Fire danger

cooldude
Fledgling

Re: Fire danger

Post by cooldude »

All weather stations in the Okanagan from Penticton to Salmon Arm reporting between 1-4mm of precipitation as of 8am this morning.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Big improvement!

20708175_10155351923581628_6737127246137270293_n.jpg

dr.png
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Queen K wrote:https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-story-204143-3-.htm#204143

Maybe this will calm things down?

Wow! Yes, that would... though there are no fires in that area. Elephant Hill hasn't grown at all in 48 hours, probably because of moisture. Meanwhile, out west where I am, we had like 10 minutes total of rain, and that's more than some people got. I need only look out the window in front of me to see that the fires are still burning like crazy...

cwf.jpg
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

The fire danger has even opened up job opportunities! Look at this one:

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#204570
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

My brother has only had 2 days off since July 7th.
- Douglas Murray
tsayta
Lord of the Board

Post by tsayta »

Just watched an interview of a rancher at loon lake on TV. She has a 700 acre Ranch that she says the forest has been destroyed due to a controlled burn gone wrong. She says all the grass is gone forever and nothing for the cattle to eat. Says its too dangerous for cattle go around because a tree might fall on them. Wants compensation. I get it that this year's grass is gone, but won't it just grow back next year even fuller? In some ways would a fire not improve the 'ranch-ability'?
I have learned that to be with those I like is enough.
WW
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

The grass is NOT gone forever! It will be back by the end of the week. For example, I drove through the 215,000 hectare Hanceville Riske Creek Fire last week, and there was already green grass several inches high growing where the fire was burning 10 days earlier (thanks to a single rain event).
- Douglas Murray
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I think she smells "money" for her ranch. I figure with certain trees gone, there will be more grasses and fodder for cattle. Since when did living out there every guarantee her a life free of danger? I'd think she was lucky all this time not to have a fire due to fire suppression. The back burn was botched? Does anyone from the court wish to come out and do a back burn during extreme temperatures?
tsayta
Lord of the Board

Post by tsayta »

+1
I have learned that to be with those I like is enough.
WW
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

I think she has sniffed too much Cow Do-Do.
So I saw a bumper sticker today that said, I'm a Veterinarian so I drive like an animal.
I suddenly realised how many Proctologists are on the road!
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Lots of rain in the cariboo today. Enough to knock danger rating down moderate.
- Douglas Murray
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

http://globalnews.ca/news/3691641/b-c-f ... wildfires/ looks like they got fined like anyone else would have

Return to “Fire Watch 2017”