Media Manipulation of Election.

Discuss the upcoming elections here.
A_Britishcolumbian
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Media Manipulation of Election.

Post by A_Britishcolumbian »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on May 10th, 2017, 10:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: response to off topic post
I'm not worried what I say, if they see it now or they see it later, I said it. If you don't know maybe that would hurt you, I don't know. You should know though, so you don't get hurt, so you know what side to be on when it happens.
T.Tsarnaev
Jx3
Übergod

Post by Jx3 »

A_Britishcolumbian wrote:why is it the 'media' cannot seem to report truthfully and/or accurately on this subject?

Perhaps because they are human and make mistakes occasionally? Or maybe it's much bigger than that and there's some big intergalactic conspiracy going on??
A_Britishcolumbian
Grand Pooh-bah

recall, christy got elected last time just a week after claiming 'al qeda' inspired terrorists planted 'bombs' at the 'legislature' building in victoria.

it wasn't until after voting day that we heard that was a bunch of lies.

we are just a few weeks shy of 4 years now, and for some reason there is no media report of how or when the 'premier' or bcliberals decided to let the rcmp/csis carry out their 'bombing'.

there is no example of any media confronting clark on the issue.

there is no explanation for why the primary victims of the hoax, korody and nuttall's apartment and possessions were allowed to be opened to the media and public, to be scrutinized and displaced.

there is no evidence of anyone being called to account on that point.

so, if that is not evidence of either complete incompetence or complete complicity, or both, on the media's part, i can't imagine what more you would need.

the rcmp don't hold the bcliberals accountable, the media doesn't hold the bcliberals accountable, and maybe 1 in 5 of eligible voters choose them to lead.
I'm not worried what I say, if they see it now or they see it later, I said it. If you don't know maybe that would hurt you, I don't know. You should know though, so you don't get hurt, so you know what side to be on when it happens.
T.Tsarnaev
A_Britishcolumbian
Grand Pooh-bah

if the 'media' is real, doing their job, i would think that the next week and a bit is the perfect time to be asking these important questions.
the politicians don't have anything else more important to do for sure now.
T.Tsarnaev
lasnomadas
Übergod

Post by lasnomadas »

The BC MSM has always tried to manipulate elections, but never has it been more obvious than this time. Baldrey has always been a Christy cheerleader, and has even raised more than a few eyebrows over that, and the Sun and Province editors endorsing the BC Liberals last week didn't surprise me in the least. Then it even filters down to the municipaal level when a couple of Okanagan mayors blatantly endorsed the BC Liberal candidates as well.

What's surprising is that the BC Liberals didn't lose more than 4 seats.......so far.
Jx3
Übergod

Post by Jx3 »

A_Britishcolumbian wrote:recall, christy got elected last time just a week after claiming 'al qeda' inspired terrorists planted 'bombs' at the 'legislature' building in victoria.

Going to kick myself for asking but are you suggesting that the supposed terrorist plot helped Christy Clark win her seat in the by-election held in July 2013?

Christy could have planted the pressure cookers herself and still won her seat in Kelowna - West!
Jx3
Übergod

Post by Jx3 »

lasnomadas wrote:The BC MSM has always tried to manipulate elections, but never has it been more obvious than this time. Baldrey has always been a Christy cheerleader, and has even raised more than a few eyebrows over that, and the Sun and Province editors endorsing the BC Liberals last week didn't surprise me in the least. Then it even filters down to the municipaal level when a couple of Okanagan mayors blatantly endorsed the BC Liberal candidates as well.

What does Okanagan Mayors endorsing candidates have to do with the BC MSM?

lasnomadas wrote:What's surprising is that the BC Liberals didn't lose more than 4 seats.......so far.

Agreed. It's really a testament to just how truly awful the NDP really are that they can't even pull of a win against the BC Liberals and their 16 years of scandals and baggage. The Libs would have been decimated if there was a truly viable alternative to them.
A_Britishcolumbian
Grand Pooh-bah

i am suggesting that the answer to your questions, the topic of this thread, is legitimate.

by pushing false ideas, and ignoring real issues, the media has let down the public and instead serves the 'government' political machine.

do they do this because every msm employee is corrupt and or incompetent? no. the owners and editorial/managerial staff are the principle corrupt culprits, and biased, phoney reporting and under reporting is the result.

if we had the answers to when the decision was made and who made the decision to allow the rcmp to do a play on the legislature lawn that featured fake bombs and the illegal confinement of two people for years, maybe this election would have turned out very different.

recall that 'play' cost the taxpayers millions of dollars, and counting, and as well tasked thousands of rcmp members and hours that could have been utilized for something like crime prevention or officer training, far more important things one would think.

we are always hearing about how the courts are clogged, and it would seem murderers and gangsters are being allowed to walk because of this, yet the rcmp chose to create this baseless case, and spawn more, with the 'premiers' blessing.

what was the logic that went into these decisions? why doesn't the media ask?
T.Tsarnaev
lasnomadas
Übergod

Post by lasnomadas »

What does Okanagan mayors endorsing candidates have to do with the MSM? Well, I guess 'somebody' had to call the MSM with this little news item, didn't they? The MSM has a choice of what they think is newsworthy and what isn't. The fact that they thought this was newsworthy makes them suspect.
Omar nuttall

Post by Omar nuttall »

A_Britishcolumbian wrote:recall, christy got elected last time just a week after claiming 'al qeda' inspired terrorists planted 'bombs' at the 'legislature' building in victoria.

we are just a few weeks shy of 4 years now, and for some reason there is no media report of how or when the 'premier' or bcliberals decided to let the rcmp/csis carry out their 'bombing'.

there is no example of any media confronting clark on the issue.

there is no explanation for why the primary victims of the hoax, korody and nuttall's apartment and possessions were allowed to be opened to the media and public, to be scrutinized and displaced.

there is no evidence of anyone being called to account on that point.

so, if that is not evidence of either complete incompetence or complete complicity, or both, on the media's part, i can't imagine what more you would need.

the rcmp don't hold the bcliberals accountable, the media doesn't hold the bcliberals accountable, and maybe 1 in 5 of eligible voters choose them to lead.

Yes it is very entertaining to watch the top rcmp guy in their press release video 4 years ago telling us that the rcmp worked tenaciously to prevent this attack from happening, when the judge found they had in fact worked tenaciously to ensure that it did, finding them (the rcmp) guilty of knowingly facilitating a terrorist activity, a crime for which no member of the force has ever been formerly charged.

Return to “British Columbia Elections 2017”