NDP lose at least two ridings due to racism and sexism

Discuss the upcoming elections here.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

NDP lose at least two ridings due to racism and sexism

Post by The Green Barbarian »

The NDP has a racist and sexist policy regarding nominations for their ridings, in that they limit who can run to only certain types of people. Others who don't fit this mold are told they can't even run. So far I've found two ridings that were NDP going into the election, that were lost due to this policy. If anyone wants to have a look at other ridings that the NDP lost due to their insane stupidity and disgusting racism and sexism, please post here and let's discuss.
LET'S GO BRANDON!

Justin Trudeau is a blight on our once great country.
rustled
Walks on Forum Water

Re: NDP lose at least two ridings due to racism and sexism

Post by rustled »

I think it's likely this policy cost them votes in Taft's riding, Columbia River-Revelstoke, but there's also this:
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-c ... -1.4100641

Which is the other one you've spotted?

ETA: Never mind, just saw it in another thread: Cowichan Valley.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Sonia Furstenau grabs another seat for the Green Party after being elected in the riding of Cowichan Valley.

This was a riding to watch this election.

NDP incumbent Bill Routley, who won by a 40.1 per cent to 34.9 per cent margin in the 2013 election, was not running again.

The NDP’s riding president, Ian Morrison, quit after he was denied the nomination due to the party’s gender equity policy. He then chose to run as an Independent.

The Greens had a well-known local activist as their candidate, Sonia Furstenau.

In 2009, first-time NDP candidate Bill Routley won this newly-created seat, defeating Cathy Basskin by over 3,000 votes.

http://globalnews.ca/news/3437950/b-c-e ... ey-riding/

Why was Ian Morrison not allowed to run? What is wrong with the "best person" for the job? What if it had been a woman that had been denied the nomination, or even the right to run as a candidate, because she was a woman? What the hell is wrong with the NDP??? Why are they so stupid?
LET'S GO BRANDON!

JollyGreenBully
Banned

Post by JollyGreenBully »

The Green Barbarian wrote:Why was Ian Morrison not allowed to run? What is wrong with the "best person" for the job?

Why was he the best person for the job? Please explain in detail with points from his resume which is obviously right in front of you.
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

As per the ndp rules, not having a penis was the qualification that mattered. How you think that policy is reasonable I can't fathom, but then racist and sexist groups usually have supporters with similar values I guess
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

Tbh, I don't think you know what sexist is even if you she smacked you on your *bleep*.
Would so rather be over educated that a knuckle dragging Neanderthal bereft of critical thought and imagination. Although in the case of Neanderthals, that's quite the insult.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

The Green Barbarian wrote:
    Why was Ian Morrison not allowed to run? What is wrong with the "best person" for the job? What if it had been a woman that had been denied the nomination, or even the right to run as a candidate, because she was a woman? What the hell is wrong with the NDP??? Why are they so stupid?
Best person for the job? What kind of criteria is that? Crazy talk!!
[icon_lol2.gif]
JollyGreenBully
Banned

Post by JollyGreenBully »

Veovis wrote:As per the ndp rules, not having a penis was the qualification that mattered.

^Both men and women can have penises. I'm glad the NDP understands that gender is no longer binary (actually, it never was) and is in fact hiring the best people for the job.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

JollyGreenBully wrote:
Why was he the best person for the job? Please explain in detail with points from his resume which is obviously right in front of you.

Why was he not allowed to run? Let the constituents decide who the best person for the job is. It's ridiculous and horribly racist and sexist to not even allow him to run.
LET'S GO BRANDON!

The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

JollyGreenBully wrote: I'm glad the NDP understands that gender is no longer binary (actually, it never was) and is in fact hiring the best people for the job.

You are glad they understand this, by deliberately discriminating against someone due to their sex and skin colour. Just brilliant. And they are so devoted to this deliberate discrimination, they were willing to sacrifice two ridings (at least, maybe even more) and therefore also their first majority government in 16 years. Just freaking ridiculous.
LET'S GO BRANDON!

Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

If it makes you feel better GB, I'm with you on this one.

I have read and re-read the OP and am left shaking my head.
Don't want iced up driveways and roads? Clean out the street drains and gutters. Used to be called "civic duty."
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

JollyGreenBully wrote:
^Both men and women can have penises. I'm glad the NDP understands that gender is no longer binary (actually, it never was) and is in fact hiring the best people for the job.

If that nonsensical justification for discrimination was even remotely true they would have no policy in place to have quota's for specific gender and races as in the NDP it matter what you are. Other people don't actual care "what" people are but who they are and what they can do.

To appear to be tolerant, the NDP actually have some of the most intolerant policies.

It fun watching you lovers of hate try to justify awful things endlessly.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Except that given who JollyGB is, he can hardly be characterized as a "lover of hate."

Now the NDP party? All this is new to me, I had never heard of this form of discrimination before until it came to light in these threads. GB has simply created an entire thread about it. I for one want to know if this practice is more widespread than we thought or know.

I recall that young conservative men were outraged back in the mid-80s when the RCMP were recruiting from certain demographics: Middle East, East Indian and native Indian. Those were their target recruits and there were only so many spots to fill in the classes. Is this type of recruiting still an RCMP "thing"? Anyone know?
Don't want iced up driveways and roads? Clean out the street drains and gutters. Used to be called "civic duty."
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

Queen K wrote:Except that given who JollyGB is, he can hardly be characterized as a "lover of hate."

Now the NDP party? All this is new to me, I had never heard of this form of discrimination before until it came to light in these threads. GB has simply created an entire thread about it. I for one want to know if this practice is more widespread than we thought or know.

I recall that young conservative men were outraged back in the mid-80s when the RCMP were recruiting from certain demographics: Middle East, East Indian and native Indian. Those were their target recruits and there were only so many spots to fill in the classes. Is this type of recruiting still an RCMP "thing"? Anyone know?

Trust me I also hate the gender policy the Federal Liberals have. There are many capable people out there and to have rules that require the "right set of genitals" I personally find discriminatory.

I also don't personally know JollyGB so took their words as they stated them. Their words supported gender discrimination something I think is wrong.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

But lover of hate? JollyGB, what say you and how do you explain your comments?

Return to “British Columbia Elections 2017”