BC libs abandon ghg emissions rules

Discuss the upcoming elections here.
User avatar
JLives
Buddha of the Board
Posts: 18624
Joined: Nov 27th, 2004, 10:53 am

Re: BC libs abandon ghg emissions rules

Post by JLives »

Veovis wrote:So you support a long term plan for improvement, or short term punitive actions for the appearance of "help" ? One is a good plan to change how we do things, and the other just rips money from people that can't afford it.

I think a change in balance for what we use is a great plan, however most of the "solutions" currently tabled are image boosting for a politician and punitive to everyone else.


I support mandates and strict fines for not meeting them. The time has passed for taking soft action on this issue. I don't support carbon taxes and credits as it monetizes the issue and it does hurt low income people the most.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
User avatar
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific
Posts: 61919
Joined: Sep 16th, 2010, 9:13 am

Re: BC libs abandon ghg emissions rules

Post by The Green Barbarian »

BeingHuman wrote:Sorry, not about to argue something like global warming, which has already been proven to be a scientific fact. Alt Rights such as yourself have your ideology, I have my science.


Bad plan. There are opposing sides and there is a vigorous debate. The science is not settled regarding human activities accelerating climate change, or even having any effect on the climate whatsover. Science deniers do not deserve a platform or any resemblance of credibility, and that's why those who use silly terms like "the science is settled" should be ignored or at best laughed at with wild abandon. Losers who say nutty things like this can stay in the bowels of society where they belong, Internet forums and the David Stalin Foundation.

But the discussion regarding the beliefs of the Church of Global Warming are irrelevant. The real question is this - why care about the activities of a few thousand people in Canada and their desire to access a cheap source of energy to heat their homes? Even if one day scientists are able to turn the unproven hypothesis regarding CO2 into a proven scientific fact, why would anyone care about some people in Vancouver burning natural gas? There are so many parts of the world burning coal (like China and India) generating huge amounts of CO2, and yet the brain-less idiots in Vancouver city council want to force people in Canada into massive poverty by denying them access to an extremely cheap fuel source. Why do the Church of Global Warming people hate these poor folk so much? Why can't they just shut up and leave these people alone? Why do they want to control their lives, cause so much needless human suffering, and make absolutely NO difference to their apocalyptic religious predictions? Are they mentally ill? It can't just be pure stupidity. It just can't.

Epistemic insouciance is a casual lack of concern about the facts or an indifference to whether one's statements have any basis in reality. From now on the Liberal Party of Canada will be known as the "Epistemic Insouciance Party of Canada".
User avatar
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific
Posts: 61919
Joined: Sep 16th, 2010, 9:13 am

Re: BC libs abandon ghg emissions rules

Post by The Green Barbarian »

JLives wrote:
I support mandates and strict fines for not meeting them. The time has passed for taking soft action on this issue. .


Even if it makes zero difference? Is it really all about that warm feeling in your tummy? Do you have no heart whatsover???
Epistemic insouciance is a casual lack of concern about the facts or an indifference to whether one's statements have any basis in reality. From now on the Liberal Party of Canada will be known as the "Epistemic Insouciance Party of Canada".
User avatar
JLives
Buddha of the Board
Posts: 18624
Joined: Nov 27th, 2004, 10:53 am

Re: BC libs abandon ghg emissions rules

Post by JLives »

The Green Barbarian wrote:Bad plan. There are opposing sides and there is a vigorous debate. The science is not settled regarding human activities accelerating climate change, or even having any effect on the climate whatsover. Science deniers do not deserve a platform or any resemblance of credibility, and that's why those who use silly terms like "the science is settled" should be ignored or at best laughed at with wild abandon. Losers who say nutty things like this can stay in the bowels of society where they belong, Internet forums and the David Stalin Foundation.

No more of this crap. This is a blatant lie right here. A flat out lie. There most certainly is not. Internet posters not understanding the science or accepting that there is a consensus on this issue among those who study it does not constitute a debate. Bloggers "disagreeing" or trying to "debate" climate science does not mean the science isn't settled. Post your research paper on the topic or sit down. Your opinion is irrelevant, show your facts. This issue relies on them and we already have them on this issue. They've been thouroughly investigated. We've heard your insults and degradation. Show your "facts". https://royalsociety.org/topics-policy/ ... ce-causes/ or go to NASA for more factual information. Climate change IS accelerating due to human activities. We know this. The debate lies in what to do about it. Stop with the lying.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
User avatar
Gone_Fishin
Guru
Posts: 7679
Joined: Sep 6th, 2006, 7:43 am

Re: BC libs abandon ghg emissions rules

Post by Gone_Fishin »

There's no science, there's no consensus on anything. People can stamp their feet, hold their breath, whatever they want, and declare their position to be "so" but that doesn't mean they are right. Taxing poor people into impoverished status so that you can feel good about yourself, while not making any difference whatsoever, is pure stupidity. Moreover, this "make the polluters pay" mantra, when indeed CO2 is not "pollution" and when those costs simply take more money from poor people as prices are increased to cover "polluters paying," is even more insane.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

