Mayors Endorse Letnick - Seriously?

Discuss the upcoming elections here.
User avatar
khutchi
Fledgling
Posts: 156
Joined: Sep 2nd, 2015, 3:36 pm

Re: Mayors endorse Letnick

Post by khutchi »

dryder wrote:And Baker does it again. It's incredibly irresponsible for a sitting Mayor to endorse a provincial or federal candidate when they may well have to work with someone else!! He endorsed Cannan, who lost... doing a great disservice to Lake Country residents. And now the "old boys" network strikes again. He has inadvertently added to the argument for change!

https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/1 ... se-Letnick


As much i'd like to know who all our city council voted for, i agree it is so reckless to publicly endorse a candidate when you hold public office. Who would vote for a mayor with this kinda judgement in the first place?
"History is like a slingshot... the more you go back, the further you'll go."
User avatar
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board
Posts: 15142
Joined: Nov 24th, 2009, 5:15 pm

Re: Mayors endorse Letnick

Post by MAPearce »

Jflem1983 wrote:Norm was out filling sandbags yesterday . I'm no liberal . I'll tip my hat to Mr Letnick . . Good heart on him


Yeah , yeah ... You call it "helping" .. I call it KISSING @$$.

Liberals have to go . Vote far right ... Vote BC Conservative.
I payed attention in High school....But I didn't need too .
User avatar
Urban Cowboy
Guru
Posts: 7526
Joined: Apr 27th, 2013, 3:47 pm

Re: Mayors Endorse Letnick - Seriously?

Post by Urban Cowboy »

George+ wrote:NDP really piling it up now.


Oh that's nothing new George. The NDP has been "piling it up" for decades.

BTW George it appears Andrew Weaver has your number down pat....

"The argument about the vote split is a form of voter suppression," said Weaver, a scientist who has taught at the University of Victoria. "It's actually a very clever tactic, because what it does is rile up the (party) base and it turns off everybody else. But if people vote for what they want, we know we can win."

Weaver said the Greens' refusal to accept political donations from corporations and unions appeals to voters who hear the NDP and Liberals "argue over who is the least bought off."


I like him!
“We isolate now so when we gather again, no one is missing" - Unknown
world2change
Posts: 81
Joined: Sep 18th, 2007, 7:45 pm

Re: Mayors endorse Letnick

Post by world2change »

Jflem1983 wrote:Norm was out filling sandbags yesterday . I'm no liberal . I'll tip my hat to Mr Letnick . . Good heart on him


That's good electioneering for Norm. Simply, we can't afford another four years of BC Liberals when a viable BC Green alternative has emerged.
User avatar
Jflem1983
Guru
Posts: 5785
Joined: Aug 23rd, 2015, 11:38 am

Re: Mayors endorse Letnick

Post by Jflem1983 »

MAPearce wrote:
Jflem1983 wrote:Norm was out filling sandbags yesterday . I'm no liberal . I'll tip my hat to Mr Letnick . . Good heart on him


Yeah , yeah ... You call it "helping" .. I call it KISSING @$$.

Liberals have to go . Vote far right ... Vote BC Conservative.



Oh I did vote for Chuck . Still can't fault a good hearted man for getting out and helping. Good to see
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
EZGuy
Posts: 58
Joined: Apr 11th, 2009, 5:50 am

Re: Mayors Endorse Letnick - Seriously?

Post by EZGuy »

Let's replace the liberals with people who actually work and not skim.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2017/05/03 ... 07718.html
User avatar
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific
Posts: 60297
Joined: Sep 16th, 2010, 9:13 am

Re: Mayors endorse Letnick

Post by The Green Barbarian »

world2change wrote:
That's good electioneering for Norm. Simply, we can't afford another four years of BC Liberals when a viable BC Green alternative has emerged.


A viable Green option has emerged? Where? What's their taxation policy again? Aren't they wanting to raise carbon taxes? How is that "viable"?
LET'S GO BRANDON!

Justin Trudeau is a blight on our once great country.
User avatar
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific
Posts: 60297
Joined: Sep 16th, 2010, 9:13 am

Re: Mayors Endorse Letnick - Seriously?

