Hanceville Riske Creek

maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Re: Hanceville/Alexis Creek

Post by maryjane48 »

its self loader. truck can load or unload itself .
tsayta
Lord of the Board

Post by tsayta »

maryjane48 wrote:its self loader. truck can load or unload itself .

TX mj
I have learned that to be with those I like is enough.
WW
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

They have expanded the evacuation order to include areas south of the Chilcotin River because the fire has jumped the river. Also, Big Creek, even further south is on evacuation alert.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

The fire is a monster. 47,000 ha! BC Hydro had to replace 100 power poles.

Anyway, ranchers are working around the clock to save their livelihoods... http://www.wltribune.com/news/ranchers- ... ire-zones/
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

My brother has been working this fire from 5 am to midnight every day, but got off early last night, so was home by 9. He says they saved the CBC tower from burning down. There are also other towers there too such as for the RCMP to communicate, so it was pretty important. They bulldozed a massive swath around the site, leaving nothing left to burn.
- Douglas Murray
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Aerial footage of the fire...

http://bc.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=1166908
- Douglas Murray
Frisk
Guru

Post by Frisk »

Estimated at 98,000 hectares. 2nd largest fire in B.C. since 1982.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Frisk wrote:Estimated at 98,000 hectares. 2nd largest fire in B.C. since 1982.

Source? I can find a larger fire going back just 3 years.
- Douglas Murray
Frisk
Guru

Post by Frisk »

Glacier wrote:Source? I can find a larger fire going back just 3 years.

Sorry I meant to say since 1983. If you include the 1982 Eg Fire then yes it's the 3rd largest.

http://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/safety/wildfire-status/wildfire-statistics/major-historical-wildfires
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

- Douglas Murray
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

The fire has burned down the powerlines AGAIN! No power for another day or two.

View from the Anaham reserve, just east of Alexis Creek.

anaham.jpg
- Douglas Murray
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

The fire grew by 27,000 hectares yesterday, bringing the total size to 125,000 hectares. That makes it the 2nd largest fire ever recorded in BC west of the Rockies!
- Douglas Murray
tsayta
Lord of the Board

Post by tsayta »

Cbc is sometimes quite out of touch. They keep referring to the Ashcroft fire as the biggest this year. Obviously wrong and as if a whole part of bc does not exist
I have learned that to be with those I like is enough.
WW
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

tsayta wrote:Cbc is sometimes quite out of touch. They keep referring to the Ashcroft fire as the biggest this year. Obviously wrong and as if a whole part of bc does not exist

You're lying through your teeth. There's no such thing as the Ashcroft fire. Learn to get your facts straight! #FakeNews #FakeNews

Okay, okay, I'm only ribbing you. I just noticed that the Ashcroft Reserve Fire has been re-named the "Elephant Hill Fire."

Ya, I was wondering about that CBC bit. I think it's because the Hanceville Riske Creek Fire (as it's now called) was originally a complex fire (a number of fires), so even though it's all one fire now, CBC might be ignoring it because of this.
- Douglas Murray
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Re: Hanceville Riske Creek

Post by Glacier »

Great story from the 100 Mile Free Press (how are they producing it when the town is being evacuated).

http://www.100milefreepress.net/news/ri ... dfire/amp/
- Douglas Murray

Return to “Fire Watch 2017”