A 'Change Election'

Discuss the upcoming elections here.
world2change

A 'Change Election'

Post by world2change »

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#195997

Yup... voting for more BC Liberals would meet the definition of insanity.
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Re: A 'Change Election'

Post by Urban Cowboy »

world2change wrote:https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-story-195997-10-.htm#195997

I disagree. I view the definition of insanity as voting the NDP in again, and expecting a different outcome from their last kick at the cat.

All a smart voter need do, is look at the crucial statistics at stats canada for themselves, and tune out all the rhetoric from all party cheerleaders.

Look them up for all the 1990's and then the 2000's up to current. Take note of things like how the population growth was higher back then, compared to now, thus should have fostered a better economy, yet didn't.

Look at the unemployment statistics and by all means pick the NDP's best numbers, and compare them to today's 5.1%

It's easy enough to do a little read and see who is blowing smoke.
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
lasnomadas
Übergod

Post by lasnomadas »

Was the NDP even mentioned in that article? No. I have to laugh every time I read the desperate cries from the BC Liberal supporters. They're so afraid of the NDP, they don't even realize the Green Party's going to be stealing most of the Okanagan votes from the BC Liberal party.
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

lasnomadas wrote:Was the NDP even mentioned in that article? No. I have to laugh every time I read the desperate cries from the BC Liberal supporters. They're so afraid of the NDP, they don't even realize the Green Party's going to be stealing most of the Okanagan votes from the BC Liberal party.

Much like every threat about the comments of Horgan that get ignored and replied with "but but Christy"

You can't call fear of one side when you are guilty of the same.
Drip_Torch
Guru

Post by Drip_Torch »

world2change wrote:https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-story-195997-10-.htm#195997

Hmm... Wright

[icon_lol2.gif]
Drip Torch - an upright and steadfast keeper of the flame, but when tilted sideways the contents spill and then our destiny is in the wind...
world2change

Post by world2change »

Old Techie wrote:

I disagree. I view the definition of insanity as voting the NDP in again, and expecting a different outcome from their last kick at the cat.

All a smart voter need do, is look at the crucial statistics at stats canada for themselves, and tune out all the rhetoric from all party cheerleaders.

Look them up for all the 1990's and then the 2000's up to current. Take note of things like how the population growth was higher back then, compared to now, thus should have fostered a better economy, yet didn't.

Look at the unemployment statistics and by all means pick the NDP's best numbers, and compare them to today's 5.1%

It's easy enough to do a little read and see who is blowing smoke.

You need to read the Green Party Platform. There's no need to settle for the same old poor choices. Voters are precisely tired of these same battles between the BC Liberals and BC NDP.
George+
Walks on Forum Water

Post by George+ »

Vote Green and I guarantee you will get Christy Clark, again.
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

George+ wrote:Vote Green and I guarantee you will get Christy Clark, again.

What's the problem there George, getting nervous? Have 2013 flashbacks begun? [icon_lol2.gif]

Perhaps those who wish to vote Green are sick of the Liberals and your party.

If there's any fear mongering to be done, it should be regarding another possible NDP government, particularly since hardly anyone other than NDP faithful stuck in denial, would argue that we don't have a healthy economy.

If the goal is to attain true change, then it's the Green Party that is the only one who hasn't yet had an opportunity to show their stuff, hence that would be the only true definition of change.

The NDP hasn't changed at all, the more Horgan speaks, the more we see parallels to the 1990's, and since we've already lived those, there's really no need for a repeat.
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

Great! Anybody but the NDP.

The big change needed in BC is to finally wise up and dump the polarizing NDP. That way some rational alternatives could come to the fore. We tried before - after the mess the 1990s NDP created we saw them get thumped 77-2, but the same players, Dix and Horgan just keep coming back around. I just wish they would do us all a favor and go away.

The Green party has a far better platform, far better people. The BC Libs have a better platform, and people that are proven competent.

But oh no. We are offered the the NDP with an "elastic" platform that does not add up fiscally, won't actually make things better for folks (e.g. you are a parent with small kids and need help with daycare - the NDP "elastic" platform will give you that in 10 years - when your kids are starting high school lol).

Time for NDP to go extinct so we have better choices, that is the change I want to see.

Vote Green, vote Liberal, vote independent, vote Rhinoceros - doesn't matter - but please don't vote NDP.
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
gordon_as
Lord of the Board

Post by gordon_as »

Old Techie wrote: and since we've already lived those, there's really no need for a repeat.

And we have lived through 15 years of Liberal Corruption , there's really no need to extend it and give them the mandate to become even MORE corrupt. (if that's even possible)
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

There's nothing wrong with change, as long as it's a change for the better. Here we are, a week before polling day, and the Liberals are still hollering "Jobs, jobs, jobs" and the NDP are still hollering "Let's get her!".

I predict an impressive showing by the Greens, definitely not enough to form a government, probably not even enough to form the opposition, but their best showing to date. The reason for that is that the other parties are both firmly rooted in "same old" and the urgency of environmental concerns is growing at a faster rate than government concerns for same. Ditto for economic issues like income disparity and housing costs, and the boomer shift. That being said, we're likely headed for a minority government which is going to make getting ahead even tougher for the next four years at least.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

lasnomadas wrote:They're so afraid of the NDP, they don't even realize the Green Party's going to be stealing most of the Okanagan votes from the BC Liberal party.

HA HA HA oh man, that made me laugh.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

George+ wrote:Vote Green and I guarantee you will get Christy Clark, again.

Then Vote Green everyone!
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

gordon_as wrote:
And we have lived through 15 years of Liberal Corruption , there's really no need to extend it and give them the mandate to become even MORE corrupt. (if that's even possible)

If you really care about corruption then, you will be voting Green, as you'd be a giant hypocrite if you voted NDP.
lasnomadas
Übergod

Post by lasnomadas »

It's coming up 17 years of BC Liberal corruption and incompetence. If they aren't gone on May 9, we're in for a world of hurt.......much worse than what we've experienced so far.

Return to “British Columbia Elections 2017”