“I am looking straight at Canadians and being honest the way I always have. We will balance that budget in 2019.” ~ Justin Trudeau
User avatar
Queen K
Queen of the Castle
Posts: 65246
Joined: Jan 31st, 2007, 11:39 am

Re: BC libs abandon ghg emissions rules

Post by Queen K »

Global climate change is indeed happening. It's always happened. That's the problem.
That human activity is accelerating climate change, global warming, desertification, denuding the Earth and altering landscapes is a given in today's scientific community. It's all working together, maybe in ways unseen by the average person.

But as Gone Fishin' has pointed out, what has taxing the people got to do with it? How is the average family paying thousands more per lifetime really assisting with this?

I ask where is that money going? To a space program to save species from Earth? To further government waste in spending and stupid programs?
When it's all and only fun and games, no one needs to censor you. Get close to an ugly truth though...
rustled
Walks on Forum Water
Posts: 14717
Joined: Dec 26th, 2010, 12:47 pm

Re: BC libs abandon ghg emissions rules

Post by rustled »

JLives wrote:
The Green Barbarian wrote:Bad plan. There are opposing sides and there is a vigorous debate. The science is not settled regarding human activities accelerating climate change, or even having any effect on the climate whatsover. Science deniers do not deserve a platform or any resemblance of credibility, and that's why those who use silly terms like "the science is settled" should be ignored or at best laughed at with wild abandon. Losers who say nutty things like this can stay in the bowels of society where they belong, Internet forums and the David Stalin Foundation.

No more of this crap. This is a blatant lie right here. A flat out lie. There most certainly is not. Internet posters not understanding the science or accepting that there is a consensus on this issue among those who study it does not constitute a debate. Bloggers "disagreeing" or trying to "debate" climate science does not mean the science isn't settled. Post your research paper on the topic or sit down. Your opinion is irrelevant, show your facts. This issue relies on them and we already have them on this issue. They've been thouroughly investigated. We've heard your insults and degradation. Show your "facts". https://royalsociety.org/topics-policy/ ... ce-causes/ or go to NASA for more factual information. Climate change IS accelerating due to human activities. We know this. The debate lies in what to do about it. Stop with the lying.

JLives, scientific method cannot prove a hypothesis, only disprove it. This hypothesis of CAGW and its replacement, the hypothesis of CACC, have both been disproved simply by the passage of time. There's ample data to know both hypotheses were flawed. No one, including you or GB or anyone else, has to publish a paper on this topic. The evidence disproving both hypotheses is readily available for all to see.

Surely anyone who truly believes in bettering the lives of others would acknowledge the harm we've already done in our rush to believe those flawed hypotheses.

And surely anyone who truly believes in bettering the lives of others would want to move on to solving the real problems we face.

I'm glad our governments are getting off the bandwagon.
BeingHuman
Board Meister
Posts: 685
Joined: Apr 11th, 2017, 9:18 pm

Re: BC libs abandon ghg emissions rules

Post by BeingHuman »

I might be stating the obvious here, but maybe the BC Liberals are abandoning Green House Gas emission rules because their fossil fuel company overlords are telling them to?

I have not been able to find last year’s (2016) contributions Alta Gas Ltd has made to the BC Liberal Party, what I have been able to find is their contributions from 2009 to 2015, it’s an impressive list. They started off slow making only 2 or 3 contributions per year to the BC Liberals, but started getting serious in 2013.

I have shortened a very long link, to a smaller url, which should work.

http://tinyurl.com/hlol7cy
Periods of cooperation between political parties shouldn't be taken for granted; they are a stunning human achievement ~ Paul Bloom
User avatar
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water
Posts: 11728
Joined: May 6th, 2009, 10:49 am

Re: BC libs abandon ghg emissions rules

Post by Rwede »

BeingHuman wrote:I might be stating the obvious here, but maybe the BC Liberals are abandoning Green House Gas emission rules because their fossil fuel company overlords are telling them to?

I have not been able to find last year’s (2016) contributions Alta Gas Ltd has made to the BC Liberal Party, what I have been able to find is their contributions from 2009 to 2015, it’s an impressive list. They started off slow making only 2 or 3 contributions per year to the BC Liberals, but started getting serious in 2013.

I have shortened a very long link, to a smaller url, which should work.

http://tinyurl.com/hlol7cy


What's your point? That the NDP is not only a failure at governing, but that they suck at fundraising too?

