BC Liberal Government vs the environment

Discuss the upcoming elections here.
BeingHuman
Board Meister

Re: BC Liberal Government vs the environment

Post by BeingHuman »

Speaking of charity, can anyone spare some toilet paper? Some lugnuts for tires perhaps? Anyone?

”They don’t have travel dollars, so they pool vehicles,” said Chris Bradshaw from the BCGEU. “They have Park Rangers sleeping in trucks because their travel allowances have been cut back — there’s no money for hotels.”

In 2001, the annual park budget was about $41 million. Today, it’s down to $31 million.

“You still want to make sure you know what’s happening with logging, poaching and ATVs,” said Barlee. “Park Rangers were having a hard time getting money for toilet paper, lumber and lug nuts for repairs — they even thought about renting dirt bikes.”

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-c ... -1.3661583

HOW ABSOLUTELY PATHETIC!!! This BC Liberal Government should hang its head in SHAME!!!
Periods of cooperation between political parties shouldn't be taken for granted; they are a stunning human achievement ~ Paul Bloom
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

Gwen Barlee is a policy director with the Wilderness Committee. :135:
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

More rangers part of new $35-million investment in B.C. parks

BRIAN MORTON

Published on: February 2, 2017 | Last Updated: February 2, 2017 4:35 PM PDT

The B.C. government will invest an additional $35 million in parks over the next three years, partly to hire 25 more full-time park rangers.

The funding, which was announced Thursday, will also be used for new programs to promote and protect the natural environment, and provide an initial endowment for a new B.C. Parks Foundation.

Twenty-five-million dollars will go directly to B.C. Parks operations and the remaining $10 million will go to the foundation to help generate private revenue.

Park ranger duties include maintaining trails and campsites, monitoring wildlife habitats and ensuring visitors are aware of the risks posed by dangerous animals such as bears and cougars.

“We are encouraged by the immediate investment in the B.C. Parks Foundation and the three-year funding commitment for conserving the diversity of fish, wildlife and their habitats in B.C. Parks,” said B.C. Wildlife Federation president Jim Glaicar in a statement. “This is a major step toward a sustainable funding model for the system.”

SNIPPPPPPPPPPPP

Other conservation initiatives helped through the funding include a Discover B.C. Parks program, including online activities and projects for children; opening parks to universities and climate-related agencies as living laboratories; and enhancing community and volunteer involvement through new community liaison rangers.

The additional money is part of the B.C. Parks Future Strategy, announced in November.

According to the province, B.C.’s provincial parks get more than 23 million visits each year.

The province said it’s also investing $22.9 million to build 1,900 new campsites in provincial parks and recreation sites.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
BeingHuman
Board Meister

Post by BeingHuman »

In 2001, there were 27 full-time park rangers in the province. Today there are 11, patrolling more than 13 million hectares between them. Thanks for showing your concern for our environment BC Liberals!!! Don't let the door hit you on your way out!
Periods of cooperation between political parties shouldn't be taken for granted; they are a stunning human achievement ~ Paul Bloom
lasnomadas
Übergod

Post by lasnomadas »

I wonder what kind of salaries Christy is paying her online influencers these days. Far more than they're worth, obviously. The last submission came in at 3:48p.m. Either their shifts end a 4p.m. or they've admitted defeat.

Excellent research, 'BeingHuman'!
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

BeingHuman wrote:Don't let the door hit you on your way out!

Why would they be on their way out? Who would be taking their place?
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
EZGuy

Post by EZGuy »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on May 3rd, 2017, 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic

Return to “British Columbia Elections 2017”