$1 Trillion Prosperity Fund, 100,000 LNG Jobs Liberal Myth

Discuss the upcoming elections here.
BeingHuman
Board Meister

$1 Trillion Prosperity Fund, 100,000 LNG Jobs Liberal Myth

Post by BeingHuman »

In 2013, Pamela Martin; BC Liberals' Director of Engagement and Liaison to B.C. Premier Christy Clark was selling the $1 Trillion Dollar Prosperity Fund "bonanza" to come from all that LNG revenue... WHAT HAPPENED? Where are all those jobs???

https://twitter.com/pamelamartin_bc/sta ... 10?lang=en
Periods of cooperation between political parties shouldn't be taken for granted; they are a stunning human achievement ~ Paul Bloom
gordon_as
Lord of the Board

Re: $1 Trillion Prosperity Fund, 100,000 LNG Jobs Liberal My

Post by gordon_as »

Didn't the experts conclude that there would be 300 to 400 permanent jobs , not 100,000 ?
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

BeingHuman wrote:In 2013, Pamela Martin; BC Liberals' Director of Engagement and Liaison to B.C. Premier Christy Clark was selling the $1 Trillion Dollar Prosperity Fund "bonanza" to come from all that LNG revenue... WHAT HAPPENED? Where are all those jobs???

https://twitter.com/pamelamartin_bc/sta ... 10?lang=en

If you know of any NDP member, who can 100% accurately predict the price of any commodity, five years in advance, bring him on, otherwise I'd tone it down a notch.
Last edited by Urban Cowboy on May 2nd, 2017, 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“We isolate now so when we gather again, no one is missing" - Unknown
BeingHuman
Board Meister

Post by BeingHuman »

gordon_as wrote:Didn't the experts conclude that there would be 300 to 400 permanent jobs , not 100,000 ?

Just going with Christy's last election promises gordon_as; "The Liberals and Christy Clark campaigned in 2013 on a promise that LNG development would generate 100,000 jobs. They also said B.C. would be able to pay off all its debts with the money LNG generates, while also creating a $100-billion prosperity fund with LNG money."

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-c ... -1.3459806

You would not believe how many IDIOTS bought that pie-in-the-sky CRAP and actually voted for them!!!
Periods of cooperation between political parties shouldn't be taken for granted; they are a stunning human achievement ~ Paul Bloom
lasnomadas
Übergod

Post by lasnomadas »

^^It'll be different this time. The only BC Liberal seats will be won in the Okanagan. The other 82 will go to either the NDP, the Greens, or independent candidates.
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

lasnomadas wrote:^^It'll be different this time. The only BC Liberal seats will be won in the Okanagan. The other 82 will go to either the NDP, the Greens, or independent candidates.

Said just like the last 4 elections. We WIN we WIN long before the votes are cast.

Who knows how this one ends but this mentality has always been a one sided event
goalie
Übergod

Post by goalie »

Old Techie wrote:
If you know of any NDP member, who can 100% accurately predict the price of any commodity, five years in advance, bring him on, otherwise I'd tone it down a notch.

If only the Liberals had gotten your sage advice back in 2013.
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

goalie wrote:
Old Techie wrote:

If only the Liberals had gotten your sage advice back in 2013.

True enough.

I think to put it mildly they were being a bit over enthusiastic and that can come back to bite one in the hind quarters, as it sort of has. I do believe there will be some jobs and money in LNG but not to the tune of trillions, and probably not tomorrow.

I'm still grateful though that the Liberals brought us through the crash as relatively unscathed as they have.

I also believe Site "C" is looking to the future and rightly so.
lasnomadas
Übergod

Post by lasnomadas »

Site C is dead......... Mark my words.
BeingHuman
Board Meister

Post by BeingHuman »

A very good article on the Christy Clark / BC Liberal LNG "Sham".

http://powellriverpersuader.blogspot.co ... pixie.html
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

lasnomadas wrote:Site C is dead......... Mark my words.

Oh trust me I have marked them......................... as meaningless.
BeingHuman
Board Meister

Post by BeingHuman »

Christy Clark and the BC Liberals "over promising" on LNG are the operative words here!

"On LNG, it is clear the government over-promised when it talked about five LNG plants by 2020 and a vast new prosperity fund largely financed with LNG-related revenue streams," said Jock Finlayson, executive vice-president and chief policy officer for the Business Council of BC.” ~ Nelson Bennett/ Business in Vancouver, May 2, 2017

Return to “British Columbia Elections 2017”