Enderby: State of Emergency

Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Enderby: State of Emergency

Post by Queen K »

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#196414

Can't even make clean water anymore, the flooding and sediment load is so bad.

Who is traveling North? Be aware of the water situation and take water with you.
Don't want iced up driveways and roads? Clean out the street drains and gutters. Used to be called "civic duty."
GordonH
Grumpy Old Bleep

Re: Enderby: State of Emergency

Post by GordonH »

Those old time residents of that area should remember the former dump & were it was located.
If I was resident I'd be very concerned every spring with high water levels flooding that former dump site, and what could be leaching out of it.
"You've Gotta' Ask Yourself A Question. 'Do I Feel Lucky?' Well Do Ya...PUNK?" Harry Callahan
I don't care whether people like me or dislike me. I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
voice of reason
Übergod

Post by voice of reason »

i was just out in enderby and armstrong over the weekend .downtown armstrong got hit bad and had sandbags all down the front of the stores and library.askews parking lot was covered in a layer of mud but the store seemed unscathed. several properties up towards endeby were flooded out and one poor guy only had the top couple inches of his fence posts sticking out along fortune creek
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Thanks for the report Voice of Reason, we need to hear these things. Did you encounter Any road closures?
Don't want iced up driveways and roads? Clean out the street drains and gutters. Used to be called "civic duty."
gardengirl
Walks on Forum Water

Post by gardengirl »

GordonH wrote:Those old time residents of that area should remember the former dump & were it was located.
If I was resident I'd be very concerned every spring with high water levels flooding that former dump site, and what could be leaching out of it.

Where was that? I only remember the dump being out toward Ashton Creek.
Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death.
voice of reason
Übergod

Post by voice of reason »

Queen K wrote:Thanks for the report Voice of Reason, we need to hear these things. Did you encounter Any road closures?

there were many side roads closed but the main roads were fine. some of the driveways were pretty bad around spallumcheen.one guys car had water half way up his door and another probably had 4ft of water between the house and the road.most of the farm feilds were swamped in the lower lying areas

Return to “Flooding 2017”