Fire danger

tsayta
Lord of the Board

Re: Fire danger

Post by tsayta »

Remember the produce sellers that also made wooden toys? I forget their names. Lived at red lake. American draft dodgers I think. Last name starts with L or something
I have learned that to be with those I like is enough.
WW
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

I dunno about that. I was there in the early 2000s. The Red Lake and Deadman Valley guys were organic vegetables. I stayed at the Deadman place many, many years ago. Like 1980s.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

You mean Vidette Lodge?
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Queen K wrote:You mean Vidette Lodge?

nope. It was a private home, but near there.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
tsayta
Lord of the Board

Post by tsayta »

Big Kamloops grass fire breaking now. Valley view area. CN shut down. Choppers coming
WW
tsayta
Lord of the Board

Post by tsayta »

Look at this example of fire danger in an interface zone. This is a 'green space' very close to homes. More of a 'brown space' to me. If a fire started here it would be game over. Here's a crazy idea... During certain high fire risk times of the year, turn off the water meters. Encourage people to keep their properties wet
upload a photo on internet
WW
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Frisk
Guru

Post by Frisk »

Rain incoming tomorrow
Attachments
Williams lake forecast.png
Quesnel forecast.png
tsayta
Lord of the Board

Post by tsayta »

Is it over?
WW
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Currently raining throughout the Cariboo and Chilcotin. Coming down at 45 mm/h in Anahim Lake. Also raining just to the west of the Okanagan valley.
- Douglas Murray
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

To tsayta

You may be thinking if John and Linda? Loman. Sold wooden toys many years at craft shows. Lovely couple.
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
tsayta
Lord of the Board

Post by tsayta »

Catsumi wrote:To tsayta

You may be thinking if John and Linda? Loman. Sold wooden toys many years at craft shows. Lovely couple.

Yes! You know them?
WW
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

tsayta wrote:
Catsumi wrote:To tsayta

Yes! You know them?

Yes i do know them but haven't seen them around for several years.
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Post by JagXKR »

Large T-storm looking like it's moving right through Little Fort area.. It is throwing down a very heavy downpour of rain. Radar shows high intensity in the middle. Could be hail though. Not good having the lightning but maybe the rain will be a help.
Attachments
RadarJul20.jpg
LightningJuly20.jpg
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Well, the Chilcotin was in extreme fire danger even way back in May when we were still suffering from floods, and it stayed that way until today. Lots of rain up there today.

dr-july20.png

pcp.png

rh.png
- Douglas Murray

Return to “Fire Watch 2017”