issue

Post by Jflem1983 »

Wow . Good digging . I'm so sick of these liberals . I hate the heroin bus . Only thing scarier is an ndp government . I lived here in the 90s . It was skid row compared to now . Richter to butch all along 97 was all Crack shacks . Whole north end was run down . Look now it has all been cleaned up . I give the libs credit there . It's all the backwards social policies that get me . Ndp will only make this worse . In my opinion we need to help old people more and young people less
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
fluffy
Buddha of the Board

Post by fluffy »

So you're saying her points are not valid?
TRADITION: (n.) Peer pressure from dead people.
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

fluffy wrote:So you're saying her points are not valid?

Of course not, just that her opinions as a business woman don't count, because she happens to be a smart successful Liberal.

But one example of a business providing jobs, that the NDP don't like because her thinking isn't in line with theirs.

If she was wearing an orange hardhat they'd be singing her praises.
“We isolate now so when we gather again, no one is missing" - Unknown
gordon_as
Lord of the Board

Post by gordon_as »

Just another one of christy's bought and paid for commercials.
gordon_as
Lord of the Board

Post by gordon_as »

The BC Liberals are going to incent cities to move development permits through more efficiently, increase density, and work to get first-time homebuyers into homes faster."

Gee , nice to hear what the Liberals are "going to do" . Almost like they haven't been the ones in power for the last 15 years .
mr.bandaid
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by mr.bandaid »

I would suggest that the only real concern the developers have is a decrease in their bottom line.
Never argue with an idiot, they will just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
BeingHuman
Board Meister

Post by BeingHuman »

mr.bandaid wrote:I would suggest that the only real concern the developers have is a decrease in their bottom line.

By far, property developers have been the the biggest contributors to the BC Liberal Party. So who benefits when property and housing values sky rocket? I sure hope more people wake up and boot this "pay to play" government out on May 9th.
Periods of cooperation between political parties shouldn't be taken for granted; they are a stunning human achievement ~ Paul Bloom
BeingHuman
Board Meister

Post by BeingHuman »

gordon_as wrote:https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/195691/Developer-takes-issue

Gotta love how Castanet runs this on the front page , without opening the comments. Some people who vote based on headlines may never know who Renee Wasylyk is , and what government appointed her to the Board of Directors of Interior Health. There was also a land deal between her (troika) and the government. She is also on Christy Clarks "Womens Economic Council"

Don't have to be a genius to figure out who's bread she butters , and who butters hers.

Sleezy... why aren't there any health care professionals on the Interior Health Board? Why all the representatives from for-profit Corporations? Wow! The NDP really has it's work cut out when they get elected, after 16 years, corporate interests have permeated most all areas of our public service.
Periods of cooperation between political parties shouldn't be taken for granted; they are a stunning human achievement ~ Paul Bloom
goalie
Übergod

Post by goalie »

Jflem1983 wrote:Wow . Good digging . I'm so sick of these liberals . I hate the heroin bus . Only thing scarier is an ndp government . I lived here in the 90s . It was skid row compared to now . Richter to butch all along 97 was all Crack shacks . Whole north end was run down . Look now it has all been cleaned up . I give the libs credit there . It's all the backwards social policies that get me . Ndp will only make this worse . In my opinion we need to help old people more and young people less

Yes I'm sure it had nothing to do with the booming real estate prices. I mean that condo development on sunset drive was a homeless camp from 2008 until now so I could say their policies sucked from 2007-2012 but now their policies are great again because it got 'cleaned up'. Makes sense.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Real estate prices tend to fall under ndp governments . That's why we bought here it was cheap at the time
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
fluffy
Buddha of the Board

Post by fluffy »

gordon_as wrote:Gee , nice to hear what the Liberals are "going to do" . Almost like they haven't been the ones in power for the last 15 years .

How do you feel about the NDP housing strategy and how it will affect both those seeking affordable housing and any potential burden on the taxpayer?
TRADITION: (n.) Peer pressure from dead people.
goalie
Übergod

Post by goalie »

Jflem1983 wrote:Real estate prices tend to fall under ndp governments .

Right, like the early 1980s
khutchi
Fledgling

Post by khutchi »

fluffy wrote:So you're saying her points are not valid?

I'll say they are not valid. I mean she said "“The only way to positively affect housing affordability is to use political levers to increase supply. " . Even she knows that's not true

Also great digging and posting OP. Very informative :130:
"History is like a slingshot... the more you go back, the further you'll go."
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

castanet supports clark . its pretty clear to see . not allowing comments on the story amounts to a bclib ad :smt045

Return to “British Columbia Elections 2017”