ALTAGAS LTD 2012/06/13 $1,400.00 2 BC NDP POLITICAL PARTY BC NDP
ALTAGAS LTD 2012/09/18 $5,000.00 2 BC NDP POLITICAL PARTY BC NDP
ALTAGAS LTD 2013/02/25 $2,500.00 2 BC NDP POLITICAL PARTY BC NDP
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
User avatar
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific
Posts: 61919
Joined: Sep 16th, 2010, 9:13 am

Re: BC libs abandon ghg emissions rules

Post by The Green Barbarian »

BeingHuman wrote:I might be stating the obvious here, but maybe the BC Liberals are abandoning Green House Gas emission rules because their fossil fuel company overlords are telling them to?


another reason could be that these stupid rules hurt poor people and do no good to anyone, and the only people who think that they should be enforced and cause mass human suffering are clued-out zealots of a failed Global warming religion. That could be a big part of it too.
Epistemic insouciance is a casual lack of concern about the facts or an indifference to whether one's statements have any basis in reality. From now on the Liberal Party of Canada will be known as the "Epistemic Insouciance Party of Canada".
User avatar
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific
Posts: 61919
Joined: Sep 16th, 2010, 9:13 am

Re: BC libs abandon ghg emissions rules

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Queen K wrote:Global climate change is indeed happening. It's always happened. That's the problem.
That human activity is accelerating climate change, global warming, desertification, denuding the Earth and altering landscapes is a given in today's scientific community. It's all working together, maybe in ways unseen by the average person.


I disagree with the above, but I do so respectfully, and bow to the Queen. See Global Warming zealots? This is how it's done.

But as Gone Fishin' has pointed out, what has taxing the people got to do with it? How is the average family paying thousands more per lifetime really assisting with this?

I ask where is that money going? To a space program to save species from Earth? To further government waste in spending and stupid programs?


10 out of 10. These are questions that need to be answered, but you'll never see a Church of Global Warming acolyte answer them. It's just a full out war on cheap energy and the complete desire to punish the poor in the name of their failed religion. Just so horrible and disgusting.
Epistemic insouciance is a casual lack of concern about the facts or an indifference to whether one's statements have any basis in reality. From now on the Liberal Party of Canada will be known as the "Epistemic Insouciance Party of Canada".
User avatar
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific
Posts: 61919
Joined: Sep 16th, 2010, 9:13 am

Re: BC libs abandon ghg emissions rules

Post by The Green Barbarian »

JLives wrote:No more of this crap. .


No - no more of your bullying. No more of your lying. Everyone here that isn't completely brain-washed by the Man-made climate change zealots, watch the video with Patrick Moore I posted earlier. Watch, and learn.
Epistemic insouciance is a casual lack of concern about the facts or an indifference to whether one's statements have any basis in reality. From now on the Liberal Party of Canada will be known as the "Epistemic Insouciance Party of Canada".
User avatar
JLives
Buddha of the Board
Posts: 18624
Joined: Nov 27th, 2004, 10:53 am

Re: BC libs abandon ghg emissions rules

Post by JLives »

The Green Barbarian wrote:No - no more of your bullying. No more of your lying. Everyone here that isn't completely brain-washed by the Man-made climate change zealots, watch the video with Patrick Moore I posted earlier. Watch, and learn.


Youtube videos ARE NOT SCIENCE. Here is your science: https://climate.nasa.gov/ Studied, peer reviewed and reported by actual climate scientists. From around the world in both public and private backgrounds. Stop hijacking these discussions with your garbage propaganda. The discussion is what to do about it. We KNOW it is occurring. There is NO debate. No more lies, take it to the conspiracy forum where it belongs.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
User avatar
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board
Posts: 17124
Joined: May 28th, 2010, 7:58 pm

Re: BC libs abandon ghg emissions rules

Post by maryjane48 »

sports players breathe pure o2 . they seem to live and o2 isnt a asphixiant . co2 is though
User avatar
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific
Posts: 61919
Joined: Sep 16th, 2010, 9:13 am

Re: BC libs abandon ghg emissions rules

Post by The Green Barbarian »

JLives wrote:
Youtube videos ARE NOT SCIENCE. .


Oh good grief. More excuses to avoid hearing anything that conflicts with your confirmation bias and religion. What else is new. For all others out there that aren't brain-washed zealots of the Church of Global Warming - check out the video with Patrick Moore.

And for everyone, including the brain-washed zealots and acolytes of the Church of Global Warming - please answer Queen K's questions. At least try. I realize that any deviation from the accepted mantras could result in your expulsion from the Church due to heresy, but come on, try it once in awhile. Challenge the reams of BS you've been fed. Ask yourself, do you really want to be responsible for millions of people suffering in fuel poverty, all for an unproven hypothesis? For no good whatsoever to mankind?? Are you really this horrible of a person? I don't think so.
Epistemic insouciance is a casual lack of concern about the facts or an indifference to whether one's statements have any basis in reality. From now on the Liberal Party of Canada will be known as the "Epistemic Insouciance Party of Canada".

Return to “British Columbia Elections 2017”