Post by The Green Barbarian »

EZGuy wrote:Let's replace the liberals with people who actually work and not skim.


so who would that be?
LET'S GO BRANDON!

Justin Trudeau is a blight on our once great country.
User avatar
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water
Posts: 11728
Joined: May 6th, 2009, 10:49 am

Re: Mayors Endorse Letnick - Seriously?

Post by Rwede »

Irrespective of his political party, there's not one person that can disparage Norm Letnick's work ethic.

The guy lives and breathes his job. He's at as many public events as possible to represent government. And he has done a tonne of great work to help the agriculture industry.

If the NDP candidates did half as much work as Norm Letnick, they might have a fighting chance. However, I haven't seen one of them rolling up his/her sleeves to help out with the floods. Poor showing, IMO.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
lasnomadas
Übergod
Posts: 1296
Joined: Jun 3rd, 2008, 11:41 am

Re: Mayors Endorse Letnick - Seriously?

Post by lasnomadas »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on May 8th, 2017, 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic
User avatar
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific
Posts: 60297
Joined: Sep 16th, 2010, 9:13 am

Re: Mayors Endorse Letnick - Seriously?

Post by The Green Barbarian »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on May 8th, 2017, 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: response to off topic post
LET'S GO BRANDON!

Justin Trudeau is a blight on our once great country.
lasnomadas
Übergod
Posts: 1296
Joined: Jun 3rd, 2008, 11:41 am

Re: Mayors Endorse Letnick - Seriously?

Post by lasnomadas »

I believe the topic is 'Mayor Endorses Letnick', GB. Nowhere have you addressed this. I never doubted for a minute who you would vote for, but it would be a refreshing change if you used some different insulting adjectives to trash the NDP.
User avatar
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific
Posts: 60297
Joined: Sep 16th, 2010, 9:13 am

Re: Mayors Endorse Letnick - Seriously?

Post by The Green Barbarian »

lasnomadas wrote:I believe the topic is 'Mayor Endorses Letnick', GB. Nowhere have you addressed this.


Addressed what? Good for the mayors! Considering that their other options were the NDP or the Greens, they made the right choice.

, but it would be a refreshing change if you used some different insulting adjectives to trash the NDP.


Right back at ya regarding Christy Clark and Norm Letnick. We had NDP nincompoops here blathering on about Letnick's cowboy hat. It doesn't get anymore nutso than that. You know what a refreshing change would be? The NDP supporters here giving us actual reasons to vote NDP, rather than not vote Liberal. I do commend George for giving us lists of reasons why he is voting NDP, even though I disagree with pretty much every single item on his list, especially the $10 daycare and the massive tax hikes. I also would like an NDP'er to explain to me how raising carbon taxes on my natural gas bill is the same as "freezing utility costs" as that seems to be the polar opposite of freezing my utility bill. These are all things I wish the NDP would focus on fixing/making better, rather than constantly and lazily crying about how bad the Liberals are. That's not a reason to vote NDP.
LET'S GO BRANDON!

Justin Trudeau is a blight on our once great country.
User avatar
Urbane
Buddha of the Board
Posts: 22697
Joined: Jul 8th, 2007, 7:41 pm

Re: Mayors Endorse Letnick - Seriously?

Post by Urbane »

    The Green Barbarian wrote:I do commend George for giving us lists of reasons why he is voting NDP, even though I disagree with pretty much every single item on his list, especially the $10 daycare and the massive tax hikes.

Agreed. George and I don't see eye to eye on most of the issues but he did step up and actually provide a list of reasons why he is voting NDP. It's been like pulling teeth to get any other NDP supporters to do that.
George+
Walks on Forum Water
Posts: 10008
Joined: Oct 10th, 2011, 12:08 pm

Re: Mayors Endorse Letnick - Seriously?

Post by George+ »

Tax hikes was not on my list.

Norm is only a few photos behind M's. Photo Op.

He did not appear at all in JOe Rich during a non election flooding year.

Return to “British Columbia Elections 2017”