Smokanagan - again

Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Re: Smokanagan - again

Post by Queen K »

What? WA is getting all our smoke for free?? :-X
I say we send them the bill.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Queen K wrote:What? WA is getting all our smoke for free?? :-X
I say we send them the bill.

Too bad we signed that Free Trade deal!
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

our street lights are still on because smoke :smt045
Woodenhead
Guru

Post by Woodenhead »

ferri wrote:It's crazy, I poured a cup of coffee this morning, could smell coffee and smoke and thought I was camping!

I keep craving a cigar and a scotch, dammit.
Your bias suits you.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Castanet's latest headline is dishonest. It says "wind, lightning on the way." This leaves out the fact that dry lightning is no longer in the forecast. Lightning is possible, but will not happen without rain. In fact, there's going to be rain with cooler weather and less wind than previously forecast.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
tsayta
Lord of the Board

Post by tsayta »

Smoke is a complex mixture of carbon dioxide, water vapor, carbon monoxide, particulate matter, hydrocarbons and other organic chemicals, nitrogen oxides, and trace minerals. The individual compounds present in smoke number in the thousands.

https://www3.epa.gov/airnow/wildfire_may2016.pdf
I have learned that to be with those I like is enough.
WW
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

So what you're saying is, it's good for the soil compounds once it settles?
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
tsayta
Lord of the Board

Post by tsayta »

No idea. I do know that I'm a crappy gardener tho
WW
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

tsayta wrote:Smoke is a complex mixture of carbon dioxide, water vapor, carbon monoxide, particulate matter, hydrocarbons and other organic chemicals, nitrogen oxides, and trace minerals. The individual compounds present in smoke number in the thousands.

https://www3.epa.gov/airnow/wildfire_may2016.pdf

Chemical and spectral analysis of cigarette smoke that burns at maximum of 10 minutes compared to forest fire smoke that burns for who knows how long shows that there are more carcinogens in burning forests than in butts. Who would have thought? Didn't look into MJ though.
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

Buttflickers, flick-off eh.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

True story: I was walking a long Valley Road in the dusk when a butt flicker sent their cigarette directly into the dry weeds, right below his newly purchased house.

Nice. Sparks and all. We ran up and stomped it out. No license plate number, no accountability.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

kgcayenne wrote:Buttflickers, flick-off eh.

There is ABSOLUTELY no excuse for ANYONE to flick a cigarette anywhere!!! There are portable ashtrays for your car, your pocket or purse. If you are hiking somewhere and don't have this way to dispose of your 'butt', scrape off leaf duff to bare earth, grind your butt out, make sure the residue is COMPLETELY out, cover with a layer of bare earth (maybe even pee on it) and put the butt in your pocket to dispose of later. You can use an AshGrabber in your car or even an old water bottle with a few inches of water in it (gross). Even in the city or a town, have some respect for keeping the place clean of your filthy butts - use the ashtrays provided or stomp on the butt and then PICK IT UP and take it with you!!

BTW - I am a smoker and it makes me mad to see other smokers with such disgusting and irresponsible behavior!!!
Chill
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

surrey was saying they had over 50 spot fires from cigs this year
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

flamingfingers wrote:
kgcayenne wrote:Buttflickers, flick-off eh.

There is ABSOLUTELY no excuse for ANYONE to flick a cigarette anywhere!!! There are portable ashtrays for your car, your pocket or purse. If you are hiking somewhere and don't have this way to dispose of your 'butt', scrape off leaf duff to bare earth, grind your butt out, make sure the residue is COMPLETELY out, cover with a layer of bare earth (maybe even pee on it) and put the butt in your pocket to dispose of later. You can use an AshGrabber in your car or even an old water bottle with a few inches of water in it (gross). Even in the city or a town, have some respect for keeping the place clean of your filthy butts - use the ashtrays provided or stomp on the butt and then PICK IT UP and take it with you!!

BTW - I am a smoker and it makes me mad to see other smokers with such disgusting and irresponsible behavior!!!

I too indulge in the vice, am super careful and diligent about extinguishing cigs (some say fanatical). Will give it up soon. The dance steps you describe above...i would love to see those who trot away from their dogs' turdos performing the same tango!
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
tsayta
Lord of the Board

Post by tsayta »

Smoke so thick right now. Breathed in a spat out pure carbon
WW

Return to “Fire Watch 2017”