Greens/Weaver May Prop Up Liberals

Discuss the upcoming elections here.
George+
Walks on Forum Water

Greens/Weaver May Prop Up Liberals

Post by George+ »

It is remarkable that Andrew Weaver would even consider propping up the Liberals.
Green voters need to consider this carefully.
George+
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Greens/Weaver May Prop Up Liberals

Post by George+ »

Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

George+ wrote:It is remarkable that Andrew Weaver would even consider propping up the Liberals.

Andrew Weaver made it clear at the debate that the party with more seats than the others, in a minority situation, would get the first chance to govern. So you don't think that Weaver should respect the decision of the voters?? Hulk Horgan has exploded on him numerous times while Christy Clark and Weaver have sat down for pleasant conversations. Clearly, he would prefer to work with Clark because Horgan makes it very difficult. If Horgan has more seats than the Liberals I'm sure Weaver will try working with him but I don't blame him for being reluctant.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

George+ wrote:http://theprovince.com/news/bc-politics/ndps-last-minute-plea-dont-vote-green-if-you-want-rid-of-christy-clark

Interesting...
Not really. Smyth is trying to help the NDP but telling people not to vote for the party that they agree with the most seems rather undemocratic to me. If those of you on the left want real change you should vote Green and not vote NDP. I'm not a fan but don't you like David Suzuki, George? He's endorsed the Greens and that will influence some people to vote that way.
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

George+ wrote:It is remarkable that Andrew Weaver would even consider propping up the Liberals.

Just as they should carefully consider the author of this message, and his motives, given that you are and have been an NDP shill for eons, thus your suggestion is purely self serving and biased.

I detect some 2013 deja vu.
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

The Green party has a better platform, and a better leader. The NDP should be worried, they have a nonsensical platform and a poor leader.

I found it telling when Keith Baldry interviewed Andrew Weaver, that Weaver reluctantly admitted that Horgan "had exploded on him" several times. Leaders don't "explode on people". To me, that is the final nail in determining what I suspected - that Horgan would make a terrible premier.
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Post by Hassel99 »

Meh, makes sense to me.

Most folks would rather be shot in the foot than in the face.

The Liberal suck, but the NDP are dangerous.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Consider it carefully and still vote Green you mean? What else would they vote?
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
George+
Walks on Forum Water

Post by George+ »

Weaver will lose solid Green voters for suggesting he could prop up Clark.

What if the major parties are tied?
world2change

Post by world2change »

Weaver won't lose Green supporters because Green supporters come from Liberals and NDP. They are not entrenched in ideology and partisanship but good policy. Propping up either party will allow the Greens to bring sensible policy and filter the union and corporate interest on either side. To be a minority with Greens on either side is a win for BC. A majority from either the other two is a disaster scenario.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

George+ wrote:Weaver will lose solid Green voters for suggesting he could prop up Clark.

Why would he lose support? Who is he supposed to prop up? The NDP? Gross!!
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

world2change wrote: They are not entrenched in ideology and partisanship but good policy. .

This is where we differ on the Watermelon Party. Like all parties, the Watermelons are definitely entrenched in ideology, or in this case an actual religion, the Church of Global Warming. Their policies of taxing people making over $108,000 is neither fair nor equitable and least of all "good". I would say it's the opposite of "good" in fact. But that aside, if you can't bring yourself to vote Liberal, at least make your vote count and don't vote NDP. Any vote that isn't NDP is a good one.
George+
Walks on Forum Water

Post by George+ »

Just think.....about the Greens supporting the Liberal party
Of Site C and Deas Island bridge...Suzuki will be screaming!
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

George+ wrote:Weaver will lose solid Green voters for suggesting he could prop up Clark.

If the parties are tied I would think that Weaver would try to work with the person who has been civil and not the person who has exploded on him.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

George+ wrote:Suzuki will be screaming!

So what. He's always screaming. The only thing that changes is which one of his four houses he is screaming from.

Return to “British Columbia Elections 2017”