Hassel99 wrote:

The mars is undergoing maintenance until august ;(

Good God how old is that thing??
Hurtlander
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Fire danger

Post by Hurtlander »

Try again without the personal attacks
Last edited by dieseluphammerdown on Jul 10th, 2017, 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: personal attack
Póg Mo Thoin
No longer proud to be born in British Columbia.
Hurtlander
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Hurtlander »

hobbyguy wrote:Coulsen is trolling for $money$. Does it every time there is a major fire. Did it with Rachel Notley too: https://www.therebel.media/shocking_here_s_why_canada_s_largest_water_bomber_wasn_t_available_to_fight_wildfire_in_fort_mac

As far as I am concerned, Coulsen is the LAST outfit that should be used to assist. Disingenuous twerp.

You didn't read the link you posted, it clearly praises Coulsons air tanker support and criticizes the government.. The BC government under Christy didn't learn anything from Ft Mac, and is now making the same mistakes that Notley made by not accepting additional air support....
Póg Mo Thoin
Hurtlander
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Hurtlander »

The wind has really whipped up here in the NT valley in the last hour, there's suddenly a hell of a lot of chopper traffic checking things out right now.
Póg Mo Thoin
Hurtlander
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Hurtlander »

One question that needs to be answered is why didn't the liberal government implement the recommendations from this report they paid for https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&q= ... ngdQviJDZA
Póg Mo Thoin
Carrs Landing Viking
Übergod

Post by Carrs Landing Viking »

Hurtlander wrote:One question that needs to be answered is why didn't the liberal government implement the recommendations from this report they paid for https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&q= ... ngdQviJDZA

That report is from 2004. You seem to be on a personal vendetta here against the Liberals.

Typical of the NDP crowd.
dieseluphammerdown
Guru

Post by dieseluphammerdown »

:topic:
This message brought to you by a proud old stock Canadian.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Id love to spit some beechnut in that dudes eyes
And shoot him with my old 45
Hurtlander
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Hurtlander »

Carrs Landing Viking wrote:
Hurtlander wrote:One question that needs to be answered is why didn't the liberal government implement the recommendations from this report they paid for https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&q= ... ngdQviJDZA

That report is from 2004. You seem to be on a personal vendetta here against the Liberals.

Typical of the NDP crowd.

Who cares if the report and recommendations are from 2004, why weren't these recommendations implemented to try to avoid a repeat of 2003. Incase you're unaware, the liberals are the only party governing BC since 2001, there's absolutely no other government to blame for not following up on these recommendations... Evidently Christy supporters can't handle honest criticism.
Póg Mo Thoin
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Mother Nature is pi$$ed that we voted in the NDP. It happened in Alberta, and they the fire storm of the century; now we voted them in, and we are getting the full wrath of Mommy Nature.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Merry
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Merry »

Hurtlander wrote: Who cares if the report and recommendations are from 2004, why weren't these recommendations implemented to try to avoid a repeat of 2003. Incase you're unaware, the liberals are the only party governing BC since 2001, there's absolutely no other government to blame for not following up on these recommendations... Evidently Christy supporters can't handle honest criticism.

Hurtlander is correct that it was the responsibility of the Government to make sure the recommendations in that 2004 report were implemented.

Far to often Government commissioned reports are left to "gather dust" on a shelf somewhere - all in the name of saving money. Well try explaining the reason for that to the folks who are currently losing their homes and livelihoods due to Government negligence and inaction on this particular file.

This isn't a partisan issue; this is an issue of our Government failing to do it's duty and protect the people of this Province to the best of their ability. Failing to implement the recommendations in that report was nothing short of criminal.
"In a world swathed in political correctness, the voting booth remains the final sanctuary where the people are free to speak" - Clifford Orwin
Hurtlander
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Hurtlander »

These photos were taken this evening, top end of Adams Lake. When the person who took the photos got back within cell range these idiots were reported to the authorities, and up loaded the photos to FB. Judging by the uniforms, those idiots are level 1 MOF fire fighting experts....
Attachments
image.jpeg
Póg Mo Thoin
tsayta
Lord of the Board

Post by tsayta »

Sad
I have learned that to be with those I like is enough.
WW
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Yup, that kind of stuff happens all the time. Usually, they're smart enough to do it when no one else is around. We had to tell one guy in my crew one time to stop trying to light fires during an extreme fire danger period. He just laughed and said he was hoping for fires so we'd get some action. We all wanted action, but most of us didn't want to create our own job security.

EDIT: As for fire danger, it has really improved in the Kootenays today and slightly in our area. Still extreme in the Cariboo...

dr july 11.png
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
tsayta
Lord of the Board

Post by tsayta »

In awe. Glac called the improve several days ago.

I'm thinking defense right now. Obviously should have cleared the zone around the cottage last year but, do I sneak up and deploy sprinklers? Sprinkler on roof with timer, 2 hours a day. Leave power and pump on so the bladder tank keeps it going?
I have learned that to be with those I like is enough.
WW
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

My uncle is coming from Germany to visit for 10 days. He hasn't been to BC since before I was born, and so don't want him to not see stuff. I'm trying to figure out how to sneak him out west to my mom's place. Might have to take a lot of backroads!
- Douglas Murray

Return to “Fire Watch 2017”