Hanceville Riske Creek

Merry
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Hanceville/Alexis Creek

Post by Merry »

Glacier wrote:I have no way to communicate with him. He has no phone, internet, or electricity.

Things are fine in Dog Creek. The fires are north of Williams Lake. Anyone living out toward Horsefly could be in trouble. Same goes for 150 Mile House. It's raining hard in Prince George, but it peters out south of Quesnel.

Not all the fires are to the North Glacier. There's one that's threatening Sugar Cane, and the far end of South Lakeshore is on evacuation alert.
"In a world swathed in political correctness, the voting booth remains the final sanctuary where the people are free to speak" - Clifford Orwin
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

caribou reporter was live streaming the southshore fire on facebook. she panned 180 degress and showed 3 seperate fires in one pan . im not sure why we are waiting till last resort to use the military . theres no rain forcast for 100 mile area for few days
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Merry wrote:Not all the fires are to the North Glacier. There's one that's threatening Sugar Cane, and the far end of South Lakeshore is on evacuation alert.

I know people on southlake side too. By north, I mean, the north side of the lake. They are on alert because the fires could potentially come south through Sugar Cane. Dog Creek is quite a bit further south, and I don't think there is any danger down there. There's also some fire activity around 150 Mile House that could go west to Williams Lake, but it's not likely to burn that direction.

Here's a zoomed in screen shot of the fires.

screenshotfires.jpg
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Not close to Barkerville, but close enough. :135:
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Here's what Riske Creek looks like...
riskecreek.jpg
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

wow its like that atleast 4 spots . its time to bring in the troops
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Uh oh! My friends in Kleena Kleene, an hour and a half past Alexis Creek say they have a big fire moving in on their place.
- Douglas Murray
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

the fire map has it at 7000 hctres but looks way bigger than that .
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Just watched an evacuee video of their dramatic escape along Highway 20. The entire highway is encased side to side with fire.

They were lucky to get out. The interview was just on with their video. Globaltv.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
tsayta
Lord of the Board

Post by tsayta »

WAIT! Is that rain rolling across the chilcotin right now? Moving up from south?
I have learned that to be with those I like is enough.
WW
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I hope it's snow.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

The power is back on!
- Douglas Murray
tsayta
Lord of the Board

Post by tsayta »

Spoke too soon. Now lightning
WW
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

My brother is fighting this fire. He says it was insane, but has died down some with the cooler weather and higher humidity. Almost got trapped. Lots of houses have burned, but they saved most.

Hydro is back on even as the fire smolders along the highway.

hydropole2.jpg

hydropole1.jpg
- Douglas Murray
tsayta
Lord of the Board

Post by tsayta »

I'm wondering what that truck with the arm is for
WW

Return to “Fire Watch 2017”