Mill Creek is now a river

vinnied
Lord of the Board

Re: Mill Creek is now a river

Post by vinnied »

This should come as no surprise to anyone living in that area. trenches and preparation should have been done a long time ago.theres been plenty of warning for people living along creeks and rivers, and that area floods on a regular basis. They didnt raise those bridges for no reason
[(4-Hydroxybutyl)azanediyl]di(hexane-6,1-diyl) bis(2-hexyldecanoate), ALC-0315 equivalent, is a ionizable, physiological pH cationic synthetic lipid that is used with other lipids to form lipid nanoparticles(LNP) for drug delivery, For research use only.
Grandan
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Grandan »

Seeing is believing and people sometimes need to experience the worst to finally get the message.
Since the province has the authority over flooding, they also provide some relief when it happens.
Waste not
TylerM4
Lord of the Board

Post by TylerM4 »

I was worried that may be the case.

Yesterday evening driving home from work I noticed that Mill Creek was very high. Highest I remember seeing it. Then with all that rain last night... :200:
OldBlindDog
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by OldBlindDog »

I went for a bike ride yesterday afternoon on Bulman Road, and the creek was maybe an inch below flooding the road at that time. One poor guy's driveway bridge was already flooded. No surprise that there was flooding after last night's storm... and sadly, probably going to get worse after it storms today. I wonder how that bridge in the dog park behind Walmart is doing; the water was already hitting the side of it over a week ago. That bridge was just rebuilt last year, too.
steve mc
Fledgling

Post by steve mc »

level will continue to increase as the snowpac is not at full melt yet.
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Post by JayByrd »

Mill Creek is literally in my back yard and it rose at least six inches overnight. Grateful that the banks are high here, and this particular spot is not prone to flooding.
When someone says they pay taxes, you know they're about to be an ******e.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Here is a warning, before anyone purchases next to a creek, river or lake. Check with Provincial lands office about were flood plain is, then weigh pro's & con's about making that purchase.

Growing up my parents over period time raised our property to combat spring flooding.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

We have a friend who's house backs on to Mill Creek Park and she is flooded.
She just sold her place and is probably screwed now with the sale.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
monroe
Übergod

Post by monroe »

Sounds like the next 24hrs will tell the tale.

Hope everyone stays dry.
" ... Kind of weird but hey, weird is normal on castanet " - LANDM
TylerM4
Lord of the Board

Post by TylerM4 »

It really does go up quickly! Best wishes to anyone at risk.
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

oldtrucker wrote:21:50hrs- up 1 more inch.Highest it's been since the flood started.

And the snow up top is melting.
I hope the levels go down as fast as they went up.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

oldtrucker wrote:I'd love to keep everyone downstream posted but I'm probably going to lose internet as my cable is now underwater.
It's still rising-

Geez.
I hope things work out for you, and everyone else.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
voice of reason
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by voice of reason »

this would be a good time for the fat little piggy christy clark to kick in some disaster relief and buy herself some votes.it appears to me that the city of west kelowna is filling sandbags and building sandbag walls down on gellatly while the city of kelowna isnt doing much at all. they dropped us off 200 empty bags out of which at least 100 were too rotten to even hold sand and we picked up another 200 from the firehall.sand was provided by a neighbor with a dump truck.when the water goes down im sure colin basaran will throw on a hard hat and hi vis vest and make a photo op out of the damage but not till he is sure he wont get his shoes wet
monroe
Übergod

Post by monroe »

Hey there, good to hear.

Did you find your boat?
" ... Kind of weird but hey, weird is normal on castanet " - LANDM
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

I'm glad it's dropping.
Here's to minimum damage on yours and everyone else's property.

Return to “Flooding 2017”